Page 320 of 428 FirstFirst ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 10691
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    There are certain life skills which are very useful to achieve, and fun once mastered. Driving an MT is one of them. You reprobates can fill in the others.
    Masterbation? Toilet paper orientation? Cheating on taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygrinder View Post
    4S4BSACC7G3200974

Any shot I can get a lookup on this one Bobby? Thanks!
    Fuck off. We’re debating three pedals here dammit.

Or is that a MT? In which case please carry on with the carfax

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Unlike yourself not everyone wants a custom whittled dildo shift knob.
    when you slam that timberridge piece of shit in gear drop the clutch and hit the gas nothing comes close, not even an underage jersey hooker faking it

I doubt anyone here - that hasn't raced rally (or maybe someone like Simple) - has done more manual drifts in their lifetime than me. I can appreciate what a manual can do and how fun it is, why presume I don't know how to drive a manual? Anyways, I drive a tesla now and sometimes it's really depressing with no manual and tons of nanny controls anytime it slides out in snow. Now I know why when white dudes get to a certain age they get nostalgic and try to buy their old car from college.

I wonder if the amount of decel will decrease as battery performance increases- hybrids that use regen aren't nearly as severe as Teslas.

The kids all learned to drive in my Jettas with MT. Thing#3 spent the least time with it. Sadly, the Yaris iA with MT that thing#1 picked up for cheaper became a liability for him because it turns out he has epilepsy. None of the friends could drive it when he had his first seizure. They found the one friend who could (barely drive stick) in order to get it back to his apartment and then to a long term parking spot until spring. He went back to driving again after six months seizure free, but he's had another one. Back to the drawing board after a summer driving around. Anyone have a kid dwith epilepsy? 23 and trying to get started in the world is not when you want to deal with it, driving stick or not.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I doubt anyone here - that hasn't raced rally (or maybe someone like Simple) - has done more manual drifts in their lifetime than me. I can appreciate what a manual can do and how fun it is, why presume I don't know how to drive a manual? Anyways, I drive a tesla now and sometimes it's really depressing with no manual and tons of nanny controls anytime it slides out in snow. Now I know why when white dudes get to a certain age they get nostalgic and try to buy their old car from college.
    You don’t need a manual to drift, you can do it an accord on Pennsylvania ave

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    The kids all learned to drive in my Jettas with MT.
    There was a time in my life where every woman I dated was a manual Jetta driver.

Taco was right; they were all hot. (and could drive stick)

I still call it The Jake.

The kids all learned to drive in my Jettas with MT. Thing#3 spent the least time with it. Sadly, the Yaris iA with MT that thing#1 picked up for cheaper became a liability for him because it turns out he has epilepsy. None of the friends could drive it when he had his first seizure. They found the one friend who could (barely drive stick) in order to get it back to his apartment and then to a long term parking spot until spring. He went back to driving again after six months seizure free, but he's had another one. Back to the drawing board after a summer driving around. Anyone have a kid dwith epilepsy? 23 and trying to get started in the world is not when you want to deal with it, driving stick or not.
    Live in a city with decent public transport?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Show me on the map where the pubic transit dropped you off at the ski mountain

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    That's the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Alta/Bird, Engelberg

Taos, Ski Santa Fe.

Find your own map for those.

You said pubic, heh.

In Steamboat the free city buses take you to both ski areas and all sorts of other useful places.

Hmmm.

Quite simply , do you want to control the machine, or would you rather the machine control you. Learning to drive a manual transmission is a rite of passage for any automotive enthusiast. You may disagree, great.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Quite simply , do you want to control the machine, or would you rather the machine control you. Learning to drive a manual transmission is a rite of passage for any automotive enthusiast. You may disagree, great.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Totally agree.

Even in my old school SUVs with 4 speed autos (rwd, auto-lockers with a handbrake) you had to actually learn how to feel the shift points, high CG, and when (and how) to actually throw the 4wd shift stick. (And when to powerslide the back end with the hand brake, some snow and a lot of hooniganism).

Manual gives you so much knowledge about how a car works. How power is applied, how traction is maintained. Valuable skills all.

Toothpicks? Get a bag of those floss things.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Totally agree.

Even in my old school SUVs with 4 speed autos (rwd, auto-lockers with a handbrake) you had to actually learn how to feel the shift points, high CG, and when (and how) to actually throw the 4wd shift stick. (And when to powerslide the back end with the hand brake, some snow and a lot of hooniganism).

Manual gives you so much knowledge about how a car works. How power is applied, how traction is maintained. Valuable skills all.

Toothpicks? Get a bag of those floss things.
    My first car, a 99 Montero Sport passed down from my dad, was such a great snow car. Easy to hoon around in 2wd, a great hand brake, and then it was a tank in 4wd. I did almost roll it a few times though.

Someday I'll start my own assfinder-esque thread.

Fortunately. The new Koenigsegg has both a manual and a automatic.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Fortunately. The new Koenigsegg has both a manual and a automatic.
    My dream is to invent an auto manual.

Double auto clutch. But with three pedals and a shift gate for when you feel like pretending that you’re actually shifting.
    And then flip a switch for laziness or city traffic.

Why has no one done this?

My dream is to invent an auto manual.

Double auto clutch. But with three pedals and a shift gate for when you feel like pretending that you’re actually shifting.
    And then flip a switch for laziness or city traffic.

Why has no one done this?
    Koenigsegg.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

This almost followed me home the other day. 45k miles. Shit.

That's the goal.
    I'd say bay area, Boston, NYC and maybe Seattle? (haven't lived or been there enough to comment but feel like it could work) and make friends for a ski lease to get rides to the mountain as carpooling out there is quite common.
    SLC you could probably make work with the buses, most euro cities would be fine.
    If they're purely ski bumming you could probably survive with a fat e bike given close enough housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    This almost followed me home the other day. 45k miles. Shit.

How was the shift knob?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    How was the shift knob?
    AMG of course...