Page 366 of 428 FirstFirst ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... LastLast
Results 9,126 to 9,150 of 10691
    Where are the wires?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A Jaguar without wires would solve a lot of things.

the mice ate them all

Hahaha

Why are ten year old cars with 150k still selling for close to what they did new? WTF...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    LOL.

After the petit LeMans discussion yesterday I happened upon this article. LeBron James will be the official starter for the 100th annual 24h.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/mot...th-anniversary

Good thing those pesky NBA Finals didn't get in the way.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Hahaha

Why are ten year old cars with 150k still selling for close to what they did new? WTF...
    I traded in a 3 yo Tiguan with 25k miles a while back, and saw it listed on the dealer’s web site for more than I paid for it new. smh

That was during the supply chain problems tho.

I've actually seen a noticeable shift down in CPO prices in the last week or two, specific to the A6 allroad which is the depth of my investigation, but the math is still penciling out to just go new and take the extra two years of warranty instead of hitting that first big service interval sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That was during the supply chain problems tho.
    Supply chain is still messed up in my neck of the woods. All of the "foreign" brands are next door to each other on the same street. Honda and Subaru lots are almost empty. Toyota has a few new trucks, but is mostly used cars. They also have a big sign saying they'll pay cash for your car.

Same here in NJ. I'm thinking it may be on purpose as well. A lot of these car companies are trying to shift their manufacturing to an order only biased model. Gone are the days of rows and rows of new cars in dealer lots.

Order only fucking sucks if it takes months to get your vehicle. If I could get it next Wednesday, that'd be good, mkay?

Hahaha

Because you are looking at Toyotas

No but close. I still kinda want a Honda Fit for work so I've been watching them. There just aren't many manual tranny little cars out there and when they pop up they go for silly prices. I won't buy another cvt so most auto tranny econoboxes are off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Same here in NJ. I'm thinking it may be on purpose as well. A lot of these car companies are trying to shift their manufacturing to an order only biased model. Gone are the days of rows and rows of new cars in dealer lots.
    It is a terrible use of real estate.

Yep, because they figured out they can sell for MSRP if supply is constrained. Dealers are also happy as they can gouge on popular models and skimp on sales staff, since it's just orders and the price is the price.

No but close. I still kinda want a Honda Fit for work so I've been watching them. There just aren't many manual tranny little cars out there and when they pop up they go for silly prices. I won't buy another cvt so most auto tranny econoboxes are off the table.
    So look at Ford Focus and Ford Fiesta. How about a VW Golf? Plenty of small 5 door manual options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    So look at Ford Focus and Ford Fiesta. How about a VW Golf? Plenty of small 5 door manual options out there.
    Fiesta sucks balls compared to a Fit. We looked at them when we were buying back in the day. Focus and Golf are more comparable to Civic than Fit.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Just buy OEM replacement smoke.

Yeah, the local JLR dealer will be a Scooby Doo ghost town four days of the week. Then they get their shipment of everybody’s ordered models that are picked up by the weekend and then it’s back to tumbleweeds.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Fiesta sucks balls compared to a Fit. We looked at them when we were buying back in the day. Focus and Golf are more comparable to Civic than Fit.
    Focus is about $300 to replace the air filter and it's a big pain in the ass, I go through ~2 air filters a year. Fuck that. As mentioned the Fiesta sux, I've rented them because it was the only small thing available and dislike them every time. Golf is a no go, wife won't have a VW in the driveway. I did see a 6spd Elantra the other day but I'm allergic to sedans.

You pay someone to replace the air filter?

Do you have clubs for hands? No offense if you have a disability or something.

Other similar cars include the Corrola hatch and the Scion Im

Curious I just googled changing the air filter on a ford focus and it looks as simple as any other car.

Any other car these days may mean the oil filter is buried under a shit load of dumb shut that needs to be removed to access. Simple!

Geez you guys complain about everything. I have to remove 15 torx bolts to get the Audi drain plug. I have to remove zero to get to the Toyota one. So fucking what? It's just part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Any other car these days may mean the oil filter is buried under a shit load of dumb shut that needs to be removed to access. Simple!
    The video is 4 mins long, and it includes the guy showing the location of the hood release lever.

Geez you guys complain about everything. I have to remove 15 torx bolts to get the Audi drain plug. I have to remove zero to get to the Toyota one. So fucking what? It's just part of the process.
    Yeah, but I have to literally disassemble the entire front end of my Tundra to replace the headlamps. That's a pain in the ass.