Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Back in the day I had a pair of 194 XLs.
    Waaaaay too much ski for me @ 150#.
    75mm, 2.5 layers of titanal and stiff as fuck.
    I borrowed a friend's 18? XLs for a few months this winter while my foot/toe healed. After getting past the frustration of not being able to drop a knee, they were super fun, even in old rear entry boots. Skied knee/thigh deep pow, deep chop, crud, bumps (my back!), groomers, and refrozen, all was super fun. Those skis love speed!

Great info OP. Easily more info than you’d get in an average ski mag article.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Why you should own a Stockli Stormrider

I snagged these on Ebay last week to pass along, don't really plan on skiing them, I'm only 175# so the 192 is a little big.

FS: 192 Stockli Stormrider TT110 - in the plastic

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=319493

Why you should own a Stockli Stormrider

I had the Stormrider DP Pro + with the bullets on the tails and skulls on the bottom. That ski made me a man.

Quote Originally Posted by calbearski View Post
    Climber is absolutely right about Stockli’s. I bought a pair of Stormrider 88’s and to test their “smoothness” I skied through the frozen ridge between groomer runs and with a little pressure on the shin, the skis cut right through the crap and never lost edgehold. At first I didn’t believe the hype, but came to be a believer. Epoxy or not, they are smooooth.
    I what length? And what size are you?

Anybody else ski one of the Stockli Lasers? AX or GS?

I ride the AXs as one of my geezer groomer skis - they're one of two sets I use as a gold standard for evaluating other skis.
    175 cm; I'm ~ 155 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    I what length? And what size are you?

Anybody else ski one of the Stockli Lasers? AX or GS?
    The laser is fantastic glued to the snow

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I ride the AXs as one of my geezer groomer skis - they're one of two sets I use as a gold standard for evaluating other skis.
    175 cm; I'm ~ 155 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    The laser is fantastic glued to the snow
    Hmmmm, I'll look into them. But I think I'd like the radius of the GS better.

But for the price of these a used race-ski might be better

Can anyone here comment on the 115's? They don't seem to have any carbon in the tips or tails. A little wider than I would like for an everyday ski but they tick a lot of other boxes.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spin2win View Post
    Can anyone here comment on the 115's? They don't seem to have any carbon in the tips or tails. A little wider than I would like for an everyday ski but they tick a lot of other boxes.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I don't think the stockli layup is necessary at that width. I assume you are skiing a 115 on soft stuff?

Here's a screaming deal on some 192 cm Stormriders with a 110 waist and rocker. 2012 model, but new. It's like 75% off the original retail.

https://www.ebay.com/i/322828414249?chn=ps&dispItem=1
    Gravity Junkie

Or you can snag the very same skis brand new from the OP for about $90 less.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    Or you can snag the very same skis brand new from the OP for about $90 less.
    Lol, you beat me to it.

Anybody familiar with the older Stockli Laser’s. I found a pair locally for cheap. I think they are from 2003.

This is what they look like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1522773411.607140.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	231008

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have a pair of those. Pulled them out of a dumpster. Super fun on some high speed groomers.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I skied a stormrider 105 in the 186 length (no carbon inserts) the other day. It was a nice, damp stable ski and it wasn't bad in the fresh/cut-up snow I was skiing. The tips planed nicely to the surface of the heavy maritime snow.

My main issue with the ski was that it kept wanting to hook up really hard whenever I hit the rain crust that was lurking under the new snow. I think some edge work with a gummy stone could have somewhat alleviated that problem. However, I do have a sneaking suspicion that the base bevel on the stormriders I was skiing was a little off. I barely had to tip the skis over to get them to hook up. If the tune on the skis had been better I'd have gladly skied them all day but I elected to hop back on my Goliath's. Once I was back on my skis the hooky rain crust wasn't much of a factor anymore.

If I could change one thing about the Stockli Stormrider 105 it'd be lengthening the turn radius from 21 to around 27. My favorite ski around that width is the Dynastar Pro Rider (which has a turn radius of 27). The Stockli also has a softer forebody than the Dynastar. I personally prefer the Dynastar to Stockli but that might just be my confirmation
    bias speaking since I already own the Pro Riders.
    I want to replace my LPR 105 183cm but I can’t find better ski in this category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any profile pics of any stormriders? Preferably the 95?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Any profile pics of any stormriders? Preferably the 95?
    2013 vintage like Fred Pabst posted. 183. Mooseknuckles acquired this pair from me, I am curious to hear his review when he gets them on snow.

Name:  IMG_0154.JPG
Views: 2685
Size:  297.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

^ I went over today to try and talk him out of those 183 95’s. After hand flexing I decided to not buy. Man are they soft. Way softer than I expected or wanted. Pretty disappointed. The quest continues.

I have heard rumor that Parlor may begin making skis with a metal layup option. Their cardinal 100 is an awesome ski IMO, and with metal I could see it as a modernized DP- a fat GS ski.

[QUOTE=ghosthop;5315867]2013 vintage like Fred Pabst posted. 183. Mooseknuckles acquired this pair from me, I am curious to hear his review when he gets them on snow.

Thanks, mate. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    2013 vintage like Fred Pabst posted. 183. Mooseknuckles acquired this pair from me, I am curious to hear his review when he gets them on snow?
    183’s are heading back to Bozo for a swap to 192’s. Look for them back in your neck of the woods soon.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Anybody familiar with the older Stockli Laser’s. I found a pair locally for cheap. I think they are from 2003.

This is what they look like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1522773411.607140.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	231008

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I had a pair, loved them. Enjoyed the shorter GS radius and indeflectable railing. Regretted deleting them, foolishly thinking they overlapped with Stormrider XL and I didn't need a GS ski (!). Let me know if they're not your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ^ I went over today to try and talk him out of those 183 95’s. After hand flexing I decided to not buy. Man are they soft. Way softer than I expected or wanted. Pretty disappointed. The quest continues.
    ^this.

Nice build, shape, tip rocker, but way too soft.

And they are really light. The '13, '14, '15 vintage 107's in 183 are just like today's boards: under 2000g per ski. With two layers of metal. Blasphemy. The carbon tipped ones are surely lighter still.

So soft, light and expensive...they really did nail it for their intended demographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    ^this.

Nice build, shape, tip rocker, but way too soft.

And they are really light. The '13, '14, '15 vintage 107's in 183 are just like today's boards: under 2000g per ski. With two layers of metal. Blasphemy. The carbon tipped ones are surely lighter still.

So soft, light and expensive...they really did nail it for their intended demographic.
    So buy my 2012s.