Page 359 of 428 FirstFirst ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 10698
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    hey Bobby, got any SQ5 available in your network?
    Name:  monocle1.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  7.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    I’ve got a 2017 3.6 Limited purchased as CPO in 2019. Very happy with it. The only non-scheduled maintenance was a cooling fan that rattled loose and destroyed itself. Power is good in the mountains, and I like that the CVT has preset “gears” that allow for down shifting. 26 mpg. I think you’ll be disappointed with the 4, it’s just too much car for too little motor.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Appreciate it. Went with the 3.6r, picked up today. Replacements thus far at 100k have been the battery and alternator. Stoked on it!

I wouldn't have guessed that 2.2 million cars get repo'd yearly in the US. Now if you see a GT40 cruising down the road without a driver...

If Ford has its way, your car could drive itself to a repossession agency or scrapyard in the future if you default on a loan payment.

The carmaker is seeking a patent for an autonomous system that can claw back vehicles from bill dodgers.

Once the advent of self-driving cars is upon us, Ford’s proposed tech would allow a car to move itself back to the lender’s parking space or to a parking spot for towing. It could even drive away from a private property or an inaccessible area, according to the patent published last week.

Of course, lenders already have ways to curb late payments. These include rigging cars with a kill switch that can disable vehicles remotely with a push of a button. However, Ford’s system would harness self-driving tech to take things one step further.

Beyond whisking the car back to a scrapyard, it could even lock parts of the vehicle’s functionality — apart from when a medical emergency requires it to drive to a hospital. In addition, it could prevent you from accessing your motor on weekdays to convince you to make that overdue payment.

Ford also suggests geofencing the car, effectively restricting it from being driven outside of certain ring-fenced areas. The patent lists an exhaustive number of options, including less intrusive methods such as messaging an owner on their smartphone or inside the vehicle.

In addition, the system could override some of the car’s functions to prevent you from driving it. The patent states that the vehicle could self-activate its horn or radio to annoy the driver. That wouldn’t be the stuff of sci-fi, either. A hacker in the US previously bricked more than 100 cars and set off their horns in an attack on the vehicles’ web-based systems.

It’s unclear if the proposed system will ever see the light of day. Ford told The Register: “We submit patents on new inventions as a normal course of business but they aren’t necessarily an indication of new business or product plans."

Ford says system is designed to solve the issue of “unco-operative” owners who have “disregarded” payment notices, and are impeding the “repossession operation.” In some cases, this can lead to confrontation, it adds.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Just wait until they make you watch a commercial on the infotainment screen before you can drive away...

Or a timeshare pitch.
    I still call it The Jake.

Don't laugh. Your car will be watching and listening very closely to what you and your passengers are doing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...-cheap/672614/

AI is always listening and reading text from everyone connected. It has been for a long while.

Ceiling Cat is watching your Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    LMAO! Great throwback to the "good old days" of the interwebz. ...sigh... Good times, my friend. Good times.

?

~4% of car sales get repossessed?

And what percentage of those are repossessed by the Dog?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Sure. Your Ford. Uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I wouldn't have guessed that 2.2 million cars get repo'd yearly in the US. Now if you see a GT40 cruising down the road without a driver...

If Ford has its way, your car could drive itself to a repossession agency or scrapyard in the future if you default on a loan payment.

The carmaker is seeking a patent for an autonomous system that can claw back vehicles from bill dodgers.

Once the advent of self-driving cars is upon us, Ford’s proposed tech would allow a car to move itself back to the lender’s parking space or to a parking spot for towing. It could even drive away from a private property or an inaccessible area, according to the patent published last week.

Of course, lenders already have ways to curb late payments. These include rigging cars with a kill switch that can disable vehicles remotely with a push of a button. However, Ford’s system would harness self-driving tech to take things one step further.

Beyond whisking the car back to a scrapyard, it could even lock parts of the vehicle’s functionality — apart from when a medical emergency requires it to drive to a hospital. In addition, it could prevent you from accessing your motor on weekdays to convince you to make that overdue payment.

Ford also suggests geofencing the car, effectively restricting it from being driven outside of certain ring-fenced areas. The patent lists an exhaustive number of options, including less intrusive methods such as messaging an owner on their smartphone or inside the vehicle.

In addition, the system could override some of the car’s functions to prevent you from driving it. The patent states that the vehicle could self-activate its horn or radio to annoy the driver. That wouldn’t be the stuff of sci-fi, either. A hacker in the US previously bricked more than 100 cars and set off their horns in an attack on the vehicles’ web-based systems.

It’s unclear if the proposed system will ever see the light of day. Ford told The Register: “We submit patents on new inventions as a normal course of business but they aren’t necessarily an indication of new business or product plans."

Ford says system is designed to solve the issue of “unco-operative” owners who have “disregarded” payment notices, and are impeding the “repossession operation.” In some cases, this can lead to confrontation, it adds.
    If they're smart they'll pitch it to consumers as KITT/ batmobile tech. They can probably charge extra for it.

New Suburban interior. It plays an intro movie when you turn it on. Check out the shifter also.

And folks think manual transmission cars are coming back. Lol its over man. Appliances with 4 wheels and dipshits behind the wheel is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    <snip>
    Lol its over man. Appliances with 4 wheels and dipshits behind the wheel is the future.
    It always has been, man... it always has been...

I'm gonna go outside and yell at clouds for awhile now.

dipshits is now

Bobby can I get a Carfax run on this one please?

WP0CB298X1U665414

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ?
    Name:  Ceiling_Cat_by_SleepySnitter.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  18.1 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Doh. Haha. I shoulda looked it up.

Nevermind - deleted. Checked out the used truck and it was a mess.
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 03-15-2023 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

737's are sorta slow...
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yeah, none of the modern airliners are particularly fast off the line when full (although the 757 when empty is a rocket - as civilian airplanes go).

With the 73/8NG, you're trying to move up to 174,000 pounds from a standstill by blowing air. And with the engines at idle, there's a real lag when advancing the thrust levers, so it's a two step process: advance to 40% N1, let the engines spool up, then advance to TOGA. That's why we'd try to do rolling take-offs as much as possible.

When a pilot fast rolls a start from a taxiway, that's a pretty fun feeling.