Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2019 4frnt Renegade Changes?

Does anyone have information on the changes to the Renegade for next year?

4frnt has had some a few pictures on their Social Media over the past few months saying there are some updates coming. Its hard to tell but it appears that that it may well come in a slightly shorter length than the 186cm... still has carbon stringers... other than that I have not idea what to expect.

I'm tempted to jump in on the Praxis pre-sale but I'm curious about Renegade changes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E1F04A649DF4-1.jpeg 
Views:	786 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	230122  

I am in the same boat, surprised they haven’t released anything yet regarding their 2019 lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Does anyone have information on the changes to the Renegade for next year?

4frnt has had some a few pictures on their Social Media over the past few months saying there are some updates coming. Its hard to tell but it appears that that it may well come in a slightly shorter length than the 186cm... still has carbon stringers... other than that I have not idea what to expect.

I'm tempted to jump in on the Praxis pre-sale but I'm curious about Renegade changes...
    Pretty sure randich has been (and is in those photos) skiing the Inthaybe proto.

It looks like the Inthayne prototypes but the caption said ‘skiing Renegade prototypes’.

I read somewhere that they release info Aug1.

Graphics (which does say 186): https://www.instagram.com/p/BgqxeEcF...aken-by=devsoi

EDIT: I read the caption in some of his graphics insta posts. these might just be concepts, and not final graphics.
    Last edited by Judo Chop!; 03-28-2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: update

Any word on the new (if new) Raven?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

196 Renegade is now 191.
    I may as well just quit skiing.

R.I.P.

https://4frnt.com/products/renegade-...ant=1486808705

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    196 Renegade is now 191.

R.I.P.

I feel for you big guys, but I’m personally happy

Dope. That's great news for me.

I'm getting the 191s.

I have 2 pair of 186s that'll be up in Gear Swap soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Bummed it's 400g lighter. The 191 length will make many people happy but sucks for you big guys.

Still made in the White Room?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Bummed it's 400g lighter. The 191 length will make many people happy but sucks for you big guys.

Dont think they have updated the text yet, so probably the same as last year at 2100g, still not as heavy as the OG whiteroom core though.

2019 4frnt Renegade Changes?

New MSP 107 ski

Renegade now offered in 184 and 191 lengths

Devs kept in same lengths - dang , a Dev size between 184 and 194 would be cool, the 184s feel like ski blades to me

Inthayne offered in 181 and 191 lengths and appears to still just be a Ren with a turned up tail in different lengths, which is awesome

Kye / uptrack series eliminated - makes sense, never heard they were bad skis but they did not garner the following that the Hoji line did and made their entire line overlap to the bejesus

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post

This is secondhand (so take it with a grain of salt) but was told that InThayne, Raven, and Renegade all now out of Utopie.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 08-03-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

196 Renegade is now 191.

R.I.P.

I have a pair of 196s I'd like to sell if you're interested. I have 4 pairs of the 186 and probably will buy a pair of 191s, byt glad I hoarded the 186. Pretty good shape, some top sheet chipping. 1 mount at 91.5 from tail 305 bsl owl version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Inthayne offered in 181 and 191 lengths and appears to still just be a Ren with a turned up tail in different lengths, which is awesome
    Shorter radius, too, according to the spec sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    This is secondhand (so take it with a grain of salt) but was told that InThayne, Raven, and Renegade all now out of Utopie.
    That's in line with rumblings I've been hearing, too. Too bad; the dampness of the OG Ren was awesome. Frankly, I loved the Ren but the BG edged it out and I just don't ski enough these days to hang on to that many pow skis.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

^missed that, thanks AG.

Does anyone know if the Ren core changed at all between the OG to the newer, 400g version?

^missed that, thanks AG.

Does anyone know if the Ren core changed at all between the OG to the newer, 400g version?
    If you listen to the blister podcast with Hoji, he talks about the design iterations of the Ren and Raven. I know they added semi-cap construction to the Ren and I think a few other tweaks along the way. I don't think anyone from 4FRNT monitors this board, but maybe one of the other mags has more detailed info.

photos

Cool. I’ll check it out, thanks. I don’t think anyone from 4frnt checks in here anymore.

^missed that, thanks AG.

If you drill down into the "Renegade Construction" and click on the core portion, it says:

Quote Originally Posted by 4FRNT

We started with clear Aspen and Maple stringers running the length of the ski at min/max tolerance of the binding screw hole pattern. To reduce weight, we eliminated the Maple stringers, making the core 100% clear Aspen and then milling a 4mm x 60cm pocket where the min/max of the binding mount will occur and use clear Maple inserts to support the binding retention without adding all the weight. We rely on carbon stringers to support the tip/tail end of the core where the Maple is no longer present.
    It's not as badass a design as in the past (30m radius now, no maple, no 196), but probably more versatile and will sell more. You can feel the J-Lev impact from here....
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    I have a pair of 196s I'd like to sell if you're interested. I have 4 pairs of the 186 and probably will buy a pair of 191s, byt glad I hoarded the 186. Pretty good shape, some top sheet chipping. 1 mount at 91.5 from tail 305 bsl owl version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    thanks. I have a pair but maybe I should start hoarding them. hit me up in a few months when I'm not paying for a home reno.

I've an unhealthy habit of checking social media while taking a dump within the first few mins of waking up. Today at 0500 I nearly flushed myself down the loo to spare the misery that would shadow me the rest of the day. I decided I could be strong and put the phone away without taking to the boards to vent my frustration. Anyways I'm in the pm now and here on the boards comforted by other renegade fans shared emotions.
    Do we know if hoji signed off on the shortening, tightening and lightening?
    Nocta it is then I guess

It's still got a 30m radius, so still in the upper level of skis available. I'd be interested to know the weight.

I feel like the renegade just turned into a fat hoji. I would have preferred the opposite to happen.

I don't really ski on my OG rens (raven graphics) too much, those first one were a dream in good snow and then would rattle your filling out in the bad. I would have like to try last years model with a lighter/softer construction with the og shape. The kusala pows skied better so they became my pow skis.

But for the type of snow I'm skiing (euro) the hoji is just a better waste width. Fat enough to surf and stay on top of crusts, but skinny enough to be reasonable in bad conditions. Their main problem is too much reverse camber. The same shape with less reverse would be such a money ski. More like the camber profile of the renegade or raven, just in that goldilocks width.

You can't really trust their reflect tech bs, because you could tell the raven had much less reverse than the hoji, even though they were both at 30m, supposedly.

Final Thoughts: I'm sure hoji likes this ski, they've been working on it for a while. I think the changes even pre-date jlev. I bet he also likes the idea of a ski that sells well. I think this will be a great pow touring weapon, but it's no longer the King of all Skis. It lost that title when it dropped weight anyway.

I don't really find my self needed the king of all skis though, but something that's pretty burly, with a straight radius, rc and fat will always be attractive to me. I won't buy any though, I've got enought skis.

Honestly, I'm going to mount up an old pair of EHPs, those were my favorite.

Wait.

I thought Ren was still 35m radius.

If 191 Ren is 30m I'm not biting.

Also, maple pockets for mounting zones only? Fuck that.

I'll continue to ski my 186 Ren's and my 193 EHPs, and tour my 186 EHPs.

Cold.Dead.Hands.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 08-04-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

They've updated the website from this morning... actual information about the new shape now not just copy and pasted the wrong stuff from the old ski.
    Still no advertised weights

Both the Raven and Renegade were fantastic and unique skis. The Hoji always felt like it was a non engineered bastardized ‘all mountain’ renegade. Now they have made both the raven and renegade more like the hoji and less what made them both unique and highly capable skis.