Page 211 of 428 FirstFirst ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 10679
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Auction prices are absolutely insane right now. Car dealers are gobbling up inventory.
    Let me know if you come across a 94-95 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6 when you’re scooping up inventory on the cheap please Bobby.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Let me know if you come across a 94-95 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6 when you’re scooping up inventory on the cheap please Bobby.
    Saw this, looked again on local Craigslist... Here's another one, near Sacramento CA:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...129287086.html

These aren't uncommon out west. Did they all rust to bits in the east?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

That could be restored or just beat on until death

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Saw this, looked again on local Craigslist... Here's another one, near Sacramento CA:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...129287086.html

These aren't uncommon out west. Did they all rust to bits in the east?
    Nice that’s about as close as I’ve seen to the ideal. I may have to inquire about this project car. Take off the damage multiplier, see how bad that sagging suspension is, ascertain how much rust is under that dust and we may have the bones here.

And yeah, those that didn’t rust to shit here must have been taken in the great Pathfinder rapture of 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That could be restored or just beat on until death
    Yes to the former, well on their way to the latter judging by the dirt inside the cabin.

I grew up in coastal California. Cars just don't rust there - you'll see 20 year old beaters that are intact. Sun faded, abused, dented, yes, but no rust.

I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for those Pathfinders.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Couple more:

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/tr...129846917.html

This one looks pretty good in the few photos that are there:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...117219536.html

Chup, my man!

Messaged the seller on that last one as it looks pretty straight from the very limited pictures and zero description. It's got what I want right down to the chrome package. I can always paint it black.

Thanks man, I'll let you know what the seller says if anyone is following along at home.

Covid time and money pit, here I come!

Shit. Sold. Damnit, that was a good one.

Note to self, check Coastal CA for Pathfinders that did not get taken in the Rapture.

What years are you looking for, and are you picky on options? 4WD, manual or automatic, any particular engine?

Shit. Sold. Damnit, that was a good one.

Note to self, check Coastal CA for Pathfinders that did not get taken in the Rapture.
    We all know you as a man of fine, fine taste here on TGR. So what is up with the obsession of acquiring an old POS Pathfinder? Did you get laid in one by Christly Brinkley in the 90s or what? There is a good reason they are rare, and sorry it's not because 'they were driven so hard they are all in the junkyard'.

Tell us your Rosebud story, only then maybe you can let go.

What years are you looking for, and are you picky on options? 4WD, manual or automatic, any particular engine?
    94-95 in SE-V6 trim, preferably in Black over Grey interior. Can take or leave leather, as it’ll probably get refreshed either way and the ideal was cloth anyway, which wore like a champ. Not picky on options as the SE trim gets me what I want: the 31’s, the transformer wheels, spare wheel carrier, factory rack, nerf bars, fog lights, auto lockers, central diff lock, and on the fly 4wd. Chrome package is a nice plus.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    We all know you as a man of fine, fine taste here on TGR. So what is up with the obsession of acquiring an old POS Pathfinder? Did you get laid in one by Christly Brinkley in the 90s or what? There is a good reason they are rare, and sorry it's not because 'they were driven so hard they are all in the junkyard'.

Tell us your Rosebud story, only then maybe you can let go.
    First and foremost, thank you for the compliment, really, thank you. In this particular instance though, I’m afraid this stupid pursuit has less to do with taste, and more to do with hopeless nostalgia; although, the 90s era Pathfinder has been highlighted in several recent articles as a way to stand out against the crowd of those hoarding FJ80s and ‘97 D90s (not that I wouldn’t take either of those in a heartbeat).

Here again is my old gal for reference (not pictured, a severely hungover me behind the wheel)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1103625D-7F7E-4993-BB64-36964EFD951C.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	329957

She was given the name “Assfinder”, not by me, and not by a particularly close friend in fact, about a week after I brought her home but it stuck. It served as a daily ski shuttle, booze cruise (times were regrettably different; don’t judge), cross country transport many times (mostly to Gov’t Camp for summer bump camp), a mobile beach shack in Low Country, and veritable clubhouse when there was none.

To this very day, when reconnecting with people I haven’t spoken to in 20 years on group-Zoom boozefests, one of the first things these people ask is, “where’s the Assfinder and please tell me it’s still yours.”

