Page 248 of 428 FirstFirst ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 10691
    Has your brother in law's windshield cracked yet? So many have already that they're backordered a year out for replacements. Wouldn't it suck to have a really expensive new car that can't pass inspection and there's no hope...

He got the heated windshield which I have to admit for his climate is a really nice feature to have.

No cracks yet but I’ll let him know to stay back from semis on the highway. That’s insane that someone could be in that position with a new car and no way to pass inspection.
    I still call it The Jake.

If the new heated windshields are like the old ones, they suck. The cracking has nothing to do with heated or not from what I read. If it doesn't crack while it's just sitting there in the drivewayhe should consider himself lucky. That's where so many seem to be giving up. On the upside, due to the chip shortage LR has so much production held up that they may start having windshields available to replace the bad ones (sorta) soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-Porcupine-Pufferfish-in-the-open-water-in-BonaireJ.T.-Lewiss.jpg-.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	399798
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Lemme get this straight: a Pontiac, done up to look worse as a tribute to a Shelby (which was powered by Ford, but let's look past that for now), with a 4 cylinder engine being sold by a company with 0 positive reviews, all for the low-low price of $20k?

No lowball offers, I know what I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Lemme get this straight: a Pontiac, done up to look worse as a tribute to a Shelby (which was powered by Ford, but let's look past that for now), with a 4 cylinder engine being sold by a company with 0 positive reviews, all for the low-low price of $20k?

No lowball offers, I know what I've got.
    This is what you end up with when you damage the front bumper on your Solstice, and the aftermarket front bumper is cheaper than the OEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Someone PM Skouger.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    This is what you end up with when you damage the front bumper on your Solstice, and the aftermarket front bumper is cheaper than the OEM.
    I knew there had to be a rational explanation, for that bit at least.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    If the new heated windshields are like the old ones, they suck. The cracking has nothing to do with heated or not from what I read. If it doesn't crack while it's just sitting there in the drivewayhe should consider himself lucky. That's where so many seem to be giving up. On the upside, due to the chip shortage LR has so much production held up that they may start having windshields available to replace the bad ones (sorta) soon.
    I loved my heated windscreens in the various Rovers I've had. I wish all my cars that feature.

The fake stick-on side vents are a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I loved my heated windscreens in the various Rovers I've had. I wish all my cars that feature.
    Next to the heated seats, that's my wife's favorite feature on hers. We've only replaced it once in the 15 years we've owned it.

Only about a third of mine works so there are stripes of fogged window to look through. Even with glass coverage it's still $1200 to replace it because the dash has to come out and the A Pillar airbags have to be disabled before Safelite will even touch it

Hey Bobby, if you could please YV4CZ852071358406

Hey Bobby, if you could please YV4CZ852071358406
    2007 VOLVO XC90 V8
    VIN: YV4CZ852071358406
    4 DOOR WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
    4.4L V8 F DOHC 32V
    GASOLINE
    ALL WHEEL DRIVE

This CARFAX Report Provided by:Mopar or Nocar

4.7 / 5.019 Verified Reviews

favorite 340

Customer Favorites

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Rad. 10/10 definitely would bang.

But not at 2x MSRP. Aren't the regular, peasant-class D110s like $100k+ new?
    That's surprising that its selling for double msrp.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

[COLOR=#212121][FONT=Roboto]2007 VOLVO XC90 V8
    VIN: YV4CZ852071358406
    4 DOOR WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
    4.4L V8 F DOHC 32V
    GASOLINE
    ALL WHEEL DRIVE

Thanks! This one has potential. Gonna go look next week.

Thanks! This one has potential. Gonna go look next week.
    FWIW the only thing I'd buy with over 120K on it is a full size american truck, or a Japanese sedan. That's the mileage at which everything needs some TLC and I'd much rather it be something I can fix with a hammer or has cheap parts.

FWIW the only thing I'd buy with over 120K on it is a full size american truck, or a Japanese sedan. That's the mileage at which everything needs some TLC and I'd much rather it be something I can fix with a hammer or has cheap parts.
    I don't think gravitylover is willing to buy anything logical like that.

No offense GL, but focusing on old Euro vehicles is going to cost much more than just paying a little more up front for a Toyota/ Honda/ etc.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

That one is Euro with a Japanese motor *shrug*

Sedans don't work, the things I move around when I'm working don't fit and no good way to move bikes in bad weather takes them off the list entirely because so much of my work travel is in marginal or shitty weather. Minivans aren't off the table but they do kind of suck to drive and the few AWD options are pretty pricey if you can even find one.

