Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
    I was hoping I’d someday snag my buddies OG Stormrider DPs but i think he’s gonna get buried w them at this point.

What ski is closest to the legendary Stormrider DP? To me they were far superior to the Schmidt model back then

Post pics. I'm interested in 186 SR88
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Stormrider owners: have you skied Dynastar Mpro or Mfree? How do those feel in comparison to?

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Well I couldnt resist the skiessentials deal and swooped some 188 2021 stormrider 105s with bindings for a screaming deal. Always wanted to try the stormrider so we will see how they do next year. Will potentially be replacing a 190 salomon stance. The more i ski different skis over the years the more I settle back on "traditional" skis for daily drivers. I end up missing having a damp trad tip of a ski to "feel" out the mush piles in variable snow or low viz before just slamming into them with a heavily rockered ski, also in very settled old pow I miss having a shorter tail to sink down into the snow. These seem to check all those boxes.
    Well my stormrider story never really got off the launchpad. I skied them a few days last spring at winter park and then barely skied them at all this season at telluride due to trying to baby them thru the low tide conditions and once it got semi decent I realized both skis had cracked sidewalls underfoot with no impact damage.

Stockli eventually warrantied them and in their place I got some montero ARs since the 105 stormrider no longer existed and I figured a replacement narrower stormrider would end up with the same fate.

The stormriders were fun but definitely felt like they had a speed limit and were at home making lots of precise turns. A skiers ski for sure and very responsive to skier input, but definitely not for wailing thru chop at mach looney.

The monteros are excellent on very firm snow but get a bit twitchy once things even think of getting soft. Very good for an out west 'worst day of the year' ski

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I was hoping I’d someday snag my buddies OG Stormrider DPs but i think he’s gonna get buried w them at this point.

What ski is closest to the legendary Stormrider DP? To me they were far superior to the Schmidt model back then
    Incoming PM, but also posting here in case there's other interest.

I have a pair of DP Pros (184? 186? Right around there...) with pivots mounted for ~315mm. I got them cheap a couple of seasons ago, and they're fun but realistically I don't use them more than a couple of times a season. Happy for them to go to someone who'll use them more. Excellent condition except for swiss cheese mount holes.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post

2015-2016 Kastle MX98s