Page 343 of 428 FirstFirst ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 10679
    Here you go boys, flooded FL cars...

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

@schuss- AWD Hemi Chrysler 300 or Charger? Yeah I know, yuck.

Sorry @Touring sedan but the last 7 years haven't been kind to me in a bunch of ways. Things were great for a long time then as I was turning 50 the rug got pulled out from under me right as I was hitting that nearly unemployable point. Then I started my own biz (again) and as it started to pop I had a heart attack and got set back a year. Started to rebuild it again and, boom, COVID wrecked that. While that was going on one car succumbed to rust, then the SUV followed and rusted into sketchiness and then Subaru ruined the motor in the newest car and COVID pricing left us out in the cold with my income nearly non-existent and my father in-law in a $10k/mo memory care facility, that's up to $12k/mo now so there's no opportunity for a new car. This leaves us in the unfortunate position of dealing with the shit used market. You can give me all the shit you want but I've probably forgotten more about cars than you've known. I never said I was a good wrench, heck I can barely keep things running but I have to try because $180/hr for labor ain't happening. And then I got fucked selling that Rover when the fucker came to get his money back on a rig that was advertised as a project/parts car and entered our house armed and uninvited! Then a month later I got fucked on the minivan purchase that I stretched for because we have two kids in grad school. Go on, gimme shit but then halfway agree with me about what might have been the better direction to take.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 01-26-2023 at 08:07 AM. Reason: adding another point

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Here you go boys, flooded FL cars...

Coming to an eBay seller near you soon!
    I still call it The Jake.

Fun fact - the cars they blow up and shoot the shit out of in movies are flood titles so maybe look forward to more Michael Bay movies in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Sorry @Touring...
    Dude. No need to explain yourself to out of touch dentist trolls like him. You and I have both been kicked in the nuts by life over the past few years and have been fighting like hell to claw our ways back up. The whacko vehicle market sure hasn't helped anything out, that's for sure. Seems like you and I have at least both done well to not further bury ourselves with asinine 7+ year auto loans with payments the size of a mortgage in order to swing a new(er) car. I'll take a car that needs some work and can easily be sold any time over being enslaved to it for the next 10 years like so many are about to find out they are. When the car market goes downhill, there are going to be a LOT of people finding themselves deep underwater on their vehicles they foolishly paid way over MSRP for. Which will snowball as they have to roll over that upside down amount into the NEXT vehicle that they borrow for. This party's just getting started.

Speaking of cars that need work, my shop just called. The cylinder head for my S60 has all new valves and is ready to be picked up! Woohoo! Can't wait to get that bad boy back on the road. Stay tuned in the wrenching thread. Should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I can feel that Bentley altering the gravitational pull of the earth.
    They build them on the Panamera chassis now with a dual clutch transmission. They can really dance.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Thanks MF. It had to happen, he was just that proverbial last straw. Shit's been tough and I can't keep it inside anymore and the relative anonymity of this place was the right venue to let it go. Yup, from what I've been reading and hearing people talking about says to me that over the next year or so there will be a lot of nice vehicles showing up at fire sale prices as they desperately need to get out from under the last three years of that 7 year loan. I'm really hoping to be in a position to take advantage of that as I rebuild yet again in this fucked up post covid business world.

Sorry @Touring sedan but the last 7 years haven't been kind to me in a bunch of ways. Things were great for a long time then as I was turning 50 the rug got pulled out from under me right as I was hitting that nearly unemployable point. Then I started my own biz (again) and as it started to pop I had a heart attack and got set back a year. Started to rebuild it again and, boom, COVID wrecked that. While that was going on one car succumbed to rust, then the SUV followed and rusted into sketchiness and then Subaru ruined the motor in the newest car and COVID pricing left us out in the cold with my income nearly non-existent and my father in-law in a $10k/mo memory care facility, that's up to $12k/mo now so there's no opportunity for a new car. This leaves us in the unfortunate position of dealing with the shit used market. You can give me all the shit you want but I've probably forgotten more about cars than you've known. I never said I was a good wrench, heck I can barely keep things running but I have to try because $180/hr for labor ain't happening. And then I got fucked selling that Rover when the fucker came to get his money back on a rig that was advertised as a project/parts car and entered our house armed and uninvited! Then a month later I got fucked on the minivan purchase that I stretched for because we have two kids in grad school. Go on, gimme shit but then halfway agree with me about what might have been the better direction to take.
    Damn, GL. Consider me super impressed you keep your spirits as high as you do around here (which from my perspective is pretty damned high). Keep it up and I’m positive the grind will reward you. In the meantime thanks for always being a good sport in a thread about cars that we all love.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Dude. No need to explain yourself to out of touch dentist trolls like him. You and I have both been kicked in the nuts by life over the past few years and have been fighting like hell to claw our ways back up. The whacko vehicle market sure hasn't helped anything out, that's for sure. Seems like you and I have at least both done well to not further bury ourselves with asinine 7+ year auto loans with payments the size of a mortgage in order to swing a new(er) car. I'll take a car that needs some work and can easily be sold any time over being enslaved to it for the next 10 years like so many are about to find out they are. When the car market goes downhill, there are going to be a LOT of people finding themselves deep underwater on their vehicles they foolishly paid way over MSRP for. Which will snowball as they have to roll over that upside down amount into the NEXT vehicle that they borrow for. This party's just getting started.