I generally don't like pickups enough for one to be my daily do everything car and I'm not sold on them being good family vehicles for our purposes but maybe. I also don't think they're any less prone to dramatic failure than most others especially after about 10 years old and aren't any easier to work on (for the most part). I dunno, give me something the size of my old Ford Courier or 82 Toyota pickup with a 6.5 foot bed that gets ~25mpg rather than a big brick that is hard to park and we'll talk.

Toyota? Sure but good luck finding a decent one with under 250k that doesn't cost 3 arms and 4 legs right now. They're like new car prices for well used trucks, that just doesn't make sense to me, and other than the Venza they don't make a wagon. Highlander? *blech*

I don't think old Volvo parts are any more expensive than most brands at this point. It doesn't seem to matter which brand, if it's a special part that isn't shared with other brands and was made in the millions, it's gonna be expensive. One thing I'm finding is the period where Volvo, LR, Jag, and Mazda were under the Ford roof there are all sorts of shared parts and if you get creative there's a bunch of stuff that's general Euro shared parts so a lot of things can be found at sorta reasonable prices. Not everything of course but a lot is like that, more so than what's shared between American or Asian brands. I'm not a big fan of SUV's at all but the size works, they're not bad road trip vehicles, they don't care what the weather is (with the right tires) and this may be the last chance I get to get a nice sized, good sounding V8 so I'll keep this XC90 on the table for a bit longer unless someone throws a hideous maintenance story about them into the mix.

I just throw my thoughts out there. Feel free to beat me down (again). That's kind of why I do it.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 01-07-2022 at 02:25 PM. Reason: thought

In general, buying used right now is overpaying. The XC90 was ok in that era, but nothing to write home about other than decent seats. Given that current financing deals have 0-2% pretty common, I'd just get a stupid-roo wagon (or similar) for MSRP and call it good. It will be a much more consistent level of payment/pain for a more reliable whip.

I don't think old Volvo parts are any more expensive than most brands at this point. It doesn't seem to matter which brand, if it's a special part that isn't shared with other brands and was made in the millions, it's gonna be expensive.
    That is exactly the reason why old American trucks are cheap to repair: they *were* made in the millions.

I view it like this: buy nicer/newer Japanese vehicle, and it probably won't break, so the higher than American vehicle parts cost doesn't matter because you don't have to replace parts often. Or, buy older/cheaper American truck, and while parts will break, they are ridiculously cheap -- so as long as you are wrenching on it yourself, all you are dealing with is parts cost, not labor.

Euro vehicle is in a third category: it will break, and parts will be expensive. The Euro vehicle fans usually say they put up with this because they prefer the ride/ look/ whatever, and to them it justifies the cost.

When I had my old GMC, parts were laughably cheap for decent quality stuff through RockAuto. It was easy to work on for the most part, in terms of access: plenty of space to reach most things without having to disassemble a bunch of other shit first. If I needed a part sooner than waiting for RockAuto, every O'Reilly/ Napa/ Autozone/ etc stocks all the common items for a Silverado/Sierra.

If I were looking for a cheap, large, all-conditions family hauler, I'd go find a mid-2000s 4WD Suburban 2500 (3/4-ton) with the 6.0 V8.

A 1/2-ton 2004 Suburban, $6900 asking. Main downside to the 1/2 ton (1500) is the 4L60 transmission is not nearly as strong as the 4L80 used in the 3/4 ton (2500). But for $6-7K, I'd do it.
    https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/sp...429129709.html

If I wanted to go as big as a Suburban I'd be looking at Chevy Express AWD vans. Yeah I have this RR now but I don't think I want to get something bigger. Thoughts about the Ford Flex?

If I wanted to go as big as a Suburban I'd be looking at Chevy Express AWD vans. Yeah I have this RR now but I don't think I want to get something bigger. Thoughts about the Ford Flex?
    I'm kind of surprised you aren't looking at the Ford Freestyle. Don't those share a bunch of parts with Volvo?

I've only sat in a Flex, never driven. Large wagon. I remember it feeling pretty plasticky inside. Otherwise, nothing I can add there.

I don't think I'd pick either one for reliability.

Wasn't the Freestyle FWD? There are so many vehicles that just faded away and that's one of them.