Page 269 of 428 FirstFirst ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 10691
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Also, knowing nothing about it, the Feadship Cetacea just sounds like something I couldn’t afford.

And found it here for $80k per week.
    Though maybe soon?
    Attachment 416137
    It sounds like the boat you use to feed poor people to your favorite whale.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It's a real yin to their yang, isn't it?

We had some Mag here and his model girlfriend ski that front lawn of the NYYC and post a TR about it. Wonder what happened to that guy.
    Oh Svetlana.

Also, knowing nothing about it, the Feadship Cetacea just sounds like something I couldn’t afford.

And found it here for $80k per week.
    Though maybe soon?
    Attachment 416137
    BWAH.

Have you posted that in the Crypto thread yet?

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't post this while we're on the topic of Rhode Island.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    It sounds like the boat you use to feed poor people to your favorite whale.
    LOL.

Oh Svetlana.
    That's her! Totally forgot her name.

But definitely plenty of opportunity for something Italian to happen to your car in RI.
    Jeezus.
    Why does this shit always happen to me? It shoulda been on the last boat which was direct to NJ. If it reeks of pussy and rosso vino there's gonna be words.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Jeezus.
    Why does this shit always happen to me? It shoulda been on the last boat which was direct to NJ. If it reeks of pussy and rosso vino there's gonna be words.
    Rossi? This sounds like a job for DrWhat?

Jeezus.
    Just hope your buddy doesn't send you a picture of a box with an Alfa logo taped on it haphazardly.

Jeezus.
    Jerry Tillinghast died, so hopefully they’re still in some disarray and the car will get through unnoticed.

I’ve spent some time at the Air Force base in Halifax across the road from that car port. It’s technically not in Halifax but in Dartmouth - which, while it is slowly gentrifying, is still the wrong side of the city for fancy rides like yours.

Is Dartmouth affordable? Thing#1'is probably going to relocate to NS.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I’ve spent some time at the Air Force base in Halifax across the road from that car port. It’s technically not in Halifax but in Dartmouth - which, while it is slowly gentrifying, is still the wrong side of the city for fancy rides like yours.
    It’s gonna be a miracle if it gets here in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Is Dartmouth affordable? Thing#1'is probably going to relocate to NS.
    Yeah relative to other North American cities I would guess so (but my time there was long ago). The Halifax side of the city is more fun/attractive than Dartmouth side - especially when young.

And Halifax (and area) is a lot better than Fredericton is as a city. A lot. I’ve spent lots of time at UNB so I’m familiar with both cities.

Is Dartmouth affordable?
    These guys seem to make it work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1652406365.319145.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	416179

I’m sure the car will be fine going through there.

Yeah relative to other North American cities I would guess so (but my time there was long ago). The Halifax side of the city is more fun/attractive than Dartmouth side - especially when young.

And Halifax (and area) is a lot better than Fredericton is as a city. A lot. I’ve spent lots of time at UNB so I’m familiar with both cities.
    Thing #1 is still at UNB. Has the undergrad t-shirt. Working on a BaEd (because that's how it works up there I guess). Wants to GTFO of NB. Friends are all moving on. The bestie is moving to Ottawa. It didn't help that COVID meant coming home to the US and doing the remainder of 3rd year and all of 4th year remote. Finding somewhere affordable to settle is a universal struggle.

My votes (for places somewhat near to you) would be look at Halifax or Kingston Ontario. Both great places to live with lots to do. Both are university cities. Kingston is a short trip away from Ottawa, Montreal, or Toronto (car, bus, train, plane). Renting should be “affordable” in both places. Buying in Canada is a gong show - you’d have to look at less desirable places (ie NB) to find something that could be described as affordable (when compared to cost of living and likely salaries of that area). PM me if you need advice on any of these places.

Also I just got a line on a brand new Italian SUV that I can sell your kid for cheap if she decides to live in Dartmouth. Cash only sale. Or Bitcoin.

My votes (for places somewhat near to you) would be look at Halifax or Kingston Ontario. Both great places to live with lots to do. Both are university cities. Kingston is a short trip away from Ottawa, Montreal, or Toronto (car, bus, train, plane). Renting should be “affordable” in both places. Buying in Canada is a gong show - you’d have to look at less desirable places (ie NB) to find something that could be described as affordable (when compared to cost of living and likely salaries of that area). PM me if you need advice on any of these places.

Also I just got a line on a brand new Italian SUV that I can sell your kid for cheap if she decides to live in Dartmouth. Cash only sale. Or Bitcoin.
    The kid isn't thrilled about Ontario. My wife and I would be happy with Ottawa or Kingston in terms of driving. Halifax is 12-13 hrs from here. Fredericton is bad enough. I don't drive no fancy Eye-talian SUV.
    The new border rules are welcome. We still had to have PCR results when we visited in March.

I thought Dartmouth was in NH?

This? It's just a tarted up Audi Q8.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old_Lamborghini_Urus_2022_SUV_609b7f5f23aae.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	416229

The kid isn't thrilled about Ontario. My wife and I would be happy with Ottawa or Kingston in terms of driving. Halifax is 12-13 hrs from here. Fredericton is bad enough. I don't drive no fancy Eye-talian SUV.
    The new border rules are welcome. We still had to have PCR results when we visited in March.
    Ontario is a massive place. Hard to write it all off point blank. A weekend in Kingston with her Ottawa friend might seal the deal.

But Halifax is great. Just a lot further. Consider getting one of the aforementioned fast and luxurious SUVs if you’re gonna be driving the “airline” regularly.

Gatineau has better rent and cell phone plans than Ottawa, if that’s a concern for the kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Selling my Tacoma. Time for someone else to enjoy all those 13 miles per galllon.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

OMG, I spent 4 years in Kingston at Queens. GREAT school, absolute shit location. If the predominance of penitentiaries, the RCMP school, dismal lake effect snow, cold, ice etc, and constant nasty winds (see how all the trees grow at a 45 angle), shockingly bad food (worst pizza in the known universe) and other wonderful attributes don't stop you, who knows what will. I would love to know what "lots to do is in Kingston". Really.

Don't do that to your kid - he will hate you forever. I told both my boys they'd never have to go to that shithole. And that's being as positive as I can. When there's Ottawa and Toronto so close, why on earth would anyone go to Kingston.

The best thing about Kingston is the same as I feel about Houston - LEAVING

Tell us how you really feel!

I love Kingston as a small city. Lots of people do (and it’s the military university there - the RCMP police school is in Saskatchewan - but I get what you mean). Lots and lots of Queens alumni encourage their kids to go there.

Not discounting your opinion though!

Halifax is similar in a lot of the ways you didn’t like Kingston.

Cha geill!

I toured Queens with thing#2 and hated it. I could just imagine engineering students doing swan dives in the middle of winter off that multistory balcony/atrium in the library or whatever that building was. The whole place looked cold dark and depressing. No way was I sending my kid there. Even if he wanted to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Selling my Tacoma. Time for someone else to enjoy all those 13 miles per galllon.

Didn't you buy this last month???

You must've missed the memo, used is worth more than new. Sir Bobby knows how to make a quick buck in the car biz