Page 363 of 428 FirstFirst ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 10691
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Oregon driver clocks 176 mph on I-5, cops say; ‘Never seen a speed this high’ https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...this-high.html

a blue 2016 BMW M3
    19 years old.

Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This seems reasonable, but I just don’t know about white

https://www.hennessyporsche.com/used...zcS4AFpduCrUTv

I'm under strict instructions from the wife to avoid white. But that there vehicle looks sweet.

Navy with the silver accents.

Last edited by huckbucket; 05-21-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    There are enough Audi and BMW engines that routinely shit the bed at 100k now because of inherent design flaws combined with poor maintenance to keep someone like yourself really busy. Some of the BMW S motors spin rod bearings every 60K now. Since when did replacing rod bearings become routine maintenance on some engines?
    I just think that's a "feature" as manufacturers move away from big lazy V8s and into all these high strung, forced induction 4s.

Seen some sweet Audi rigs the last week

I like how the styling borrows from the A7

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230513_103140.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	459594

Couple yesterday

Love the wheels but that caliper color doesn't work for me

Name:	20230520_091111.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	459595

Dieses Auto ist der Hammer

Name:	20230520_152323.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	459596
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 05-21-2023 at 09:08 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

That RS6 is sex.

I've always loved how Jersey plates say "Garden State" but their color scheme says Brownfield.

Love the AWDI plate on the RS6

This might actually be a great buy (or a scam). Wish I had the spare cash and space for this JDM car I've always lusted after. I've driven one in white years ago and loved it.

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 5MT. T tops. Only 70K miles. Looks stock. Could very damn well be a Nigerian scammer at this price. Lol. If I had the loot, I'd be trying to confirm if legit.
    https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ct...624795890.html

It's real. JDM RHD cars don't command the premium of a LHD car.

It's overpriced at 22.5k

I've watched the MR2 market for a few years. You want a massive mechanical headache? Get a car with a 3SGTE engine.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    You want a massive mechanical headache? Get a car with a 3SGTE engine.
    Montucky may view this as a challenge.

Doesn't the steering wheel have to be on the right for this to be a JDM car?

Ver 1.0 of the MR2 was a sweet little car--rusted like a summabitch tho.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Doesn't the steering wheel have to be on the right for this to be a JDM car?
    Welcome to consider that the engine has to be pulled to do things like the clutch. Not from the top....it comes out the bottom. Same stuff a Porsche owner deals with. You want to maintain it? Better have a lift

It's real. JDM RHD cars don't command the premium of a LHD car.

It's overpriced at 22.5k

I've watched the MR2 market for a few years. You want a massive mechanical headache? Get a car with a 3SGTE engine.
    From what I can see, it's LHD and is a US market vehicle. Judging by BaT and eBay prices, it's not overpriced by a longshot. ...by 2023 standards. 20 years ago, you could pick these us cheap. FML.

BRING IT!!! ...But just Simple said, I prolly shouldn't without a lift. Or a spare garage spot. Or lack of coinage.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    From what I can see, it's LHD and is a US market vehicle. Judging by BaT and eBay prices, it's not overpriced by a longshot. ...by 2023 standards. 20 years ago, you could pick these us cheap. FML.
    Oh I missed that when you said JDM

Yes that is a good deal then. Will sell quickly if legit. I've bid on a few and thankfully lost.

Automagic

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Automagic
    It's mislabeled. Pics show a stick. Which makes it suspect IMO. No VIN either.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Well looky there!

It's hard to know if legit or scam, because some people just suck with words. I sold a car to a guy that I thought was ESL from the messages, but turned out to just be illiterate.

The thing I'm finding lately with CL is dealers & flippers pretending to be original owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The thing I'm finding lately with CL is dealers & flippers pretending to be original owners.
    Yup!!! Listed as for sale by owner too. "I'm selling my [fill in the blank car]. It's been a great family car for us. Blah blah blah."
    Then you see a hundred other listings worded the same with the cars posed the same way at the same house or parking lot. It's getting really annoying.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

First thing to do with FB and CL car listings is to do a reverse image search on the listing photos.

Second is search the phone number to see what else is listed.

I should put this in the "Things That Amuse Me" thread. I used to be more annoyed by the stupidity of idiots selling cars online but now I can't help but laugh. At least when I'm not actively in the market. Was looking at a piece of crap beat up '04 Mercedes CLK500 and the ad said "Ran when parked" because of course. Rear tire half submerged into the dirt. Car looks entirely beat to hell but I had to laugh when I saw that the registration sticker expired back in like 2011. Thing's been sitting for like 12 years. They claim it "only needs" a new battery and brakes. Salvage title and these jokers still asking $3500. LMAO! Then they post the KBB private party values that show it as being "worth" like 4-6K like you're getting a really good deal on this one! And yeah, I did a search and you can pick up clean, running examples for around that no problem. And then I had fun venturing into FBM for a second before noping back out of there. People on there STILL be like...

Name:  FBM.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  85.7 KB

Truth. I looked at this 928 recently and at least the seller was upfront that it hadn't ran in over 10 years. Discounted the price to reflect that and they told me it would likely sell quickly. That was 2 months ago and it hasn't sold.

Buyers rarely have any idea what sitting for years does to the fuel system if there was fuel in the tank. It's a disaster. I learned that the hard way in 2020. Wasn't going to do that again with a Bosch engineered 928 even if a few grand less than regular price. I could smell the varnish smell when I opened the hatch.

Truth. I looked at this 928 recently and at least the seller was upfront that it hadn't ran in over 10 years. Discounted the price to reflect that and they told me it would likely sell quickly. That was 2 months ago and it hasn't sold.

Buyers rarely have any idea what sitting for years does to the fuel system if there was fuel in the tank. It's a disaster. I learned that the hard way in 2020. Wasn't going to do that again with a Bosch engineered 928 even if a few grand less than regular price. I could smell the varnish smell when I opened the hatch.
    This scared me out of ever owning a 928, especially one that hasn't be run regularly.

Just LS swap the 928

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Just LS swap the 928
    Sensible, yet sacrilege.
    I still call it The Jake.

Dang. Tough as that probably was to pass that beauty up, you probably made the right call. My S60 sat for only about a year and even THAT was enough to for the gas to go bad. In retrospect, I really shoulda added some fuel stabilizer when I got the car but I waaaaay underestimated how long it would take me to complete the job. Anyway, even with me trying to dilute it with fresh gas as much as I could, it still ran like ass until I ran a couple tanks through there along with some additives to clear out any varnish in the lines.

In the end, it wasn't a huge deal for me to sort out, BUT that was with a car only sitting a year. On an old Porsche, but really any car that's been sitting that long, you're probably looking at replacing a LOT of parts related to the fuel system to get it running right, which is going to be both expensive and a giant PITA. ESPECIALLY on that 928. I haven't done too much wrenching on them when I used to assist the mechanics here and there at the Porsche dealer I worked it, BUT I remember having to get those up on the lift and having to drop the exhaust and a bunch of other crap just to get to like half the stuff under there. Not the worst once you know what you're doing but very time consuming and a lift would be non-negotiable. Sucks cuz it's one of my dream cars. Guess I'm just thankful to have driven a few of 'em at this point.