Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Still an issue?

Do the 2019 storm riders still have the issue of 2017/2018? I'm looking for a 1 ski quiver all-mtn. How would the storm rider compare to the enforcer for an advanced skier (6'4/200lb) that skills front-side and back-side mostly at Mammoth Mtn?

Quote Originally Posted by visdan View Post
    Do the 2019 storm riders still have the issue of 2017/2018? I'm looking for a 1 ski quiver all-mtn. How would the storm rider compare to the enforcer for an advanced skier (6'4/200lb) that skills front-side and back-side mostly at Mammoth Mtn?
    i was curious about this too, so i went into the shop and hand flexed the 105. I would call it "much stiffer" if i am remembering how soft the old ones were correctly. I will try and go have another look and give you a better comparison to other skis.

I’d take some 105 or 95 in earlier (pre 16/17 vintage) if someone has a nice pair.

Follow-up

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I’d take some 105 or 95 in earlier (pre 16/17 vintage) if someone has a nice pair.
    I've been using my brother's 2010 Mantra's for a long time.. finally looking to buy a new pair of my own to ski for several years to come.

Thanks for following up ClimberJoe ! Could you also give your opinion in how you'd compare it to the Enforcer ?

Quote Originally Posted by visdan View Post
    I've been using my brother's 2010 Mantra's for a long time.. finally looking to buy a new pair of my own to ski for several years to come.

Thanks for following up ClimberJoe ! Could you also give your opinion in how you'd compare it to the Enforcer ?
    Well like I said before, the stockli stands alone when it comes to snow feel and dampness. It has nothing to do with flex, and there isn't a useful comparison between the stockli and most skis. The enforcer is great, I personally like them better than the Mantra, especially the full rocker mantras. But the Stockli is pretty unique when it comes to how they feel.

I had 201 Stormiders for up in AK earlier in my life. I was a man when I got them and they confirmed it

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Well like I said before, the stockli stands alone when it comes to snow feel and dampness. It has nothing to do with flex, and there isn't a useful comparison between the stockli and most skis. The enforcer is great, I personally like them better than the Mantra, especially the full rocker mantras. But the Stockli is pretty unique when it comes to how they feel.
    This is so true. Only skis I've ever skied that were even close in snow feel are head monster 103s. Have the new monsters, and while they're good they're not at the same level. Has stockli fixed their side walls? They used to be very fragile. Broke a few stockli side walls that had almost no base damage. Because of this, high cost and lack of modern designs, it's been a while since I bought a pair. Still have some metal top sheet dp pros that I love, but reserve for a fat base so as to keep them alive.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

SR95's

I used to ski the 2012 SR95's in 192cm. One of the best all-around skis I've ever been on. You can still find them floating around eBay from time to time.

Other favorites have been the 2017 Blizzard Bonafides and 2014 Katanas

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post

Why you should own a Stockli Stormrider

This is the one I want. Circa ‘14, came in 191 and 201 lengths only.

I updated the first post to reflect more accurate info.

I have some 05 or so stormriders schmidts that have 100s of days on them in a 186 that are still bomber.

Really is an amazing ski

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    This is the one I want. Circa ‘14, came in 191 and 201 lengths only.
    Want also. In 201 length.

https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/stoeckli...cm-1018493934/

190cm? Might be the one you are looking for -> check ricardo.ch from time to time. I am not sure if the stormrider is so much of a big deal here and as they are Swiss maybe you find some good price from somebody not aware that people consider those skis a treasure.

That’s it. It is impossible to source in the states

One more reason to plan a euro ski mission then

Still a lot of those 192 110 TTs on EBay. Is this a OG 193 Cochise replacement?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    Want also. In 201 length.
    I’d be in for a pair.

Sold my 201 DP pros. Huge mistake. Crud missiles. And ripped ice.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    One more reason to plan a euro ski mission then
    Jah feel

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Still a lot of those 192 110 TTs on EBay. Is this a OG 193 Cochise replacement?

I’d say so. Here’s the rocker profile:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9769FA37-6B7F-4D3E-A3A1-EA7B966DA7BA.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	473.6 KB 
ID:	264183

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E8BCF40-FBC4-48EF-B89F-119DF3F0065D.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	432.5 KB 
ID:	264184

Flex is softer in the tip, but still plenty stiff underfoot.

I have a pair of those 192 110tt’s one mount for a pivot at +1cm, only skied a few days, just too big for me I need like a 185 version. If anyone’s interested message me an offer.

Pm sent
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Pm recieved

I suppose I should write a mini review of the 110tt 192 since there’s almost no information about it online.

189 straight tape pull
    Two sheets of pretty thick metal, not much else in the ski. Stout underfoot, softer tip and tail. Very lightly cambered underfoot, almost goes away just from the weight of the ski when laid flat, I’d call it 1-2mm, not agressive rocker, pretty shallow lines and not a ton of splay.

Ride impressions: Extremely stable, surprisingly easy to ski. Sort of forgiving, a lot less burly than say a legend xxl or any of the old dynastars. Great choppy snow ski, planes well in pow at speed, kinda cumbersome at slow speeds in tight stuff, but at this weight that isn’t surprising.

I would consider it a good comparison to the original generation of the cochise, in fact I’m replacing these 192s with the 185 og cochise. If they made a 185 to 187 version of this ski I would Prefer that probably. The cochise I have to compare to is pretty used but it has a bit more tip splay similar tail rocker if you ignore the twin tipped part of the stockli. Maybe when the stockli gets used significantly it develops a similar rocker profile.

I can help to send them over - I have not experience with international ski-mailings but maybe we could also arrange something around euroBBI. PM me if you have a plan and want my local help.

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    Pm recieved

I suppose I should write a mini review of the 110tt 192 since there’s almost no information about it online.

189 straight tape pull
    Two sheets of pretty thick metal, not much else in the ski. Stout underfoot, softer tip and tail. Very lightly cambered underfoot, almost goes away just from the weight of the ski when laid flat, I’d call it 1-2mm, not agressive rocker, pretty shallow lines and not a ton of splay.

Ride impressions: Extremely stable, surprisingly easy to ski. Sort of forgiving, a lot less burly than say a legend xxl or any of the old dynastars. Great choppy snow ski, planes well in pow at speed, kinda cumbersome at slow speeds in tight stuff, but at this weight that isn’t surprising.

I would consider it a good comparison to the original generation of the cochise, in fact I’m replacing these 192s with the 185 og cochise. If they made a 185 to 187 version of this ski I would Prefer that probably. The cochise I have to compare to is pretty used but it has a bit more tip splay similar tail rocker if you ignore the twin tipped part of the stockli. Maybe when the stockli gets used significantly it develops a similar rocker profile.
    Like how much less burly than a dynastar? Still able to blast through chop?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    I can help to send them over - I have not experience with international ski-mailings but maybe we could also arrange something around euroBBI. PM me if you have a plan and want my local help.
    Super generous of you, thank you. I should, but I shouldn’t. Anyone here of stronger convictions?