Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BskiP View Post

even hoji himself wont ride the new ones lol.
    Hahahaha.

There has got to be a few more reviews by now. Is the base less durable because it is thinner? And same thing for the edges? These things are light enough to tour on. Considering them for that

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Easy to core shot because they are thin. Can't speak for rails because I'm not in the usual rocky spots is normally ski right now. They can tour really well. Definently soft but am yet to find a hinge point unless you count back slapping wheelie bangers where you're right off the back of the skis
    Last edited by phallic-menace; 01-21-2019 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

2019 4frnt Renegade Changes?

Skied 191 in mostly pow with some wind blown icy sections. Overall it was good and will require more testing. But I had a few of those smooth renegade turns. It was mostly soft so it worked well and the light weight was nice.

There was the find balance point issue. Mine are on line and as long as I stayed slightly forward it was fine. Low vis made for some backseat skiing and they don’t like that. But neither do I so it forced me to pick lines

Not totally sold since I have OG renegade and want to compare to see if changes are really that beneficial. No real speed limit and once they plane up they want to run. Decent enough on groomers and great in trees and glades.
    Last edited by whyturn; 01-22-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Anybody with more time on the new Rens? Should be a good season for testing!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Still skiing them everyday. No support in the tail and I'm wondering if it's not just because they're super soft but because I went minus 6 on 4frnt recommendation instead of minus 5 like my others as well. Definitely think there's been a profile change because minus 6 seems like the center of the rocker profile whereas it used to seem like it was minus 5. Really keen to see what they do next year as I can't ski these ones as a daily again, just keep getting caught out when they fold over in chunk or landings. Be keen to pay up for a re run 196

curious to see what they do next season. I guess they won't announce that for a while though eh?

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Still skiing them everyday. No support in the tail and I'm wondering if it's not just because they're super soft but because I went minus 6 on 4frnt recommendation instead of minus 5 like my others as well. Definitely think there's been a profile change because minus 6 seems like the center of the rocker profile whereas it used to seem like it was minus 5. Really keen to see what they do next year as I can't ski these ones as a daily again, just keep getting caught out when they fold over in chunk or landings. Be keen to pay up for a re run 196
    -6 from recommended line? That’s seems quite a bit. I’ve never skied renegades yet. Returned mine for a pair of hojis. Is the recommended line true center?

Found this.

https://www.newschoolers.com/ski-gea...s/575/Renegade

Looks like same ski but I’m sure they will just stiffen it up.

Quote Originally Posted by powderslave View Post
    -6 from recommended line? That’s seems quite a bit. I’ve never skied renegades yet. Returned mine for a pair of hojis. Is the recommended line true center?
    Nah right on recommended. I don't really know what im talking about but I think it's minus 6 from center of sidecut.

Quote Originally Posted by powderslave View Post
    Found this.

https://www.newschoolers.com/ski-gea...s/575/Renegade

Looks like same ski but I’m sure they will just stiffen it up.
    Still got the same right up that suggests a 5 8 tall 150 heavy guy is using the 191. They got to offer longer lengths again

So....anyone have a longer term review on em?

Sterbenz's Stash appears to have a pair of 184s for $400. https://4frnt.com/products/sterbenzs...18260338311233
    sproing!

Super soft (like banana bending when skied hard - and this was in the bc not the resort). I wouldn't get the bastard ones, just wait until the new one comes out unless you want a soft buttery jib ski. I went back to my older ones.
    "Oh this isn't Russia Danny, is this Russia"

That sux, thanks for the info

Thanks Meathead. bummer...
    sproing!

Mine are going in the bin. Not durable enough to survive a season is probably their second most notable trait

Well, ^^^ that's fucking brutal.

Really makes me question-- Where the fuck has Hoji been this season? I mean Instagram kinda killed the ski movie. But my Hoji feed has been slim. Is he just hiding? Does he not play the insta game? Is he building something?

2018-2019 went from-- JLev is ruining 4FRNT-- to -- Give Him a Chance-- to-- What Happened?

No product announcements. No rumors. Athletes not instagramming. 4FRNT instagramming spring sales and old product like mad...

bummer...

anyone selling any 186 Rens pre-2019?

If you have 186 Owls unmounted I will buy right now. Mounts negotiable.

Referencing myself above-- anyone have any beta on what Hoji has been up to this last season?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Referencing myself above-- anyone have any beta on what Hoji has been up to this last season?
    Skiing pow and gearing up for the release of the new boot is my guess.

Hoji is a busy man as always! Filming, skiing, prototyping, experimenting, tinkering, building, etc. the list goes on forever. He doesn't log much screen time and often is in places without service, but don't think that he's not up to anything. Have no fear both Hoji and 4FRNT are up to some cool stuff. As for us, we will be releasing all new product in August. Stay tuned and keep the stoked alive. Feel free to take a look at athletes pages, there is definitely some leaks here and there....

hm - so that is a bit strange.

4 posts up somebody says they are throwing away their 2019 skis due to them falling apart, and 4FRNT chimes in to build hype wrt 2020 products?

All I can say is that I hope you guys PMed the guy directly.

For reference - I am happy as can be with my old blue and white Ravens, so I am not trying to be overly negative here or anything.

No direct pm. The athletes pages show hoji is posing for photos with this years top sheet which is a step in the right direction though

So did they fix the 2020 rens? Are they the burly beasts we love, or are they acting like they made them noodles on purpose and following through?
    focus.

Well this is what they claim in a recent e-mail:-

"The beloved Renegade has returned with a vengeance! Eric Hjorleifson's signature hard charging pow weapon is back for the 2019/20 season more dialed than ever before. The innovative shape, paired with the hard charging flex you have all grown to love, and a new and improved rocker profile will have you shredding lines just like Hoji intended!"

2019 4frnt Renegade Changes?

Moment just released the Chipotle Banana, comes in a 186 and 193, 33m sidecut matching full rocker.