It is unfortunately not. I put 115,000 on it from jump (an admittedly very short time, as I enjoy the open road), and when I made the move to a 4Runner a few years later, I passed it on to my youngest sister who put another 55,000+ on it. Despite the change in ownership, and the generational gap, her contemporaries still called it the Assfinder; it was its own being. People still loved being in it and around it after all those years. It was simple, and pretty and dinged up in the right places. The experiences that took place in it, and those that it took you to, are clearly still remembered to this day as I’ve found out.

She was parked in my parents’ driveway years ago when a flood of epic proportions hit. Family friends came to help in any way they could and noticed the old girl sitting in water past it’s hubs there in the low part of the driveway. “What do you want to do with it”? They asked. My sister being off at college in Connecticut, and my dad seeing an opportunity to get rid of the poor thing, who at that point no longer had a reverse gear, said, “you get it out of here it’s yours”.

Four or five months later when making the visit back to the family home to see the restoration efforts there, out front, like a gotdamned Phoenix, was the old girl. Now driven, and repaired by the son of the man who did much of the restoration work on the house as a work truck, hooked up to a 12” trailer full of supplies like it was nothing.

I’d say I tipped my hat in respect, but I’d be lying. A faint tear of pride welled up in my duct as I walked by her, running my hand over her broken and bruised plastic trim; smiling the whole time, knowing all she’d been through.

I have no idea where the old girl is these days, probably out to pasture if I had to guess, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting one just like her again. Not because she was a dog on the highway, or a champ in the mud (she was), but to give her (or her facsimile) the retirement she deserves: a lazy life as a high-mileage, windows-down, sunroof-removed, scratches and dents and all, beach car with kids in back giggling at how fun it is to tool around in Dad’s old beater from the golden age of sport utilities. And failing that, a beater that me, my son and my dog can take and flog around the mountains until she finally decides to kick it, where we will most certainly hold some kind of ridiculous ceremony involving Heineken and Quaker State.

So that’s it man. My Rosebud? Maybe. But it’s not just mine. It’s so many others’ too. All these years later.

even the Gobbler respected the assfinder and left all the wheels inflated

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    even the Gobbler respected the assfinder and left all the wheels inflated
    See? Even literal ghosts/stalkers/hillbillyterrorists respected the Assfinder.

And that says something.

Not sure what, but something for sure.

Hey Bobby can you run this VIN for me? I just picked up a cheap TT
    TRUWX28N111022172

Not exactly the Pathfinder your heart is set on, but price is right:

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/sha...122052704.html

Here you go. If carfax shows it lived in So Cal its whole life, there won't be a spec of rust.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...115654790.html

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Hey Bobby can you run this VIN for me? I just picked up a cheap TT
    TRUWX28N111022172
    Shagman, is this a bop around car for the Swedish nanny? Or you really planning on driving a TT?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Shagman, is this a bop around car for the Swedish nanny? Or you really planning on driving a TT?
    You know what the worst part of owning a TT is, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly the Pathfinder your heart is set on, but price is right:

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/sha...122052704.html
    Seems like a tough negotiator.

Here you go. If carfax shows it lived in So Cal its whole life, there won't be a spec of rust.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...115654790.html
    The rust free aspect is very intriguing and generally seems pretty sorted. Thanks, I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yeah just a toy.. I have a buddy that does autocross and its a cheap car to play with

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    You know what the worst part of owning a TT is, right?
    Besides the $400 quote from the dealer for a new key?

Take it to an independent shop. My buddy does em for like $100 plus the cost of the fob.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

HO-LEE SHIT.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=270459475

Yo Bobby, can I get a Carfax please?

JN8HD17Y7SW048818

yeah the fob was 225 and 180 for the programming.. a different dealer quoted closer to 250

HO-LEE SHIT.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=270459475

Yo Bobby, can I get a Carfax please?

JN8HD17Y7SW048818
    There it is!

$5k seems quite high... Get photos of the underside before traveling out to Seattle.

There it is!

$5k seems quite high... Get photos of the underside before traveling out to Seattle.
    Yeah, $2,600 seems more close to reality. I’ve pinged the seller for more pics. Fingers crossed but I have no clue how I’ll handle PPI/flight during these uncertain times if it looks good.