Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    slightly upturned tail too on the Stormrider Dominique Perret, both were on their last leg a long time ago. I'll give away the pair I don't use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3252.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	366230

I disagree that the 201 DP pro is hard to ski. I’m neither overly heavy or skilled and they are a fun all mountain ski. Right bumps are a lot of work but otherwise....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I disagree that the 201 DP pro is hard to ski. I’m neither overly heavy or skilled and they are a fun all mountain ski. Right bumps are a lot of work but otherwise....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The 201 they are talking about is a recent “stormrider pro 106”model. Guessing this one:

https://www.skipass.com/guide-matos/...rider-pro.html

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Bump for help with detuning edges on Stormriders

I’m looking at a pair of 105s - demos from the 2019-20 season. Riding them tomorrow in 4” PNW chunder.

While fondling them tonight I find the edges are sharp to within ~2” from the tips and tails.
    Is that right? Should they be detuned further back than that?

TIA
    I would not detune them. Bring a gummy just in case but sharp is how I would ski them.

[QUOTE=Charlie Don't Surf;5858952]Anybody ski these sr-107s?

"Found a couple pairs for sale locally and wondering how they compare to the "pro" version with very similar top sheet"

I had a pair of 183's this year. NIce ski. Fun and smooth carver, charged hard in the crud, fun in the powder. Very well mannered skis that work all over the mountain, would make a great western OSQ for a fast, expert skier. Mine had attack demo bindings and the ski has 3 mount points about 3cm apart. I liked skiing them about 1cm behind the center mark. Some mag complained about the softish tips but they worked well behind the center line for me, they felt a little soft if I was forward.

I almost mounted them with Pivots at that mark (I prefer the lower height) but never could find the day were I wanted to grab them over MX98s. SR107 is were the superior powder ski and MX98s are better on groomers which is obvious if you look at the shapes. Passed them on to another mag, haven't heard how he got along with them.

I used to ski the 190 Pro 105 c. 2013 but have not tried the newer 115 which shape looks similar to the 107. The Pro 105 was like a fat super G ski (I think it was about 30m radius). I'm guessing a 195 Pro with a 28m radius would be more of a fall line seeking run-away train feel vs the 20 meter radius of the 107's. My old 105s had softish tips too and they really gobbled up terrain with them at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Utagonian View Post
    I almost mounted them with Pivots at that mark (I prefer the lower height) but never could find the day were I wanted to grab them over MX98s. SR107 is were the superior powder ski and MX98s are better on groomers which is obvious if you look at the shapes. Passed them on to another mag, haven't heard how he got along with them.
    Have you tried the SR95s? Curious about these vs. the MX98s.
    "Dude - I'd kick his ass. I can take my ski-off so fucking fast." - Jongsy

Quote Originally Posted by vinnay View Post
    Have you tried the SR95s? Curious about these vs. the MX98s.
    Nope, sorry.

184s. I had expectations but damn these are legit, clean smooth skis. Truly deserving nomination for best 90 waist class, resort ride. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7356.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	269.9 KB 
ID:	370943

Two separate passes with the file detuning tip and tails. Big sincere shout out to the aging Mammoth skier who was bested by theses puppies and hooked me up !

FX95HP

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    184s. I had expectations but damn these are legit, clean smooth skis. Truly deserving nomination for best 90 waist class, resort ride. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7356.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	269.9 KB 
ID:	370943

Two separate passes with the file detuning tip and tails. Big sincere shout out to the aging Mammoth skier who was bested by theses puppies and hooked me up !

FX95HP
    How much more do you like the sr95's compared to the fx95hp? Is there anything the sr95's don't do well? I'm considering both pairs of skis as my harder snow day ski. I would be replacing a pair of Kore 99's used as an all mtn ski (have not skied them since I got a pair of MF108's).

Why you should own a Stockli Stormrider

Quote Originally Posted by FreeskiTrenchCarver View Post
    How much more do you like the sr95's compared to the fx95hp? Is there anything the sr95's don't do well? I'm considering both pairs of skis as my harder snow day ski. I would be replacing a pair of Kore 99's used as an all mtn ski (have not skied them since I got a pair of MF108's).
    FX95HP is a great ski, one that I’ve kept around and owned multiple of. I would need more time on SR95 to offer a valid comparison. Sizing is a little off for me at 181 or 189 on Kastle. Mainly Stockli asks for you to be more attentive with a higher reward. The Kastle’s are so solid and comfortable I could ski them blind. The SR95s come lighter than desired at 1950gs per but perform heavier. Kastle’s are + 250gs. SR95 has a more traditional profile and lower tail while the Kastle has a deeper rocker, more tail, and less contact length. But still carries frontside ski dynamics.
    What I do know is that standing flat or on a huge arching edge - the Stockli shines like no other. Cosmetically these metal topsheets will show triple the wear of the Kastle’s that almost look new with 20 days on current pair.
    Additional factor for me, is having a BMX 105HP to fill any void and another 95 waist ski for looser off piste adventure. I mostly wanted the Stockli (Porsche) type ski for hard pack fun.

Started with the 2004 and 2006 SS pro's 186 and been riding the 17/18 105's (green plaid pattern) lately. I just got the 20/21's. The newer ones seems slightly less stiff and seem to only have 1 layer of titanal (top sheet) vs two layers.

Pics attached.

Name:	IMG_6463.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	861.9 KB 
ID:	371489

Name:	IMG_6461.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	1,013.2 KB 
ID:	371490
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6461.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	371488  

174 cm 110tt demos on powder7. Ripping skis for a more compact sized individual.

https://www.powder7.com/Stockli-Stor...-2013/for-sale

Quote Originally Posted by FreeskiTrenchCarver View Post
    Did you ever replace the K99s?

Im thinking this same way, trying to go with the new 102sr or 2021 105sr.

I have access to some 187cm experience 88ti for harder packed days.

I have a potential line on a cheap pair of 88s — anybody been on those? Seems like most of the chatter in here is about the wider versions. They're 175s, which is way shorter than I (6' / 165lb) normally ski for an all mountain ski, but I could see that being fun as a dedicated groomer zoomer. Thoughts?

I'm about your size and had a pair of 186s a couple years ago, they didn't ski short. They were smooth and quiet and carve reasonably well but not super exciting as groomer zoomers but YMMV. More off-piste oriented I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Utagonian View Post
    I'm about your size and had a pair of 186s a couple years ago, they didn't ski short. They were smooth and quiet and carve reasonably well but not super exciting as groomer zoomers but YMMV. More off-piste oriented I would say.
    Good info, thanks. Probably not what I want then.

So I got a quick hands on for this years storm riders and the Montero AX. If I’m not mistaken Laser is now Montero, I don’t know if they changed anything about the laser except colors. The storm rider models all hand flexed nice and consistently, none of those too soft tips from a couple years ago. I really like the look of the SR 102, but I’m still on my trusty 2014 SR 95s. I’m still convinced they’re the best ski for groomers and not powder snow you can get.

I’m planning on running a laser AX, SR95, and QST 106 as my main work quiver.

The next best thing for hard/shit snow in my personal opinion is the Blizzard Brahma/Bonafide.

Hard snow you say? You need a Stockli WRT/WRT Pro.
    And the Lasers are alive and well, just no longer include the AX and AR.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Hard snow you say? You need a Stockli WRT/WRT Pro.
    And the Lasers are alive and well, just no longer include the AX and AR.
    “Hard snow” for me is still Rocky Mountain snow. I need a little width for the unpredictable wind blown surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    So I got a quick hands on for this years storm riders and the Montero AX. If I’m not mistaken Laser is now Montero, I don’t know if they changed anything about the laser except colors. The storm rider models all hand flexed nice and consistently, none of those too soft tips from a couple years ago. I really like the look of the SR 102, but I’m still on my trusty 2014 SR 95s. I’m still convinced they’re the best ski for groomers and not powder snow you can get.

I’m planning on running a laser AX, SR95, and QST 106 as my main work quiver.

The next best thing for hard/shit snow in my personal opinion is the Blizzard Brahma/Bonafide.
    I rode the SR 102, 95 and 88 this past spring on a demo day and IMO the 95 was the best ski out of those three. The SR 102 was solid but the 95 was so good on the variable crap that I was skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I rode the SR 102, 95 and 88 this past spring on a demo day and IMO the 95 was the best ski out of those three. The SR 102 was solid but the 95 was so good on the variable crap that I was skiing.
    Yeah I’m happy the 2023 seems to be pretty similar in flex and build to my 2014s. Hopefully once my 2014s both die I’ll be able to find cheap 2023 pairs around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Agreed, and now I own one.

Someone school me on these, please.

Name:	6BBDE3E3-53B9-4C75-9EC7-8ADDA31AFCD7.jpeg 
Views:	184 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	428690

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Yeah I’m happy the 2023 seems to be pretty similar in flex and build to my 2014s. Hopefully once my 2014s both die I’ll be able to find cheap 2023 pairs around.
    Interesting. You think the 2023 is similar to the green ones I bought from you? I always get confused on what year they are, but before the topsheets went with the stainless look. Yours are my 2nd pair of the same ski. Great groomer / no new snow ski. Tips could be a bit softer if one skis a lotta bumps, but I don't ski bumps so no biggy for me
    He who has the most fun wins!

Why you should own a Stockli Stormrider

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Someone school me on these, please.

Name:	6BBDE3E3-53B9-4C75-9EC7-8ADDA31AFCD7.jpeg 
Views:	184 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	428690
    Ancient as fuck. Not worth $500 IMO, but I’ve never skied that model. They’re probably heavy as hell too. Their old skis were beef missiles.