Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 245
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    20
    Ordered a pair beginning of October. Kept pushing the shipping date from what was oct 29, nov 12, now nov 26. Iím guessing no one received a pair yet?!
    I ordered a pair of 184cm, for touring. Stoked to get a few laps on them.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    4,844
    My order said December 10. maybe they are waiting for 100 pairs or some sufficiently good size order to make a run. Either way I think it will great to be back on rens and slashing around.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (2/4)

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    My order said December 10. maybe they are waiting for 100 pairs or some sufficiently good size order to make a run. Either way I think it will great to be back on rens and slashing around.
    What other pow skis are you using these days? Anything that you prefer? All the Ren talk has quited around here and Iím curious what folks are using instead.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Your couch?
    Posts
    162
    Bmt 122Ņ

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    4,844

    2019 4frnt Renegade Changes?

    Weird email on my order form 4frnt

    Thank you for supporting 4FRNT and picking up a fresh pair of the redesigned Renegades for this season and for your patience.

    Before we ship the skis, we want to make you aware of a construction change we didnít previously note on our website at the time you ordered. We used a thinner base and edge (1.3mm Base and 2mm edge) to lighten the ski by approximately 100gr, which also resulted the ski being approximately 15% softer than previous years.

    We apologize for not giving you a heads up earlier. Due to these changes, weíre giving you 3 options:

    1) Please ship me the Renegade skis as is
    2) Ship me a different pair of my choice and receive $100 refund
    3) Cancel and refund my order

    Remember all of our skis come with a money back guarantee so if at any point after riding them, theyíre not right for you, hit us back and weíll take care of you!

    Please let us know how to proceed?

    All the best.

    I went ahead due to warranty and I figure Hoji would not design a bad ski
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (2/4)

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Your couch?
    Posts
    162
    I wonder what has happened. I got a similar email however mine only said they'd been shipped and if i didnt liken it when I got them I could send them back. If these weren't going to be a touring dedicated rig for me is be absolutely furious. I'd have much preferred last years 196 and now I'm been told that ive even more reason to regret my purchase.

    Anyone know if the ski is similar enough to the old one that if I liked 88 from the tail on the 186 I can just go another 2.5 forward on the 191?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,750
    Maybe the stone grinder operator was high AF and ground off an extra 100g, lol.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,663
    Or someone checked off the wrong boxes for base and edge selection on the order form at the new factory and 4frnt is making lemons out of lemonade.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Your couch?
    Posts
    162
    I hope it's not some ski geek got theirs early and has already trashed them because of the thinning. 15% softer is also a scary big number.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    461
    In Friflyts 2018/19 reviews they claimed that the new Renegade was too soft in the tip, and as a result would catch and pull you across the fall line

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    4,844

    2019 4frnt Renegade Changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    In Friflyts 2018/19 reviews they claimed that the new Renegade was too soft in the tip, and as a result would catch and pull you across the fall line
    That is not good and sounds like squad and soul 7. Could not find review on inter web searches. Any links?

    The website shows sold out so it implies for this run itís a fail. Iíll call today and get some details

    Well the warranty is three days use and I will know if they work. Of course I had to snag a pair of OG 186 Renegades today to be sure Iím covered
    Last edited by whyturn; 12-05-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (2/4)

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,083
    Softening the ski much would not jive with the reasons for the orig design... I would not be able to get into the details like others would here, but I remember Hoji and Matt S stated the ski was designed to be stiff due to the Reflectech and zero camber... I could see a slight give in flex, but 15% seems like quite a bit...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,990
    Shit. An identical 191 Ren would have been so sweet.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    629
    Anyone know how to start a petition to bring back the 196 as it was? I'm serious. maybe we can get enough for a special run.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    In Friflyts 2018/19 reviews they claimed that the new Renegade was too soft in the tip, and as a result would catch and pull you across the fall line
    Prolly calls for a great deal of tip edge detuning to counter that effect.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spudlandia
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Softening the ski much would not jive with the reasons for the orig design... I would not be able to get into the details like others would here, but I remember Hoji and Matt S stated the ski was designed to be stiff due to the Reflectech and zero camber... I could see a slight give in flex, but 15% seems like quite a bit...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah, with the ski "pre-flexed" due to the RC, you can run a much stiffer ski and still have it perform as it should while turning it. You don't have to fight the camber as you edge it.

    That's the theory at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Anyone know how to start a petition to bring back the 196 as it was? I'm serious. maybe we can get enough for a special run.
    I've got a pair I rarely take out in my garage right now...

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Prolly calls for a great deal of tip edge detuning to counter that effect.
    Yeah. Overall I place a far bit of trust in their reviews, but I don't think they put a lot of focus on mount point, ramp or detuning.
    Last edited by sf; 12-05-2018 at 01:14 PM.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I've got a pair I rarely take out in my garage right now...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...T-Renegade-196

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Yeah. Overall I place a far bit of trust in their reviews, but I don't think they put a lot of focus on mount point, ramp or detuning.
    I agree.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah, with the ski "pre-flexed" due to the RC, you can run a much stiffer ski and still have it perform as it should while turning it. You don't have to fight the camber as you edge it.

    That's the theory at least.



    I've got a pair I rarely take out in my garage right now...
    Thank you Super - that is what I remember hearing and thanks for clarifying... I love my 196s, but def they were a but dialed back as you can def get a bit worked rocking them all day long in a resort...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,990

    2019 4frnt Renegade Changes?

    I donít grab my 196s for the first couplefew months of the season. Not sure i could tame them. They hit 40 mph while I blink. Iím also short.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spudlandia
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I donít grab my 196s for the first couplefew months of the season. Not sure i could tame them. They hit 40 mph while I blink. Iím also short.
    Thereís something to be said for getting slightly distracted, the skis taking you to Mach looney before you know whatís happening, then being able to charge through whatever is now in front of you and shutting them down on a dime when youíre done.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Your couch?
    Posts
    162
    Direct link to the friflyt review?

    Ive always found the old rengade to be the easiest ski in the world to ski. So intuitive, as long as you're skiing centred and dont get hung up with old school style.

    If the tip is soft when mine arrive in the post I think I'll send them straight back. I threw a pair of yellow and black kye 110 in the bin because they had a soft tip that folded and hooked

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Your couch?
    Posts
    162
    Direct link to the friflyt review?

    Ive always found the old rengade to be the easiest ski in the world to ski. So intuitive, as long as you're skiing centred and dont get hung up with old school style.

    If the tip is soft when mine arrive in the post I think I'll send them straight back. I threw a pair of yellow and black kye 110 in the bin because they had a soft tip that folded and hooked

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Thereís something to be said for getting slightly distracted, the skis taking you to Mach looney before you know whatís happening, then being able to charge through whatever is now in front of you and shutting them down on a dime when youíre done.
    Totally. They both accelerate, turn and and shut things down down quicker than my old Atomic Atlas 192s. I think Rens are overblown as a Ďgame oní ski, they are not hard to use in their intended environment.

    I also thought those Kyle 110s hand flexed soft. Never skied them tho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •