Page 300 of 428 FirstFirst ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 10698
    The joke is that I would do the opposite of whatever Montucky would do, because he makes terrible vehicle purchasing decisions.

Relax. Just a joke.
    focus.

A Mini Cooper with stick is surprisingly fun.
    And roomy and safe

I’m in the same boat. Thing one will need a car soon. It’s going to be a stick whether he wants it or not.
    His ideal ride is a Tacoma crew cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    The joke is that I would do the opposite of whatever Montucky would do, because he makes terrible vehicle purchasing decisions.

Relax. Just a joke.
    Ok, ok. Hardee har har. I guess I just see WAY too many of those little douchemobiles out there in the wild that it''s entirely plausible that some of you guys would buy them for your kids. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Montucky is the automotive version of the 2/10 would not bang meme except he's grading cars that run and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Montucky is the automotive version of the 2/10 would not bang meme except he's grading cars that run and drive.
    Hahahaha. Ok, ok. That's funny.

Cept now that I think about it, I'm more the automotive equivalent of a divorced, washed up middle age guy who used to have a smoking hot super model wife but still wants high standards, even though he's lost everything. Difference between me and would not bang guy is I USED to actually have nice cars and have driven countless more kick ass cars in my younger days. Thus my basis for being so judgmental when it comes to cars. Haha. What you said is still pretty funny tho.

Montucky would rather have two broken Volvos than a running Buick Encore.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Montucky would rather have two broken Volvos than a running Buick Encore.
    100%!!! I'd rather take my bike in this 110 degree heat or ride the bus than own an Encore.

Dude, stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    100%!!! I'd rather take my bike in this 110 degree heat or ride the bus than own an Encore.

Have you considering purchasing several Jaguars for parking on your front lawn? Non running ones are quite inexpensive to acquire.

You can admire them as you ride away on your bicycle.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ladies and gentlemen. We have outed all the Chevy Trax drivers among us.

Oh, and FWIW I DO still have a car that runs great. Haha. I am not without wheels right now.

Oh, and FWIW I DO still have a car that runs great. Haha. I am not without wheels right now[/URL]
    A .333 batting average is respectable.

Yeah, I'm the one without a car because I'm trying to be picky and sorta wise.

I got a Regal I can sell you. Guaranteed to break down and leave you stranded.

I kinda wish I'd bought a Regal TourX when they were being blown out at $10K off.

I kinda wish I'd bought a Regal TourX when they were being blown out at $10K off.
    I saw new ones going for low to mid 20s before the world blew up but I was coming off a heart attack and a year and a half of shit income so couldn't get one.

This X2

That car was made in Germany and is actually an Opel. Friends have one and I can't convince them to sell it to me. Just before I bought my Golf wagon (almost 2 years ago) a dealer less than 25 miles from me had the last Tour/X within 500 miles. It was a base model and didn't even have Apple Car Play/Android Auto and they had marked it up by $5K. It's probably still sitting on their lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    A .333 batting average is respectable.
    Just don't let them build your skis.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I saw new ones going for low to mid 20s before the world blew up but I was coming off a heart attack and a year and a half of shit income so couldn't get one.
    Same. Absolutely killed me that I wasn't in a place financially to pick one up a steeply discounted new one then. Sharp looking wagon.

And I DO like a lot of Buicks from years past. Like the Roadmaster wagon with the LT1. Hell yes. I only rip on the Encores.

You should rip on the Regal I am ditching. It's garbage. Bought it used last fall. Unreported accident. (Not Buick's fault, I know.) And the transmission service wasn't done. You can't even check the fluid on your own. Sealed. It's a dealer only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You should rip on the Regal I am ditching. It's garbage. Bought it used last fall. Unreported accident. (Not Buick's fault, I know.) And the transmission service wasn't done. You can't even check the fluid on your own. Sealed. It's a dealer only thing.
    Well then, either sell it to Carvana for $$$ or put in on CL for silly money and clearly state "NO LOWBALLERS! I KNOW WHAT I GOT!"

See? Here's a Buick Regal for sale!
    https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ct...513977667.html

Well then, either sell it to Carvana for $$$ or put in on CL for silly money and clearly state "NO LOWBALLERS! I KNOW WHAT I GOT!"

Gonna trade it in to the Subaru dealer when my Impreza arrives

All of the jokes aside, I truly hope you're not seriously considering a 240 for your kids. I know it's cute and kitch to think of it as a tank, but there have been so many safety and driver aid improvements that have been introduced since those things were discontinued. I'd feel like a really shitty dad if my kids were maimed for the lack of a side impact airbag or reversing camera. Sure, they should be able to drive competently without any of these innovations, but it's really hard to teach your kids to wrench when they're shitting in a bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    So not a Volvo 240, check. We’ll go ahead and add the Outlander, CR-V, Chevy Trax, and Buick Encore to the list of potential cars to check out.

Keep ‘em coming, guys!
    We did a CRV for our daughter a year ago. It is now worth 20% more than we paid for it. It’s been good.

Mazda cx 5/7/9 is another really good one for kids.