Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 478
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,116
    The Elan Hoji and EHP I had looked good. The white room renegades 2x 186 and a 196 were bomber. Last years ren was a fail for me.

    Not Willing to commit to current renegades and will just wait it out. Last year I went on faith and am learning to wait. I have a kusala which is close and slashy. So I look forward to hearing reviews from OG users

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    The Elan Hoji and EHP I had looked good. The white room renegades 2x 186 and a 196 were bomber. Last years ren was a fail for me.

    Not Willing to commit to current renegades and will just wait it out. Last year I went on faith and am learning to wait. I have a kusala which is close and slashy. So I look forward to hearing reviews from OG users
    So which version skis the closest to the Kusala?
    Love my Kusala and pray it never breaks or wanders.

    … and which do you prefer?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,116
    So which version skis the closest to the Kusala?
    Love my Kusala and pray it never breaks or wanders.

    Ö and which do you prefer?
    I think the EHP was close and the 186 renegade was loose as well. But I feel like Kusala has larger sweet spot and itís just better in light pow. But I had some great days on old 186 and 196. That is why I wanted 191.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Anyone see any change in quality/longevity between the Elan pressed 4frnts and the Quebec made ones? My elan made Hojis have been tough as nails, but I'm considering a new pair.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    As a dude with 193 EHP with less than 20 days on them, and these type delam issuesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171216_161609134.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	610.6 KB 
ID:	291896, I would definitely not call Elans construction 'tough as nails'!.

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    451
    That's a bummer. I've had a bunch of skis out of that factory and all have proven bro durable. Such a good ski wish they would bring it back. I'm sure you've got a technique to fix it


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,604
    Yeah, big time bummer. Even though I only used them ~20 days, the ski was out of warranty by the time I noticed it. One of the downsides of a quiver I guess. I got the feeling if 4frnt would have had some leftover EHPs they would have replaced them. I didn't want the Hoji as a replacement anyway. I will give 4frnt huge props for hooking me up w/ base material to fix it. Just need time and smoke a huge bowl of gumption. The fix is similar to mtlions rebase on his volkl Sanouks.
    I also had some im103's fall apart on me, although I think those were from too brittle of sidewall material, these EHPs seem to be not properly wetted out during layup

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    451
    Those old head monsters were great skis but probably the easiest ski to break I've ever skied.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of the Long Flat Vowel
    Posts
    788

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    ahead
    Posts
    36
    anyone know the mount point on this year's 191?

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    anyone know the mount point on this year's 191?
    Same as with almost all the other years, I would assume it's on the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Same as with almost all the other years, I would assume it's on the top.
    Wasnít on the top on the OG....
    focus.

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Wasnít on the top on the OG....
    4frnt is going downhill fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    4frnt is going downhill fast.
    Thatís why we love them in spite of their recent missteps.
    focus.

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Thatís why we love them in spite of their recent missteps.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    44
    Stumbled on the thread last night and bought some 191s...

    Love my green dark blue 186s - excited get the new lighter setup..planning on mounting with Salomon MTN pins and pink pomocas - both are in hand. Boom!




    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    171
    I have 186 rens (green and white) with Mtnís and Pomoca skins. Itís pretty incredible.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkiMTN19 View Post
    Stumbled on the thread last night and bought some 191s...

    Love my green dark blue 186s - excited get the new lighter setup..planning on mounting with Salomon MTN pins and pink pomocas - both are in hand. Boom!




    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Golden B.C.
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    As a dude with 193 EHP with less than 20 days on them, and these type delam issuesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171216_161609134.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	610.6 KB 
ID:	291896, I would definitely not call Elans construction 'tough as nails'!.
    That is shitty. I've got 150ish days on my Hojis. Loads of rock strikes, 1000s of uphill steps and hours of smashing around in a CFR rack on my sled. They show their age but no massive delam like you have had to deal with.

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I also had some im103's fall apart on me, although I think those were from too brittle of sidewall material, these EHPs seem to be not properly wetted out during layup
    The cores of the im103s were two GS cores stapled together. Likely the problem?

  19. #469
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    The cores of the im103s were two GS cores stapled together. Likely the problem?
    Nah, brittle sidewall material. It was a known issue. Head warrantied a bunch of them from 03-04 model.

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1

    Suggestions needed

    hi,
    Looking for Dog Harness. Can you please share any dog harness for adult dog?

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown56Eliz View Post
    hi,
    Looking for Dog Harness. Can you please share any dog harness for adult dog?
    We'll need more information about your dog.
    What breed, how heavy?
    What kind of walking does your dog prefer, flat and open parks or extreme downhill descents?

    Soooo many variables.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

  22. #472
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    whistler
    Posts
    949
    can't make accurate recommendation without naked pics of dog.

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,116
    Is your dog a charger or more Jibby and jumpy. Can he back up switch or Ollie off the couch?

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown56Eliz View Post
    hi,
    Looking for Dog Harness. Can you please share any dog harness for adult dog?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32418561676.html

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown56Eliz View Post
    hi,
    Looking for Dog Harness. Can you please share any dog harness for adult dog?
    I might have a harness to share.

    What's your dog's BSL?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •