Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
    thanks Sam.

yeah, but is it blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    thanks Sam.

yeah, but is it blue?
    I can in fact promise there is blue and maybe a hint of black in there!

Hello 4frnt, please don't add any sidecut to any of your skis, don't make them softer, and don't add any positive camber. Long lengths rule on reverse camber skis. Rough top sheets suck, can't put offensive stickers on them. Pilsner graphic bring it back. Also, light skis don't ski as well as heavy skis! Build a mono ski. Mono skis are making a comeback.... my 2 cents.. Let the ikon pass holders buy Rossignol, Dynastar, etc. Don't sell out.

Just ordered the 2020-2021 ren 191. Really hoping the quality control is on point. Pretty sure my owls were duds (which I always wondered but have pretty much confirmed through reading this thread and, run on sentence, pisses me off) as they performed incredibly on very steep pow plus airs, but sucked elsewhere. The owls I demoed prior to ordering mine were amazing everywhere; hold my dick amazing everywhere except hardback of course. Should have bought the demos.

191 will likely be a nice length for me as I'm only 5'9" and would have welcomed them slightly shorter than 196. Slightly softer shovels might encourage earlier planning and less potential tip dive on lower angle necessary evils?

Here's hoping.

Note: 4frnt guarantee makes it a much easier decision.

Been skiing the kye 120s instead for the past years. Solid ski. I reviewed it elsewhere. Doesn't have the hold my dick no speed limit slash and burn of the old renegade. There is something really special feeling about a high speed renegade turn on a steep powder section.... fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Did you ever run your Owls through a base grind? If they only performed on steeps, maybe the tune sucked but the issues became less noticeable with speed.

My Rens begin to suck when the wax wears off. Very sensitive skis, imo.

But I’m also a tune snob.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Did you ever run your Owls through a base grind? If they only performed on steeps, maybe the tune sucked but the issues became less noticeable with speed.

My Rens begin to suck when the wax wears off. Very sensitive skis, imo.

But I’m also a tune snob.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yep base ground and tried different tunes. The I think the rocker was different on that pair. Say LA vie (spelling notably completely incorrect and to lazy to google.)

Looking forward to the new ones... and hopefully get to some snow to since living in a world of ice these days.

2021 renegades in hand see post in main thread.