Re-molding an already molded Zipfit liner?

I've got a Zipfit liner with Atomic Magna Hawx boots. The boot fitter put my boots and liner into the convection oven when they fitted me initially, but after a couple weeks of skiing I'm having too much heel movement - both side-to-side and a bit of up-down. I definitely don't feel like my heel is cupped in a solid "pocket." Just a couple days ago I adjusted the forward lean of the Hawx to 17 degrees (from 15), so that might have something to do with it.

There are videos for molding ski boot shells and NEW Zipfit liners (ie. boil/steam the shells, then slide your feet inside the Zipfits and the shell and buckle up). I'm not sure if this would work for Zipfits that have already been molded?

Go back to your bootfitter

Zipfit liners can be remolded numerous times.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

No need to remold zipfits, the cork is fluid and will adjust to whatever boot you put them in. The "molding" process is just for new liners to help speed up the break in process.

^^^^^ What he said. Get a heated boot bag and they basically mold themselves every day. Or just throw your shells and liners by floorboard heater in car on the way to the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just ski them.

Zipfits can be molded basically infinitely, and more cork can be added, which is what it sounds like you need.

yeah. or do that.

assuming you already have custom footbeds.

Sounds like they need a bit more cork in them. I’ve had a pair for 8 years and added extra cork after skiing them 6 years. And it really helps the fit if you heat them and the boot shell as already mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I agree with more cork and skiing them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app