Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    The Canadian factory that they switched to doesn’t seem to be up to par with the old white room built skis. But that’s an understatement. Are they still using Elan to build their other skis? Always had good luck with the skis coming out of that factory.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Are they still using Elan to build their other skis? Always had good luck with the skis coming out of that factory.

I have EHP's that are duds

4frnt is a scratch for me at this point, pending positive feedback. The whole debacle has slowed down my ski purchasing, which is probably not all bad.

Sucks, because all else being approx equal (positive reviews, etc.), I’d have just purchased the ski in the 4frnt lineup that fit what I was looking for in my quiver to solve any indecision.

That is all but gone, now. It’s the section on your balance sheet called “goodwill”. You might need to speed up the amortization on that.
    focus.

This is sad. Proud owner of #1165. I love those skis. Anyone have some white room 186s 'still in wrapper'?

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    This is sad. Proud owner of #1165. I love those skis. Anyone have some white room 186s 'still in wrapper'?
    Do you mean Renegades or EHP?

Renegades. I thought all other production runs came from elans' factory?

Quote Originally Posted by rcamp View Post
    Do you mean Renegades or EHP?

Wut?

This is pervasive throughout this thread. This is the Renegade thread. Why might he mean EHPs?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    4frnt is a scratch for me at this point, pending positive feedback. The whole debacle has slowed down my ski purchasing, which is probably not all bad.

Sucks, because all else being approx equal (positive reviews, etc.), I’d have just purchased the ski in the 4frnt lineup that fit what I was looking for in my quiver to solve any indecision.

That is all but gone, now. It’s the section on your balance sheet called “goodwill”. You might need to speed up the amortization on that.
    Same. First season in ten years I’ll have non-4FRNT skis on my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Wut?

This is pervasive throughout this thread. This is the Renegade thread. Why might he mean EHPs?
    Just due to tuco’s prior post.

Quote Originally Posted by rcamp View Post
    Just due to tuco’s prior post.

Tuco's prior post was only about Elan's supposed exemplary build quality.

2019 4frnt Renegade Changes?

Yup my bad
    BTW - I have a pair of 186 owl from the white room for sale. Rode no more then 5 days.

Sounds like Tuco has some bad luck. I’ve had at least 8 pairs of Elan made 4frnts and they’ve all been really good. Have 6 pairs of white room renegades. All the 186s have been good One pair of 196 has almost no rocker

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Sounds like Tuco has some bad luck. I’ve had at least 8 pairs of Elan made 4frnts and they’ve all been really good. Have 6 pairs of white room renegades. All the 186s have been good One pair of 196 has almost no rocker

Yeah, kind of a bummer cause I loved those skis. I think I can fix them, but might not ever happen. Didn't stop me from buying White Room Renegades(Owls).

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    Renegades. I thought all other production runs came from elans' factory?
    My 2nd year Ravens are also White Room made. Very well built skis.

Do we know if the renegade press is still sitting in salt lake? A re run would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Do we know if the renegade press is still sitting in salt lake? A re run would be nice
    If it’s still in SLC inner it’s the WNDR press now, otherwise I think the whole show moved to Vermont I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If it’s still in SLC inner it’s the WNDR press now,...
    That would be spectacular.

A WNDR EHP run would be greatly appreciated too.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Interesting.

I’ve been looking at WNDR’s reverse camber skis... pretty interesting looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If it’s still in SLC inner it’s the WNDR press now, otherwise I think the whole show moved to Vermont I believe.

No longer on Renegades but just throwing out there than my 2020 Hoji 187's seem well made, no issues of note yet and they ski great, like my old Pilsner Hojis but lighter. Pretty sure they are Elan made.

First day on my renegades. Loving them. Same personality as before as far as I can tell (have skied the 196 for last 5 years) but the slightly shorter length is really nice when it gets super tight and bush whacky.

Unmounted pair of white room renegades for sale here in Niseko at Mountain Shop 343... under $450 usd with conversion rate

You could have a pair made by Endre Hals i Oppdal, NO if you´re willing to pony up the $$$. He made the original set(s?) of protos for/with Hoji. Get together a group buy, and you could probably get a discount.

Interesting process in which the skis can be remade (new laminates etc) when you´ve beaten them to shit.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Did he made the EHP also ? Or they started the collaboration with the renegade ?

From EVI Skis : All constructions, geometry and graphic options are possible. Prog skis cost about 13 000-20 000 NOK / 1 300-2 000 EUR

Not cheap ...

I think it started with the renegade. @endre?
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

I’m not in the market but that’s where I’ll be turning if my Ren ever breaks. I love and covet that Hals construction of one sidewall-to-sidewall piece of core.

Never once have I wished my skis were lighter. And with so few pieces glued together, it’s hard to improve upon from a longevity perspective.