Page 299 of 428 FirstFirst ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 10691
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Town and country - that’s more your style if you like to fix stuff

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gimme a ride up to Syracuse on Tuesday to check out a nice looking AWD Sienna. They're tough to find around the metro area that haven't been cabs/livery/Uber and aren't beat to shit. You know anyone selling one (cheap)?

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Hey Bobby, mind running this? Been looking for a while to swap my LX for a GX. Think this is it.

JTJJM7FX0A5017016

Lexus owner site checks out.
    I don't think it gets much better than a GX460 for a daily SUV. The 2010-2013 or so have a better interior and don't have the spindle grill.

2010 LEXUS GX 460 PREMIUM
    VIN: JTJJM7FX0A5017016
    4 DOOR WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
    4.6L V8 F DOHC 32V
    GASOLINE
    ALL WHEEL DRIVE

This CARFAX Report Provided by:Silencer Motorcars Nashville

4.7 / 5.019 Verified Reviews

favorite 291

Customer Favorites

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

6 owners in 12 years. Ooof.

Nice suv for sure. Not sure about that one. Definitely needs an inspection.

A lot of different people have farted in those seats. But we don't judge here.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

This is getting depressing. It's starting to feel like I'm going to be carless for a while. There's really nothing but garbage out there. My wife has had it and won't go looking anymore so at this point if I can't walk or ride a bike to it I can't even look at it. We've spent at least 25 hours driving around seeing some of the shadiest shit ever, a bunch of stuff I wouldn't even stop the car and get out to look. I saw 3 vans with clean carfaxes and you pop the hood or tailgate and it's obviously been hit hard and repaired poorly. Twice I got to dealers and they had put the wrong vin in the ad or just plain lied (big surprise right) and private is almost never actually private because they're taking pics in their driveway but selling used fleet cars or some shit. What a fuckn mess.

It is impossible to find you some decent cars in the upstates. Either have to pay the premium for somebody else to import it for you or are you got to go do the legwork down in New Jersey or some other place like that.

what’s your budget? This guy does a regular turnover of southern car if this is a price range you’re looking in.

https://www.mapledalemotors.com/inventory

good luck

This should be interesting (or empty). For shits and giggles let's see what terrible things she's been through:
    JT3RN63W0J0211460

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^ There used to be a "Your speed is ..." sign just a little south of there on I-93. They took it down because idiots like me tried to get the 2-digit speed on the sign to freak out when you were doing more than 100mph. This was back when the speed limit was 55.

Bobby's used car lot and Free Carfax

My daughter had a nice little RAV4 that was my stepbrother’s, gifted to her by my dad. Had 140K on the clock but was serviceable. She was just driving around and some guy pulled out in front of her. She’s fine, the car got muffed up pretty good and the insurance guy is thinking totaled. Kinda nervously waiting to see what the estimate says, as I do NOT want to get involved in the cheap/reliable car buying shitshow. At least I won’t be competing directly with you yahoos buying range rovers.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^ There used to be a "Your speed is ..." sign just a little south of there on I-93. They took it down because idiots like me tried to get the 2-digit speed on the sign to freak out when you were doing more than 100mph. This was back when the speed limit was 55.
    Ya, I always complain that they never put the portable ones up on a nice straight road in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    My daughter had a nice little RAV4 that was my stepbrother’s, gifted to her by my dad. Had 140K on the clock but was serviceable. She was just driving around and some guy pulled out in front of her. She’s fine, the car got muffed up pretty good and the insurance guy is thinking totaled. Kinda nervously waiting to see what the estimate says, as I do NOT want to get involved in the cheap/reliable car buying shitshow. At least I won’t be competing directly with you yahoos buying range rovers.
    Good luck, Mustonen! It's pretty bad out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Can she get around on a bicycle for a while?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I always recommend CR-V's for daughter cars, but Mitsubishi Outlanders c. 2010 don't seem to have been impacted as much by the stupid recent used car price explosion. The V6's have real transmissions, not the CVT.

If my kids were of driving age today, I think Id get them an old Volvo 240. To me, that's the perfect car for a teenager. Super safe, built like a tank, AND can teach em how to wrench a bit. I have my little girl help me in the garage from time to time. She's only 5 and she already know more about how to change the oil than 99% of young drivers out there today, male or female. Oh, yeah. And both my little ones know what a manual transmission and a clutch pedal is. No lame slushbox CUVs for MY little girl if I can help it. I'm working on brainwashing ...err teaching in our TGR ways of longing for a 6MT AWD wagon with a stick. With a roofbox... Hope she doesn't rebel and get a Chevy Trax/Buick Encore. Then I will know I have failed as a father. I would cry.

Is montuckey actually giving advice on which car to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Is montuckey actually giving advice on which car to buy?
    Absolutely not! Just saying what I'm gonna do for MY kids. Haha. Most should probably stick with Honda/Toyota for their daughters who will likely drive for 100K and be like "I was supposed to get something called an ...oil ....change? WTF is that? Oh well. Here's the keys dad. I crashed this one. Buy me another." As the car's belching out smoke, all the rims are curbed, a flowery lei swinging from the rear view and rocking a bejewelled airbag cover (ie homemade claymore) and fuzzy steering wheel cover.

A Volvo 240? The last one was produced in 1993 right?!?

I personally am assuming my kids will probably not even be familiar with gasoline by the time they hit driving age.

Speaking of which, when is Montucky going to take on an electric battery rebuild project?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Speaking of which, when is Montucky going to take on an electric battery rebuild project?
    Oh, that's definitely one of my plans someday. After salvage prices come back down to earth. You USED to be able to buy a wrecked Model S for cheap. Use that one for parts on another with a non-wrecked chassis but maybe with bad batteries, drive motors, etc.

NOW fast forward to 2022 and last time I looked, utterly destroyed examples we're going for $20-30K. I mean ones that were totally crushed and burnt to a crisp. It's insane out there. BUT, if prices ever go back to how they used to be, then yup! Would love to tackle that.

So not a Volvo 240, check. We’ll go ahead and add the Outlander, CR-V, Chevy Trax, and Buick Encore to the list of potential cars to check out.

Keep ‘em coming, guys!
    focus.

So not a Volvo 240, check. We’ll go ahead and add the Outlander, CR-V, Chevy Trax, and Buick Encore to the list of potential cars to check out.

Keep ‘em coming, guys!
    CR-V? Perfectly acceptable.

Chevy Trax/Buick Encore? You trolling, homey? GTFO of here with that goofy POS. No self-respecting father would ever buy that for his children.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    CR-V? Perfectly acceptable.

Chevy Trax/Buick Encore? You trolling, homey? GTFO of here with that goofy POS. No self-respecting father would ever buy that for his children.

[Capt Obvious]Note Montucky's personal vehicle decisions when deciding whether to heed his car buying advice. [/Capt Obvious]
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    [Capt Obvious]Note Montucky's personal vehicle decisions when deciding whether to heed his car buying advice. [/Capt Obvious]
    You having a hard time reading? I said I was NOT recommending anything. Especially broke down European cars. That's my wheelhouse. Was just commenting on what Id pick for my OWN kids, which definitely wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. But even then, there are certain cars I would absolutely avoid like the ones I mentioned. Even I have standards. Haha. THAT'S how utterly lame those particular vehicles are. They're well below typical rental fare.

AWD Aztecs are still cheap

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    AWD Aztecs are still cheap
    Trade for blue meth?