Page 238 of 428 FirstFirst ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 10679
    Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Any recs on car shipping services? Doesn’t need to be enclosed, but looking like I’ll be getting an element from outside New England.
    Plycar is pretty good. I use Central Dispatch but you need an account.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Oh, I know the mechanical reasons it's not happening, but that's no excuse for such a good idea. It doesn't even have to be a hellcat - there's no real performance or strong variants of minivans, yet plenty of us would appreciate one.
    Also - it's not like Chrysler is spending lots on product development given that 90% of their shit is "shove a hellcat motor in our old challenger/charger chassis or a truck"
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Oh, I'm well aware of the bisimoto Odyssey.

Oh, I know the mechanical reasons it's not happening, but that's no excuse for such a good idea. It doesn't even have to be a hellcat - there's no real performance or strong variants of minivans, yet plenty of us would appreciate one.
    Also - it's not like Chrysler is spending lots on product development given that 90% of their shit is "shove a hellcat motor in our old challenger/charger chassis or a truck"
    Mercedes R63?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Any of y'all with experience buying a used TDI from dieselgate?
    2012 4d Golf with 80k, one owner, does not have the generous warranty like the 2015 stop-sale vehicles do.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    2012 4d Golf with 80k, one owner, does not have the generous warranty like the 2015 stop-sale vehicles do.
    Yeah mag, I also have a'12, sportwagen. Any TDI from '10-'14 got an abbreviated version of the '15 warranty. Warranty transfers from owner to owner until it's gone.
    15's are Mark VII generation, MKV and MKVI were a little different regarding emissions equipment and whatnot.

If I recall, you can upload your vin to the VW site and it'll tell you how much warranty remains. If not, the dealer can fosho.
    Check the' VW emissions modifications lookup ' page, it may help.

I did. I was engine dependent so maybe that is the difference. Vw wanted certain vehicles completely off the road as there was no fix available. My 3.0 TDi got fixed.

So did the one owner just not sell back to VW, and therefore this is one of those rare unfixed VW tdi's?
    Bottom line is if the owner took proper care of it, and the price is right, it'll make a great ride in the slc zone; you're moving there right?
    That car could be prime for a tune and there's a topnotch tdi tuner somewhere along the wasatch.
    All the fix did was drop the mpg by a point or two. Adjusted the engine emissions burnoff cycle to regenerate a little longer and more frequently.

What color?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    So did the one owner just not sell back to VW, and therefore this is one of those rare unfixed VW tdi's?
    Bottom line is if the owner took proper care of it, and the price is right, it'll make a great ride in the slc zone; you're moving there right?
    That car could be prime for a tune and there's a topnotch tdi tuner somewhere along the wasatch.
    All the fix did was drop the mpg by a point or two. Adjusted the engine emissions burnoff cycle to regenerate a little longer and more frequently.

What color?
    Sorry, post wasn't clear. I was wondering if anyone had experience with having to use the warranty. Now that I've read more it seems like the big concerns outside maintenance are with the HPFP and injectors.

The owner took the fix, the warranty is 10 yr/ 120k mi from inservice or 4 yr/ 48k mi from fix, whatever longer. Either way, for a 2012 with 80k on the clock I would be looking at that warranty expiring on me within in the next year or two. The 2015 models that sat on the lot until 2017 have the cherry warranty; 11 yr/ 160k mi from inservice or 5 yr/ 60k mi from fix.

I talking with the guy today, he either didn't keep complete maitenance records or doesn't want to show me everything that was done. He is clearly underwater deep enough I wouldn't be getting close to my price. No need to waste anyone's time further. I left him my number and a price, we have a few months to look. I agree that a TDI would be primo for SLC and trips up and down the 15

GT4 RS

This Black Badge Ghost comes in at a reasonable $501,975.00 (Or two GT4 RSs)

Sorry, post wasn't clear. I was wondering if anyone had experience with having to use the warranty. Now that I've read more it seems like the big concerns outside maintenance are with the HPFP and injectors.

The owner took the fix, the warranty is 10 yr/ 120k mi from inservice or 4 yr/ 48k mi from fix, whatever longer. Either way, for a 2012 with 80k on the clock I would be looking at that warranty expiring on me within in the next year or two. The 2015 models that sat on the lot until 2017 have the cherry warranty; 11 yr/ 160k mi from inservice or 5 yr/ 60k mi from fix.

I talking with the guy today, he either didn't keep complete maitenance records or doesn't want to show me everything that was done. He is clearly underwater deep enough I wouldn't be getting close to my price. No need to waste anyone's time further. I left him my number and a price, we have a few months to look. I agree that a TDI would be primo for SLC and trips up and down the 15
    Hmm... I'd maybe still keep that on my radar. I love those old TDIs. That's crazy low miles for that vintage, and those go for a premium these days it seems. Every one I've come across seem to go for a fortune. What's he asking? With enough time, maybe he'll meet you where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    GT4 RS
    Read the write up on TopGear, sounds insanely good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    This Black Badge Ghost comes in at a reasonable $501,975.00 (Or two GT4 RSs)
    I’ll take the two GT4 RSs please.
    I still call it The Jake.

Which one will have higher resale value in 10y?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Both of my forthcoming GT4 RSs, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Which one will have higher resale value in 10y?
    GT4, by a mile. Rolls is when you don't give a fuck about the resale value of your car ever.

GT4, by a mile. Rolls is when you don't give a fuck about the resale value of your car ever.
    Yeah but the poors who get it next will have one heck of a deal when they go to slap some 24s and a textured car wrap on it.

Thinking about this since I keep a car for 10yrs +, I'm reaching the end of the current family trucksters lifespan and this generation of gas powered cars may be regulated out of existence anyway by the time my next buying cycles comes around, therefore I'd like to get the fastest SUV made under $100K. I figure either these last gen gas cars are gonna retain some value or be worth $0 in ~10 yrs so fuck depreciation. I don't want used. A short list, but this pops up...

Name:  alfa-romeo-stelvio-quadrifoglio-south-africa-price.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  52.2 KB

Ballsy, carbon fiber driveshaft. Should I?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

10+ years of Alpha ownership, I can't imagine the adventures you'd have.

I have a 2008 Range Rover with 265K and a broken console fridge right now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I have a 2008 Range Rover with 265K and a broken console fridge right now.
    How can you even drive it like that? Room temperature beverages...shudder

I have a 2008 Range Rover with 265K...
    Most impressive! That HAS to be some kind of Range Rover world record!

Thinking about this since I keep a car for 10yrs +, I'm reaching the end of the current family trucksters lifespan and this generation of gas powered cars may be regulated out of existence anyway by the time my next buying cycles comes around, therefore I'd like to get the fastest SUV made under $100K. I figure either these last gen gas cars are gonna retain some value or be worth $0 in ~10 yrs so fuck depreciation. I don't want used. A short list, but this pops up...

Name:  alfa-romeo-stelvio-quadrifoglio-south-africa-price.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  52.2 KB

Ballsy, carbon fiber driveshaft. Should I?
    Do ya feel lucky?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    How can you even drive it like that? Room temperature beverages...shudder
    Right? How uncivilized Timber.

It's a nice car just sitting there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211118_175026202.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	393157