Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    SR Pro 105 are great skis.

Yeah that’s one of their best iirc

Why you should own a Stockli Stormrider

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Those are 2016 195cm stormrider pro 115. They are bigly fun missles. This was I think the last production year before stockli fucked up with the carbon inserts. Im 99% sure these would be a dope ski if you like the shape and size.

Was this model any good?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...-tip-242746373

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Was this model any good?

They’re a super old school shape, they won’t have the familiar rocker/taper style, and they’ll be really heavy, but they’ll also be absolute tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Was this model any good?

A little sparse on info in that ad. If it's the 110tt, I'm pretty sure they came in 183 and 192 cms. I've got a pair of 192's and I'll never get rid of them. Real bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    A little sparse on info in that ad. If it's the 110tt, I'm pretty sure they came in 183 and 192 cms. I've got a pair of 192's and I'll never get rid of them. Real bombs.
    I don’t think that one is the 110tt. I think it’s a 188, 95mm ski. They’re on Marketplace locally, so I’m wondering if I should grab them.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

The Stocklis I bought off gear trade, Scot Schmidt Pros, are awesome. Incredibly quiet, they do want to run. Not overly demanding but you have to stay on top of them. I’m looking forward to having the whole mountain open so I can play a little more with these. I haven’t been on a newer ski that feels like these.

Those are great. The DPs were even better. They’re a unicorn though now

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Those are great. The DPs were even better. They’re a unicorn though now
    I bet, aside from the Heritage Comp race room skis, is there anything like this currently being made? I’m excited to try the R99 Comps

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I bet, aside from the Heritage Comp race room skis, is there anything like this currently being made? I’m excited to try the R99 Comps

That brand Bode helped design (Crosson) were really dope, but i think the company died via Covid, now the new brand Bode is involved in does race room free ride skis. (Peak skis?)

Edit: peak skis isn’t using full width/length rubber layers, but the keyhole thing is an interesting concept, I’d love to try them.
    Last edited by Climber Joe; 11-21-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Feeler: I have a second pair of 183cm 2014 Stockli Stormrider 95s I’ve been saving as a backup pair. They have one mount for demos. Fairly minty, but they have a tiny tiny start to a delam at one tip. I’m very confident it could be glued/clamped and would be just fine to ski.

I don’t think I’ll get enough days on my current set to need the backups anytime soon.

If anyone is interested, I’d sell them for like $150 shipped, or $100 local pickup in Bozeman. I’ll try to add a few pictures when I get a chance.

Pm sent

Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Feeler: I have a second pair of 183cm 2014 Stockli Stormrider 95s I’ve been saving as a backup pair. They have one mount for demos. Fairly minty, but they have a tiny tiny start to a delam at one tip. I’m very confident it could be glued/clamped and would be just fine to ski.

I don’t think I’ll get enough days on my current set to need the backups anytime soon.

If anyone is interested, I’d sell them for like $150 shipped, or $100 local pickup in Bozeman. I’ll try to add a few pictures when I get a chance.
    I'm in!
    He who has the most fun wins!

I had a delam on my 2014 SR95's and some Gflex fixed it right up. Easy to do and holding well. Wouldn't worry me a bit

Not my listing, but a really nice price on some Stormriders on KSL: https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/70303525

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Not my listing, but a really nice price on some Stormriders on KSL: https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/70303525
    Sweet skis... but Markers? Eww.

Those sticks beg for a set of Solly STH 16 metal clamps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1671498647.790139.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	439082

Picked up these sticks (179 cm) over the weekend, just in time for a trip to utah next week. There aren’t many reviews of these, so I’d love to hear from anyone who’s skied them. I’ve mostly been skiing first gen Rustler 10s in 180cm, so I’m expecting a lot more stability but hope that they are still maneuverable off piste (way more effective edge and flat tail).

Quote Originally Posted by skier2265 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1671498647.790139.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	439082

Picked up these sticks (179 cm) over the weekend, just in time for a trip to utah next week. There aren’t many reviews of these, so I’d love to hear from anyone who’s skied them. I’ve mostly been skiing first gen Rustler 10s in 180cm, so I’m expecting a lot more stability but hope that they are still maneuverable off piste (way more effective edge and flat tail).

These are the 2021 or maybe 2022? I skied the SR95 from this year and thought they were a little too soft up front, but still really sweet. I don’t know how the 105s are.
    Last edited by Climber Joe; 12-20-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Those are the 2021. I have a pair in 188 that I bought for this season. I've taken them to Solitude, Alta, and now Steamboat. Took them in some gnarly chutes and through ~10inches of champange powder. Thoughts are below-

Off piste- I've found them super manuverable. Low swing wieght in the tips makes them easy to flick around, but a strong midsection and especially a strong tail gives you a lot of stability in steep/technical terrain. The effective edge on these is pretty impressive as well. They are precise skis that offer a ton of control in tight spots. If the tips are soft, I don't notice it off piste. I've found them very confidence inspiring all around; light but strong.

On-piste- When you're ripping a groomer after a gnarly chute, you'll love these. They will care through anything and they have a ton of energy. Very damp while you carve through crud etc. Never been on a ski this wide that carved so well.

I will say, these are not a ski to straightline through things. Since they are light, you'll get bounced around. They are not planky or pingy though, they are damp and tip deflection is only noticeable if you are making no effort to carve - put it in a turn and it locks up - pretty sure the tips are specifically designed to make turn initiation smoother and easier. If you make up your mind to carve through everything in front of you these bad boys will really shine.

That’s great to hear!

They felt light in my hands, and I just looked them up— wow, 1860 grams at 179. A lot lighter than I thought and probably similar in weight to my Rustler 10, which were not very confidence inspiring at speed.

I’m no charger, so I think I’ll appreciate some more stability that’s still manageable and maneuverable. I won’t get a chance to ski them before the trip but I’m pretty confident I’ll enjoy these based on your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    That ski is an absolute unit if anyone’s curious

Yeah they are.