Page 305 of 428 FirstFirst ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 10679
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Nice. Sounds fair. Still crazy that dealers are selling out before the cars arrive.
    I know. Insane.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Does it come in kaki or olive drab?

Maybe some of that stealth fighter/bomber paint?
    Last edited by SB; 08-12-2022 at 08:33 AM.
    watch out for snakes

In for a new brake fluid reservoir cap?
    I still call it The Jake.

Is that cap an engine out procedure?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is that cap an engine out procedure?
    Of course. And it has to be redone every 10K miles or 2 years.

Fucking Ferrari.

As you may be aware, I now own an AR with what is supposedly 3/4 of a California T engine.

Before I buy a car I look at some of the common maintenence items, how hard they are to do, $, and other weird shit like does the dealer need to reset the computer every time the low washer fluid light is triggered?

Before I got the Alfa I went thru some of the items. Oil change--easy--plus its got a dipstick; pad changes/brake fluid-easy; sway bushings-easy...then

...change accessory belt--6 hrs of labor, wtf? Yeah, the whole front clip of the car needs to be removed every 40K to swap it out. I almost didn't buy it, but it was such a sweet little ride that I'll suck that up.

Fucking Ferrari.

But look at the bright side, it’s not an engine-out service!

Good point.

If the engine stays in place and the car is removed from around it, is it really an engine out?

Right. But can you get it with a manual transmission?

It's like the age old question, if you replace each part of a boat piece by piece, in the end, is it the same boat?

Fucking Ferrari.

As you may be aware, I now own an AR with what is supposedly 3/4 of a California T engine.

Before I buy a car I look at some of the common maintenence items, how hard they are to do, $, and other weird shit like does the dealer need to reset the computer every time the low washer fluid light is triggered?

Before I got the Alfa I went thru some of the items. Oil change--easy--plus its got a dipstick; pad changes/brake fluid-easy; sway bushings-easy...then

...change accessory belt--6 hrs of labor, wtf? Yeah, the whole front clip of the car needs to be removed every 40K to swap it out. I almost didn't buy it, but it was such a sweet little ride that I'll suck that up.

Fucking Ferrari.
    Remember, we're laughing at you, not with you.

Fucking Ferrari.

Fucking Ferrari.
    Sounds like an Audi! Gotta put it in "service position" to swap the belt. I got pretty good at taking off the bumper and unbolting everything. Haha.

On yours, if you wanna keep it post-warranty, might wanna get on the AR forums, get tooled up and prepare to DIY.

On the Volvo side of things, I invested in what is essentially a dealer computer setup. It is SO liberating to do all my own "dealer only" computer reset and diagnostic stuff at home. I'm sure the AR guys have something similar. I think it might be AlfaOBD or MultiECUScan. Anyhoo, there are apparently "ways" to give the AR dealers the finger for stupid crap like washer fluid "resets."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Remember, we're laughing at you, not with you.
    I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Sounds like an Audi! Gotta put it in "service position" to swap the belt. I got pretty good at taking off the bumper and unbolting everything. Haha.

On yours, if you wanna keep it post-warranty, might wanna get on the AR forums, get tooled up and prepare to DIY.

On the Volvo side of things, I invested in what is essentially a dealer computer setup. It is SO liberating to do all my own "dealer only" computer reset and diagnostic stuff at home. I'm sure the AR guys have something similar. I think it might be AlfaOBD or MultiECUScan. Anyhoo, there are apparently "ways" to give the AR dealers the finger for stupid crap like washer fluid "resets."

I was sorta joking about washer fluid light resets, but I'm sure that's coming for all of us someday. Maybe one day when I retire I'll get back into the car-fixing thing again out of sheer boredom, but for now I can't seem to bring myself to do anything that sucks up an entire weekend. If I can do it in an hr or two with the tools I have, ok.

In the meantime godspeed Austin, and I'll live vicariously thru the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Almost perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

You haven’t had to do that to an Audi since 2012 or so, at least since the B8 gen.

I'm cool with that.

I was sorta joking about washer fluid light resets, but I'm sure that's coming for all of us someday. Maybe one day when I retire I'll get back into the car-fixing thing again out of sheer boredom, but for now I can't seem to bring myself to do anything that sucks up an entire weekend. If I can do it in an hr or two with the tools I have, ok.

In the meantime godspeed Austin, and I'll live vicariously thru the rest of you.

I never thought we’d see subscriptions for features the car already comes with either, like a heated steering wheel, but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Almost perfection.
    To ge fair the calipers break up the sea of grey.

Needs some rocket launchers or at least a gun rack in the back.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I don't think my junk is small enough to ride around in that thing, but in this case I'd be willing to go under the knife. Sweet Jesus on a bicycle is that thing beautiful. After the surgery, does anyone have a spare million or so I could borrow?

Yo Bobby, any luck on staffing the bar with a new Ashlee?

Or just gettin' the Twin Peaks girls to swing by on a Fri eve?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Almost perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I think he's coming around.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You haven’t had to do that to an Audi since 2012 or so, at least since the B8 gen.

I never thought we’d see subscriptions for features the car already comes with either, like a heated steering wheel, but here we are.

Grey or black would have been a good choice. Or even charcoal grey. I'll take pics sometime when I remember. The calipers on my new whip are black and match the rims. Stealth.

Fucking Ferrari.

Fucking Ferrari.
    Sounds like the Audi service position

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledi...ervice_manual/
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.