Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I don't even want to know.

Damn you people. First you try to ruin Bode for me, now Julia fucking Mancuso.

LET ME HAVE MY HEROES!

god dammit

Who's next, Mikaela? I'll burn the place down if people start shitting on her.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    HAILSTONES OF JUSTICE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    *golf clap*
    Yeah, seconded.

I don't think Powder magazine is much different than it was 20 years ago.

The photogs are often just as good or almost as good at skiing as the athletes. The writers too I'm guessing. It's not a requirement to be the raddest skier to write an article or take photos for any publication, professionalism though is.

We all get older and a lot of things just aren't going to be the same as when we where young. That's called getting older and there ain't no way around that.

As far as the climate change type articles or industry based articles go, that's sort of a big deal imho right now and it's becoming more evident of a big deal as time moves forward. I'm not sure you could produce a good ski mag these days without at least acknowledging these issues. Just sayin.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I don't even want to know.

Damn you people. First you try to ruin Bode for me, now Julia fucking Mancuso.

LET ME HAVE MY HEROES!

god dammit
    Nah, it’s more like disappointed than angry for most. Her dad is likely to profit quite a bit if the Squaw village happens (from what I understand) so to be fair she’s in a tough spot.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Nah, it’s more like disappointed than angry for most. Her dad is likely to profit quite a bit if the Squaw village happens (from what I understand) so to be fair she’s in a tough spot.
    I know man, I'm just dicking around. ;-)

I haven't seen any signs preventing blacks, gays, rainbow haired freaks, asians, middle easterners, cock suckers, muff munchers, hispanics or anyone else from buying a lift ticket or season pass and heading out on skis or boards. Fewer of these demographics choose to do other things.

These SJW's simply want their 5 seconds of fame and hope to pick up some free cash for whining about things they think people want to hear. If they did something useful, got an education in a discipline that can be of value, a job and contributed to society in a meaningful manner they'd have a real life. Just ignore them. They'll evaporate into nothingness and fade away soon.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    I haven't seen any signs preventing blacks, gays, rainbow haired freaks, asians, middle easterners, cock suckers, muff munchers, hispanics or anyone else from buying a lift ticket or season pass and heading out on skis or boards. Fewer of these demographics choose to do other things.

These SJW's simply want their 5 seconds of fame and hope to pick up some free cash for whining about things they think people want to hear. If they did something useful, got an education in a discipline that can be of value, a job and contributed to society in a meaningful manner they'd have a real life. Just ignore them. They'll evaporate into nothingness and fade away soon.
    Yeah, man. I don't know where these nutjobs think those minorities are picking up on a hostile vibe at all. That's crazy talk. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Yeah, man. I don't know where these nutjobs think those minorities are picking up on a hostile vibe at all. That's crazy talk.
    Lol... nailed it.

SJW=someone who tells you you can't do whatever the fuck you want no matter how badly it affects other people or the world we share.
    Why don't we have a term for the assholes that think that freedom means being able to do whatever you want regardless of who or what you hurt? On second thought--we do have a term. Assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Why don't we have a term for the assholes that think that freedom means being able to do whatever you want regardless of who or what you hurt? On second thought--we do have a term. Assholes.
    I was thinking Trump myself.

the notion that people need to stick up from themselves is so off putting. how can people not understand that being put into a position of having to stick up for oneself is not fun and something you will avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Just ignore them. They'll evaporate into nothingness and fade away soon.
    This is our plan for you.

Quote Originally Posted by noper View Post
    the notion that people need to stick up from themselves is so off putting. how can people not understand that being put into a position of having to stick up for oneself is not fun and something you will avoid.
    You have touched upon the mystery of people embracing victimhood.

Now they're talking about T-shirts with the sleeves ripped off! Must be code for the SJWs with the rainbow flags....

not to mention something you shouldn't have to do in a civilized society if not for assholes!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    You have touched upon the mystery of people embracing victimhood.
    hilarious.

if you don't stick up for yourself you'll get walked on. do you like getting walked on, JONG?

Powder Mag has been unreadable for at least 5 years now. Who on earth advertises there?

cool bump my guy

I bet you read it like a 14 year old girl reading "TEEN" magazine. It used to be the ads were the best part of the magazine, but even that is worthless now.

I was set to recycle all my powder mags recently and was thumbing through the issue memorializing JP and Andreas...
    Back to the closet they went.

Doubt the avocado toast eating , Rosè brunch drinking staff editorial staff at powder even knows who JP is

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A timely, if somewhat painful-to-read thread...

As is the case with most emerging social issues, it can be easy to think that the plaintiff asking for inclusion/fairness/reparation is out of line or demanding too much or making noise where there isn’t a problem, especially when you’re an observer looking on from a place of privilege. And then you see the vitriolic responses come rolling in, virtual mathematical proofs of the very problem being pointed out.

Secondly, the “sure there are problems, but address them somewhere else not in my ski magazine” idea is another phenomenon you see mirrored in social movements at large. As in, when a protest blocks streets or commerce, the reaction is “feel free to protest, just don’t block business as usual.” A stunningly ignorant response, as the entire point of protest is to disrupt business as usual.

Am I saying I love the institution of Powder? Not at all. Their Gear Reviews are advertorial TP. The Powder Awards include new faces occasionally, but in general is a myopic display of incestual ass sniffing. But these are all just symptoms of an action sports rag to our privileged pursuit, combined with a likely terminal sentence of the simple fact of being print media. Behind these negatives however are the Powder Staff - a handful of bright-eyed, good hearted people trying their best to tell stories that actually do matter to the sport and the world at large, all the while surviving under the umbrella of Enthusiast or Ten or whatever the hell media group currently dictates their day-to-day survival.

For the tl;dr crowd - the industry structure and economic realities are to blame for any supposed decline in the quality/pertinence of Powder Magazine. If you think its the SJWs, its probably already too late for you.

^^ Good post. On another note, what’s up with Powder seemingly ignoring the FWT? Or is that a misperception on my part?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    How? Are they starting a pot farm too?