Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    I needed a new ski. New 191s getting shifts. Skis are hopefully going to be with me a while so I'm sweating the bullshit like white blue or black for the bindings

if it were me, with that top sheet, I'd go white for sure. black would be second choice. Blue would clash pretty hard on those. I'd also get the cheapest ones, but for same price across the board color matters.

Great day, Rens arrived. Love the top sheet texture and luminescent bases.

Appear to be of shred worthy construction.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Anyone get a pair of 2019/20 Hojis in hand yet? Curious if any perceivable differences from last few years (I believe it should be identical). Will be ordering a pair soon. Currently on 186 black/green Renegades (previously had OG 2010 raven graphic) and 187 Pilsner graphic 2013 Hojis. New Hoji + Shifts is going to be my one pair of skis going forward.

I seem to remeber a while back 4FRNT sold some skis through Sportpursuit.com

That would be very helpful for us Euro dudes that don't want to pay extra on shipping and import duties!!!

Any thoughts on doing that again??? Please!
    Skiah for life

Quote Originally Posted by ChowdahRidah View Post

That would be very helpful for us Euro dudes that don't want to pay extra on shipping and import duties!!!

Unfortunately, that won't happen. They switched to direct sales only. You can only buy skis from their website.

Hmmm. Yeah just thought this was an easy way around that problem.... I’m sure there’s a good market here for Ravens, Hojis, Revs., Devs and Enthaynes. And Sportpursuit seems like a pretty good outlet to get to the target audience, but obviously don’t know what the cost would be to 4Frnt in doing so.

Hi,

I found the beginning part of this thread on the various rocker/Camber profiles really interesting. What’s the general consensus from those who have skied a few different models (not just 4FRNT) on what’s the right amount of rev. Camber for an all mountain purpose ski? Is it more flat than true reverse?

Any rocker profile shots of the new skis?

Anyone been out on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Anyone been out on them?
    I skied my new '19/20 184cm Rens back to back with my old '13/14 186cm White Room Rens, touring in 12"-20" fresh snow, below treeline with early season obstacles (partially buried rocks, logs, etc.). Both generations handle similarly in soft snow, but the new setup is way lighter for the skin up (although this has as much to do with lighter skins/bindings as the skis themselves). Also, the new skis are far easier to turn in crust/crud (likely due to much more rocker). The old Rens are basically flat-camber, touching at two points near the tip and tail with <1mm between the bases at center. The new ones touch at one point under the bindings with several mm separation a foot or two out from center.

I always thought of Renegades as the DH bike of skis - the new ones like to straightline over boulders, fallen trees, drops... whatever... just like the old pair. They're more like a carbon Demo 8 than a Demo 9: sure, the Demo 9 is bigger, heavier, burlier, and more iconic... but very few people would actually prefer to ride one if given the choice.

Sorry if this posts twice... my first try seemed to have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowdahRidah View Post

There is the shipping, but 4FRNT actually covers all cost of import duties/tax/VAT.

From their webpage: "NO Duty, NO Tax - We pre-pay it for you, so you'll have no additional unexpected costs!"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
    I skied my new '19/20 184cm Rens back to back with my old '13/14 186cm White Room Rens, touring in 12"-20" fresh snow, below treeline with early season obstacles (partially buried rocks, logs, etc.). Both generations handle similarly in soft snow, but the new setup is way lighter for the skin up (although this has as much to do with lighter skins/bindings as the skis themselves). Also, the new skis are far easier to turn in crust/crud (likely due to much more rocker). The old Rens are basically flat-camber, touching at two points near the tip and tail with <1mm between the bases at center. The new ones touch at one point under the bindings with several mm separation a foot or two out from center.

I always thought of Renegades as the DH bike of skis - the new ones like to straightline over boulders, fallen trees, drops... whatever... just like the old pair. They're more like a carbon Demo 8 than a Demo 9: sure, the Demo 9 is bigger, heavier, burlier, and more iconic... but very few people would actually prefer to ride one if given the choice.

Sorry if this posts twice... my first try seemed to have failed.
    Good short, on point review. Sounds like they’d be a good touring ski. Still glad I hoarded 3 pair of the old white room skis. But might look at these for a pow touring ski in the future. Graphics this year are horrible on almost every ski in the line up

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hoji 187 on the way.

Seems odd that the weight of this years renegade is same as last years, even after beefing up the core and last year thinning out the base and edges ??
    Anyone have any true weights?

Not enough snow yet in whistler but mounted these up today. Should get on them after new year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0317.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	306694

What's the main difference between the Renegades and Hojis? Is it mostly just waist width?

Quote Originally Posted by switters1974 View Post
    What's the main difference between the Renegades and Hojis? Is it mostly just waist width?
    And shape, flex profile, Renegades have three layers of septaxial weave gnarberglass and the Hojis only have 2, etc.

It’s almost like they are different models of skis.
    focus.

I'm honestly guessing that this would be an oversight. At this point, they are likely posting the specs in August before they have the skis in hand... That being said, I seem to remember last years coming in a little lighter than anticipated. Which makes sense given what happened. So would guess that the stated weight plus up to 75 grams would be accurate. Most companies seem to be a little heavier than listed weight.

Quote Originally Posted by powderslave View Post
    Seems odd that the weight of this years renegade is same as last years, even after beefing up the core and last year thinning out the base and edges ??
    Anyone have any true weights?

X2

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Update. Build quality is better than last years but still terrible. I'm off 4frnt now. You can find me back on the on3p page

What areas are you noticing that seem to be lacking?

Also, are you saying bad compared to On3p or larger companies like Atomic? Big difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Update. Build quality is better than last years but still terrible. I'm off 4frnt now. You can find me back on the on3p page

I copped a tiny edge compression which was fine but it seems to have been the thread that kept coming. It's now delammed the rail 3 inches along the ski, it's like they didn't use any glue.
    The base material is super soft as well It even bruises it's so soft.

Obviously nothing is as tough as on3p but the new 4frnts are not even up to the same standard as other corporation skis.

Nobody could have predicted this!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Please.

There used to be a cult developing around the Renegade. I bought the 2013 Owl (#845, and signed, as they were White Room) and they are still pristine. They're amazing. They have well over 100 days on them but that's all in JP forests. Little struggle, I guess. It's a delicate sport at this point.

But... the camber/rocker line is still perfect. The ski is still perfect. My bases have some abuse, but I do ollie trees. So, there's that.

Why am I reading about shitty production quality two years in a row after a shift in production lines?

The Renegade WAS A CULT SKI!!!