Speaking of cars that need work, my shop just called. The cylinder head for my S60 has all new valves and is ready to be picked up! Woohoo! Can't wait to get that bad boy back on the road. Stay tuned in the wrenching thread. Should be fun!
    "Dentist" HA. If you only knew how little I make. I just don't make stupid decisions and then come here to self aggrandize and beg for pity. Is this what happens when y'all move away from the mountains, you just get old, dumb and bitter? If so, I'm never leaving. Keep on with your "I know everything about everything about cars" attitude. It seems to have served you well.

Hey Bobby, keeping on the subject of the "Porsh", reliability reviews of the Macan seem really good. True in real life? Difference in reliability between the 2.9l and 3.0l motors?

Damn, GL. Consider me super impressed you keep your spirits as high as you do around here (which from my perspective is pretty damned high). Keep it up and I’m positive the grind will reward you. In the meantime thanks for always being a good sport in a thread about cars that we all love.
    ^This.

I've learned a ton about how cars work by necessity. Being a poor college student with a car that needed fixing all the time was actually a long term positive. I wish we had more of the internet then, as it woulda saved me a ton of time looking things up. But like paper maps, the Haynes manuals were still around.

I don't miss those times - working on your call all night , finger fucking a greasy Chilton manual all in order to make it to work the next day.

I do have to say 24 hour Pep Boys were awesome places to connect with kindred souls.

I said "drives well". Charger is just an old merc e with shit stacked on top. Drive those back to back with a 2014 era 5 series and it's night and day. SUVs have made a lot of stuff soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    "Dentist" HA. If you only knew how little I make. I just don't make stupid decisions and then come here to self aggrandize and beg for pity. Is this what happens when y'all move away from the mountains, you just get old, dumb and bitter? If so, I'm never leaving. Keep on with your "I know everything about everything about cars" attitude. It seems to have served you well.
    How "little" you make. Maybe YOU'RE just a lifty or something, but you already said your woman makes more than you. That you have a Wrangler and a Rover as toys and shopping for a Euro 3-row SUV. You sound like many of the other Trustafarians and mountain husbands who married well I know, but then pretend like you're just another struggling blue collar working man. Good for you. But also don't get so high and mighty about how it's all about good vs bad decisions. Sometimes life has a way of humbling you, no matter WHAT decisions you make.

GL and I aren't begging for anybody's pity. Like he said, this place is sometimes just an anonymous outlet since people IRL don't want a Debby Downer. Gotta put on a happy face in the real world (ESPECIALLY toward the wife and kids) and fake it til we make it, even when we've lost our jobs, a business, maybe lose a house, etc.
    -Warm Regards

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    How "little" you make. Maybe YOU'RE just a lifty or something, but you already said your woman makes more than you. That you have a Wrangler and a Rover as toys and shopping for a Euro 3-row SUV. You sound like many of the other Trustafarians and mountain husbands who married well I know, but then pretend like you're just another struggling blue collar working man. Good for you. But also don't get so high and mighty about how it's all about good vs bad decisions. Sometimes life has a way of humbling you, no matter WHAT decisions you make.

GL and I aren't begging for anybody's pity. Like he said, this place is sometimes just an anonymous outlet since people IRL don't want a Debby Downer. Gotta put on a happy face in the real world (ESPECIALLY toward the wife and kids) and fake it til we make it, even when we've lost our jobs, a business, maybe lose a house, etc.
    -Warm Regards
    You know nothing about me, my wife, or my family but if it makes you feel better about yourself to disparage my life, go right ahead. I just think it's hilarious that a bunch of people told you not to buy the Volvo, yet you bought the Volvo and then acted surprised when it exploded immediately. It's kinda like when people tell you to stop throwing money at a Range Rover, yet you continue and act surprised when your upside down and it's still broken.

For the record, the Rover is 25 and the Wrangler is 18, but keep telling yourself I'm rich. It reminds me that maybe I actually did make some good life choices.

It's one thing to razz for fun but don't be an ass to be an ass. High school ended many decades a go for most people on here.
    Gravity, keep moving forward !

I don't read touring_sedan as being an asshole. The frustration over seeing a string of bad choices suggests the opposite.

Sometimes the bear eats you and sometimes you eat the bear.

Perhaps we can chill out on the personal attacks until dunfree shows up? This thread is where everyone coexists (Bobby Supercar to beat up minivan owner) and we mostly razz each other in a good natured way.

How 'bout we get back to making fun of K-cars?

Name:  7isleiqxpkn41.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  38.9 KB

Is that even allowed at this point? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...er-le-baron-7/

Im gonna keep laying into these Barret-Jackson bidders, there’s just no excuse for them or the steel they’re bidding on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Is that even allowed at this point? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...er-le-baron-7/
    Jeez, that thing is in fantastic shape.

Im gonna keep laying into these Barret-Jackson bidders, there’s just no excuse for them or the steel they’re bidding on.
    It's the gift that keeps giving. Live or replay.

BaT has jumped the shark.

Then again, if someone named Scottythrust owned that thing it may explain a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B6601E79-FC32-4D60-97F0-7FA737FF151E.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	813.5 KB 
ID:	444661

Wow. That car was fugly new. And someone paid more than the original list price.
    At least it’s got 85 HP to get somewhere. Slowly.