Page 348 of 428 FirstFirst ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 10679
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    My previous E46 was owned by oldish people who couldn't turn down the low ball wad of cash, and asked me if I was a drug dealer. I like the way they drive.
    I was thinking a few days ago about my friend's kid getting dad's 740 stuck on a grass field at a park around 2:00 AM trying to do a lawn job on water logged grass. Good thing drug dealing Basin Beater vigilante wasn't around to catch him with a glock in the waste band of his sagging pants.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I was thinking a few days ago about my friend's kid getting dad's 740 stuck on a grass field at a park around 2:00 AM trying to do a lawn job on water logged grass. Good thing drug dealing Basin Beater vigilante wasn't around to catch him with a glock in the waste band of his sagging pants.
    Right? I get pissed at the lawn donuts!
    sigless.

The E46 is in a weird period of its lifecycle. E46 M3 in particular attracts the young wannabe baller pops and bangs crowd around here and they're usually tarted up with some bubbly 60% window tint and colored tow hooks.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yeah, i just want a clean sport package sedan with the 6 speed manual to commute to work and take the kids to hockey. Why is this so hard!
    sigless.

Bobby I have another VIN for ya. Already know something is fishy

JT3HK23M2T1063854

THANKS

Installing brake light kill switches and front yarding on a Saturday night. Oh to be young again.

Yeah, i just want a clean sport package sedan with the 6 speed manual to commute to work and take the kids to hockey. Why is this so hard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The E46 is in a weird period of its lifecycle. E46 M3 in particular attracts the young wannabe baller pops and bangs crowd around here and they're usually tarted up with some bubbly 60% window tint and colored tow hooks.
    Because of the kids, duh.

I saw an absolutely cherry and unmolested e46 M3 in that midnight blue in the Chick Fil A drive through last week, loaded to the gills with what could only be described as lax bros from the neighboring prep school. On one hand I shook my head as the driver likely is taking for granted what he has there, but then on the other I thought maybe his absentee father told him that if he slapped tow hooks, lowered suspension and cheap tint on it, he'd be shipped off to military school with that gotdamned Finklestein shit-kid.

Sunofabitch.
    I still call it The Jake.

I see hydraulic turtles.

E39 m5. Search and search. I picked mine up for $15k and it puts a smile on my face every time. Could make some money on BAT but I can’t let it go.

How'd you find that and tie it back to the vin?
    I just finished up a two year search for the wife's new whip, needless to say I'm an expert at figuring out why cars are listed suspiciously low. If you plug the VIN directly into a google image search, typically you'll find the previous salvage auctions. For some reason, even after the HTML pages fade away the images still hang around on some shitty Russian aggregators.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Installing brake light kill switches and front yarding on a Saturday night. Oh to be young again.
    Ha! I had full rear light cutoff and under bumper driving lights in front on my VT college car back in that other lifetime.

to be totally ninja you had to have all lights off which necessitated the brake light only kill switch. Since our shenanigans took place in the suburban wasteland of Orange County, there was always some level of ambient light to illuminate the path of delinquency.

Better than a RHD JDM. Someone talk me out of it.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...5636008253987/

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Better than a RHD JDM. Someone talk me out of it.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...5636008253987/
    "Ran great when parked."

"ran great when parked"

The ultimate qualifier.

Ha! Riser beat me to it.

I ain't scared.

Doesn't marketplace have a checkbox for "ran great when parked" when you're doing an ad?

So here's a story with plenty of frustration. Let's start with the good part. We finally sold the father in law's condo. Yay! That means his car needs to be changed to our address. No big deal, right? Wrong. We can't. Ten years ago when he got the title he put it away somewhere safe, unfortunately with severe dementia he can't tell us where that safe place was and we can't find it. Ok sure, just send him into DMV to get a new one... Can't do that either. Not only because he has no idea who he is but since he had his license taken away almost 7 years ago he hasn't had a current, valid ID and the State has decided that you have to have at least 3 current valid forms of ID to request a replacement title. We have until the end of business hours tomorrow to turn in the plates because the car is now registered to an address owned by someone else but insured to our address.

A perfectly good 70k mile Forester that now has to be stored until he passes away and the estate is finally probated so my wife can file for a lost title using her POA to sign for it. In case you were wondering, No the state specifically will not allow a POA holder to apply for a new title or change the address. The car can't be driven, can't be sold and can't even be scrapped so it must just sit and rot.

WTAF!

Now we have to buy another car ASAP so our daughter can go to school and work. I need to find her a car by the end of the day Sunday! Fuck. Back into the used car market disaster

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So here's a story with plenty of frustration. Let's start with the good part. We finally sold the father in law's condo. Yay! That means his car needs to be changed to our address. No big deal, right? Wrong. We can't. Ten years ago when he got the title he put it away somewhere safe, unfortunately with severe dementia he can't tell us where that safe place was and we can't find it. Ok sure, just send him into DMV to get a new one... Can't do that either. Not only because he has no idea who he is but since he had his license taken away almost 7 years ago he hasn't had a current, valid ID and the State has decided that you have to have at least 3 current valid forms of ID to request a replacement title. We have until the end of business hours tomorrow to turn in the plates because the car is now registered to an address owned by someone else but insured to our address.

A perfectly good 70k mile Forester that now has to be stored until he passes away and the estate is finally probated so my wife can file for a lost title using her POA to sign for it. In case you were wondering, No the state specifically will not allow a POA holder to apply for a new title or change the address. The car can't be driven, can't be sold and can't even be scrapped so it must just sit and rot.

WTAF!

Now we have to buy another car ASAP so our daughter can go to school and work. I need to find her a car by the end of the day Sunday! Fuck. Back into the used car market disaster
    Are the current plates valid ? If it is just drive it like you stole it, literally. Can you just keep getting it renewed just forward the mail to your place ?
    Idk shit about licensing a car in NY but in Oregon you can take anybody's car and run it through as long as you pay.
    Didn't you say your FIL is in memory care ? Maybe someone there has some direction for you to follow to deal with this type of situation.

Maybe one of our fine barristers can chime in when they sober up but that part about the POA doesn't sound right.

@bandini No it's actually in the rules part directly from DMV, POA can not be used... I guess too many people take available assets so the state can't use them to pay for the nursing home when it comes down to it. If we could just find that one piece of paper

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

WTAF!

You sir, can't seem to catch a break.

@fatnslow Sort of. We were playing the game and having shit sent to the old address but the PO stopped receiving mail for that address and forwarding it years ago so we don't have a valid window sticker and the temp one runs out in a few weeks. Just as important though is you can't have a car registered to a different address than it's insured at so even though it has plates on it and it's insured, it isn't really.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You sir, can't seem to catch a break.
    No shit

That sucks. Here you can get a duplicate title via internet.

Same with NY
    https://dmv.ny.gov/replace-title-certificate

If that’s where you are. Talk to the new homeowner and tell them to call you when they get it in the mail. Most new homeowners are actually nice about dealing with prior owners.

Yup, they ask for 6 points (3 forms) of valid, current ID. We can't provide that.