Page 407 of 419 FirstFirst ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 10471
    I've got a neighbor that bought a house down the street from me probably 5-6 years ago. Day he moved in a truck dropped off a cherry looking black Phaeton with the W12. The guys pushed it by hand into the garage and I've never seen it since.

One day while walking the dog I asked the guy what ever happened to the Phaeton. He said it's still in the garage but he never drives it cause some electrical issue keeps killing the engine and he got tired of towing it to the dealer only to have them spitball some insanely expensive fix for a month only to fail. He asked if I wanted to buy it lol.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    For Alfa, mountain pass and dog lovers:
    Splugen-pass

#namefits

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Some 2000s era oddities that came to mind:

CTS-V Sport Wagon with the 6.1
    Mercedes R63AMG
    Phaeton/Toureg W12
    Passat W8 6MT 4Motion
    Cayenne's with a 6MT
    Pontiac G8 GT and GXP
    Merc Maurader
    I see your Toureg and up you the V10 TDI.
    Also, the GM sister of the G8, the Chevy SS/Caprice PPV

Fuck the Phaeton. Those left the factory broken.

Also, where's gravity? Here's a dustbuster with the un-killable 3800.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134832586493

Look at that marvel of American design and engineering.

I should send that to all the people that shamed my dad for driving Volvos and BMWs instead of the local product when we lived in Michigan.

Drive Excitement indeed.

If I'm saving that thing for the long-term appreciation, I'm looking for a garage in Korea above the 38th parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post

Hard no. In the mid 00s my wife insisted that we buy a used Pontiac Montana. We weren't finding any Siennas in our price range. After struggling to keep it on the road with some costly repairs and not trusting it on the road trips it was purchased for, my wife was enthusiastic about buying our first Sienna. The "I told you so" was silent, in my head. The only good thing about the Montana, and it's main selling point for my wife, was the "three across" middle row that allowed for three child safety seats. That and the bells and whistles. Those all broke off right quick. Fucking disaster. But at least when it was broken and sitting in the driveway, you could still put three child seats in the middle row.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post

Dustbusters were cool but like riser said, the plastics loved to break (did Land Rover learn from them?). If I was going to get one it would have to be the Oldsmobile or the dreaded next gen AWD Aztek

An Oldsmobile over a Pontiac?

Why not see if there's a Saturn or some other defunct GM brand offering?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Hey now , just picked up a Saturn Vue for $500 to hand off to my youngest kid. Probably should have held out for the Asstek .....

Some kid on my dog walking route has one of those Saturn sedans with the pointy front and squared off back end, not a bad looking car for the time, and when I first saw it I was like, holy shit that thing still looks clean! Then I remembered that its entirely made of plastic and plastic can't rust.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Almost every time. There were a few Firebirds and TAs that I'd have a hard time turning down but otherwise Olds, especially for wagons. Someday I will have a Vista Cruiser in my driveway.

There's still some gems out there to be found. Punk rock on wheels right here.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2824619722575/

Are we burning through a lot more starters in this new world of start/stop engines? Feels like a scam from Big Starter.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I always disable ours, as I think it has got to burn them out faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

colin always was a fan of the volvo wagon…

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Are we burning through a lot more starters in this new world of start/stop engines? Feels like a scam from Big Starter.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ford claims the F-150 starter is upgraded in the ASS models to account for increased usage, plus the restart is supposed to be lower-impact because the whole process is optimized for efficiency.

I don't do enough longer drives to keep my battery charged enough for the ASS to kick in, so I don't really have much anecdotal evidence, but I'd be shocked if there was widespread early failure on F-150 starters without Internet uproar.

I think I've replaced one starter in the last 25 years of driving some galactically shitty high mileage vehicles. Something tells me the starter on your brand new F-150 is going to be just fine in the 3 years you own it before you trade it in for the next model.

Another reason why a manual transmission is superior - you can use the starter to get your 84 toyota pickup out of a bad spot when you ran it out of gas again.

The starter would only last a couple months after that abuse, but they were like $40 at the local pep boys so no biggie.

GT3 sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Ford claims the F-150 starter is upgraded in the ASS models to account for increased usage, plus the restart is supposed to be lower-impact because the whole process is optimized for efficiency.

I don't do enough longer drives to keep my battery charged enough for the ASS to kick in, so I don't really have much anecdotal evidence, but I'd be shocked if there was widespread early failure on F-150 starters without Internet uproar.
    Even if it doesn't wear out, the auto start stop is among the most annoying "features" of any vehicle. Disabling it is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Even if it doesn't wear out, the auto start stop is among the most annoying "features" of any vehicle. Disabling it is a must.
    Yup. Had a loaner from the Subaru shop with that. There's no way I'd want to buy a Subaru with that, I can only imagine how will lead to expensive repairs. I already don't trust Subarus off warranty.

The only time I find myself needing to disable the auto stop start is when I need to rip out of a parking lot into traffic. Otherwise I'm waiting for the bitch in front of me to put down her phone anyways and there's plenty of time for the auto start to do it's thing. Y'all sound like a bunch of old stale fucks who probably turned down the iPhone because "I don't want any of that fancy shit, there's just more to break." What's it like living without power seats and air conditioning?

My jeep has a button to turn off the engine start/stop feature, which is nice. What's less nice is that the button has no memory so it resets to the default, you guessed it, on position every time you turn the truck on.

I've got a tazer mini on there to recalibrate for taller tires and it gives the button memory so that I don't have to switch the system off every time I start the damned truck.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    That's been my #2 want since about 1972 or 73 (#1 is a Series III E Type FHC 4spd). This one even has the greatest wheels of all time.

Between stop/start and CVTs there are more new cars that I wouldn't even consider than ones I would.