Page 327 of 428 FirstFirst ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 10698
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    The encore immediately sold out and has been seen online for upwards of $500 a bottle. Ridiculousness
    See? That's the kind of nonsense I'm talking about. Was at Best Buy a while back and there was a line around the building. I went to check out and asked what was going on. Cashier said they just got a shipment of graphics cards and majority of them were likely scalpers. Store tried their best by making them give e-mails, phone numbers, etc. I guess seeing if they were known scalpers, so kudos to the store, BUT sure enough a ton of them showed up that night on CL anyway at double the price. STILL can't get a PS5 even though it's been out for 2 years, yet CL is completely littered with them. ....dicks

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    How is someone flipping a mall mom Bronco preventing me from going out and finding a decent CR-V that will live through the apocalypse? (which I can in about half a day)
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Bourbon dorks really ruined bourbon for about 7-8 years there.
    For real. Bourbon used to be an affordable thing to have fun exploring.

But I'd like to use an alcohol related analogy to better illustrate my point to I Skied Bandini Mountain:
    "How is someone flipping a bottle of High West Encore preventing me from going out and finding a case of White Claw, which I can totally find at 7-11?" -I Skied Bandini Mountain... probably

You can try to theorize it all you want but mixing a healthy case of entitlement along with crippling ineptitude is never a good thing. YMWV..

I’ve never actually found High West to be anything spectacular- is this following standard crypto rules of “it’s limited supply, it must be good!”?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I’ve never actually found High West to be anything spectacular- is this following standard crypto rules of “it’s limited supply, it must be good!”?
    Yes.

High West is good. But they are high on their own supply.

Give me a 12, 13, or 14 year single malt scotch any day for the same price any day.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    So now I’m just confused as to how manufacturers are so massively mispricing their wares if there is this sort of secondary market action occurring.
    I think some of it is an expectation that they will sort out the supply chain issues any day now and they don't want to totally jack MSRP, especially if the competition doesn't.

My ex ordered a Bronco Sport in 2020, but the time it actually showed up they were selling for $2-$4k more than her ordered price, and we had find another one that was close enough in configuration that someone else had ordered and given up on. I was trying to figure out how to make some money in the process, but the differential wasn't enough to make it worthwhile. If it had been a Badlands, it may have been a different story.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's sorta like a 7 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon sort of thing.
    They added another degree of Kevin Bacon? Damn inflation...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    They added another degree of Kevin Bacon? Damn inflation...
    We should be so lucky.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    A buddy picked up a 2022 Wild Trak Bronco yesterday from the dealer. Today, he has listed it for sale for.............$72,000. It's loaded, but really? Is it really worth more than $50k?

Attachment 429768
    No. The Bronco ship has sailed, unless its a Raptor.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Oh, great. So your buddy's yet another one of those annoying car flipping bastards, eh? I'm getting REALLY sick of this trend of everybody snapping up vehicles simply to resell. Screw ALL of 'em. Makes it impossible for the rest of us who might want something to actually USE. Not just vehicles these days either. It's tractors. It's computer parts. It's PS5's. This crap is rampant. /rant
    A lot of these flippers are stuck with cars. 992 GT3 is one that comes to mind.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Oh, good! Hopefully this trend is slowing down then. It's been out of control these last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Notice. That's why I specified vehicles that are "halfway INTERESTING." Now if you want some boring CR-V or other dime-a-dozen CUV, then sure. You can find them all day long. Not what I was in the market for. All the best stuff these days is being fought over, but half that battle is likely because of a-hole speculators snatching them up as fast as the factories can crank 'em out. I'm getting tired of seeing CL ads for "used" Teslas that are 30K over sticker, only have like 100 miles on them and still even have the paper temporary tags on them. Always photos of the same houses too, so you know these asswipes are just buying them over and over again.
    Entitled much? The car community has been shrinking for a while, and capitalism ensures low volume products must be expensive to offset development investment.
    Sorry your brown turbodiesel wagon doesn't come used from the dealer.

No. The Bronco ship has sailed, unless its a Raptor.
    They're like the automotive version of Beanie Babies.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Wingless? (Fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They're like the automotive version of Beanie Babies.
    Bwah.

That's good to hear, hopefully that means we'll see separation in the used/new/demo market a year or two from now when I'll be looking. I've been a big believer in dealer demos and finding one with the options I like and about 5k miles on them has made the buys no-brainers. Nowadays as we all know, you may as well just go new in many cases (someone one here was recently looking at a A6 Allroad - the vehicle I'll likely be targeting - and another helpful mag pointed out that the difference between the used Allroad and a new one with a Costco discount was only like $5k. No brainer.

Re: Nissan - yeah I don't purposefully look at them, but they are fucking EVERYWHERE down here. So much so that they have taken on entire memes, reddit threads and running jokes (seriously, go ahead and google it, the rabbit hole of Altima memes is endless - and accurate); the most dangerous car here in town used to be anything Mopar, now its a beat to shit Altima with "TAG APPLIED FOR" written on the paper license plate doing 95 down any given street.
    That was me with the A6 Allroad search. There are exactly 16 used for sale in the country right now. If you take the one I want we may have to throw hands. Just saying.

We had Nissan rental cars on a work trip recently

hey bobby -

could you please look up this 2020 tacoma? thanks very much

5TFCZ5AN5LX217985

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    That was me with the A6 Allroad search. There are exactly 16 used for sale in the country right now. If you take the one I want we may have to throw hands. Just saying.
    There was one supposedly on the lot at Jim Ellis Audi here in ATL when I went in the other day. It was gone the same day it was listed.

I’d hate to have to scrap over a car with a mag so I’ll keep you posted on my search.

There was one supposedly on the lot at Jim Ellis Audi here in ATL when I went in the other day. It was gone the same day it was listed.

I’d hate to have to scrap over a car with a mag so I’ll keep you posted on my search.
    No worries man. I’m a rock, paper, scissors kinda guy.

But if you get one, I’d love to hear how negotiations went. I’ll be looking early into next year.

Bobby, you may have some new customers coming your way soon. On my way up to the mountains for a drive today I passed two white Aventadors one jammed up the backside of the other. Must have been instagramming right up to the moment of impact.

Bobby, any chance you can check JF2SH6CC6AH733667 ?

Thank you

Popped on my FB marketplace feed. I bet this restored would be $$$ on BAT

Bobby's used car lot and Free Carfax

Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    hey bobby -

could you please look up this 2020 tacoma? thanks very much

5TFCZ5AN5LX217985
    When conv and thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Popped on my FB marketplace feed. I bet this restored would be $$$ on BAT

Resto mod it with an electric motor. Leave the patina.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Resto mod it with an electric motor. Leave the patina.
    That would be a very cool project.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk