Page 308 of 428 FirstFirst ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 10679
    Have we identified what the ultimate long-term car is for the 50-70 year old who wants that cool factor? Can't scream money. Has to be reasonably reliable. Anything that looks good with a patina would qualify. Japanese is ruled out due to lack of cool. Go!

New or pre-owned?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's just a different lifestyle to the 120K mi rusted out Subaru culture we've embraced here on TGRz. I welcome and embrace all lifestyles.
    The Challenger/Charger culture is a very real thing here. Shit, just look at the meme posted all of one page ago.

There's no fewer than 3 well-known websites/IG pages here that have long-running jokes about the two car cultures most associated with crime and trouble and general hell-raising. The Challenger/Charger group, and the beat to shit Nissan Altima with "tag applied for" crudely written on a paper license plate doing 95mph in the slow lane. I'm an ardent believer the Altima is the most dangerous car on the road, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Have we identified what the ultimate long-term car is for the 50-70 year old who wants that cool factor? Can't scream money. Has to be reasonably reliable. Anything that looks good with a patina would qualify. Japanese is ruled out due to lack of cool. Go!
    The answer, as always, is a 911.
    I still call it The Jake.

New or pre-owned?
    Sure.

You're gonna own it for >10 year so new, used doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

The answer, as always, is a 911.
    Can't scream money. Should probably add that it would be great if it was reasonably practical.

Perhaps the answer is in the wagon thread.

Can't scream money. Should probably add that it would be great if it was reasonably practical.

Perhaps the answer is in the wagon thread.
    You can find a reasonable mileage 996 for <$30,000. If you're terrified about the low failure rate of the IMS you can spend a grand on the solution and have a very reliable, fun, and classic 300hp/300ftlb car.

Or, as you point out, a RS6AvantWithaBox.

I'll throw another idea out. I can tolerate owning a boring, reliable car if I have a sexy bike in the stable to ride on weekends and holidays.

Perhaps a Toyota and one of these?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panigale-V4-MY22-Model-Preview-1050x650-v06.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	419.0 KB 
ID:	424080

The Challenger/Charger culture is a very real thing here. Shit, just look at the meme posted all of one page ago.

There's no fewer than 3 well-known websites/IG pages here that have long-running jokes about the two car cultures most associated with crime and trouble and general hell-raising. The Challenger/Charger group, and the beat to shit Nissan Altima with "tag applied for" crudely written on a paper license plate doing 95mph in the slow lane. I'm an ardent believer the Altima is the most dangerous car on the road, bar none.
    You in ATL? Haha. Same phenomenon is equally true for Dallas and Houston as well. LMAO. Chargers are SUPER popular around there. Although, I must say. I'm kind of sad to see the trend of the donks, boxes, and bubbles in decline. Always got a good chuckle out of those.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

I'll throw another idea out. I can tolerate owning a boring, reliable car if I have a sexy bike in the stable to ride on weekends and holidays.

My buddy did that when his 2 seat fun car couldn't hold the expanding family. So, Toyota Sienna and a Super Duke.

Or Toyota+cayman/boxster.
    Practical+performance= $$$$ as ut not only has a healthy market, but needs additional things to have performance compensations for the sensibility.
    That's why I have a minivan and a BRZ. Fun times are very fun and I don't sacrifice utility.
    If you don't have the garage/driveway space, really any of the M/RS/caddy v series or a Porsche are good options.

I will say that the above comment of "can't scream money" but also can't be Japanese means you want it to scream a medium amount of money.

Any minivan
    watch out for snakes

As I've been looking for a used car and learning all of these foibles out there, cars like the Caddy V's (and quite a few others) are starting to be a hassle to find some parts for. Front bumper covers are a big one and insurance companies are totalling cars that get bumped in parking lots when that, the grill and the stuff behind it gets ruined. I found some really nice Magnum RT AWD at great prices that needed front bumpers and grills.

Pick your flavor of Volvo. Doesn't scream money (even though they're more expensive than many cars that do).

My buddy did that when his 2 seat fun car couldn't hold the expanding family. So, Toyota Sienna and a Super Duke.

That's a beautiful compromise!!! Taking notes. Since cars have been so expensive, I have floated the idea to my wife of getting another crotch rocket since they're still reasonably affordable. Earlier in our marriage, she was against the idea (with good reason from her past), but she's surprisingly warmed up to the idea as of late. The stipulations are I have to finish up all my current car projects, get her a newer wagon, and lastly, pay for it with fun money I save up. Hey, wait a sec. I see what she did there! She knows it ain't gonna be for a while. Lol. It's all good. Still. A very appealing notion. I miss riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Pick your flavor of Volvo. Doesn't scream money (even though they're more expensive than many cars that do).
    That's what I love about them! They're super nice without being showy about it. They're the "walk softly and carry a big stick" of the luxury car world. The antithesis of the leased base model BMW 328i owner who thinks they're hawt shit.

Nice! The throttle on those is connected to a winch that lifts the front wheel. The ultimate hooligan bike.

Austin, it helps if you have a solid term life policy. I've got a $1MM policy and my wife lets me do whatever I want.

...it helps if you have a solid term life policy. I've got a $1MM policy and my wife encourages me do whatever I want.
    FIFY

Any Audi S model and definitely so if an RS model.

Some people would say any M model BMW but they are wrong. AMG is a no because lack of AWD.

The Volvo people need their heads checked.

hasnt it been a Tesla for a few years? That “I’m trying so hard to be cool” thing

Nice! The throttle on those is connected to a winch that lifts the front wheel. The ultimate hooligan bike.

Austin, it helps if you have a solid term life policy. I've got a $1MM policy and my wife lets me do whatever I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    FIFY
    LMAO. You guys are hilarious. Still taking notes tho. Solid advice.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    hasnt it been a Tesla for a few years? That “I’m trying so hard to be cool” thing
    Driving an iPad isn't cool.

They will try and tell you differently. And yes, they will tell you. But these are the same people that weren't into driving before they got a Tesla, and likely came from a Prius.

Lexus. So you can still have a Toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Lexus. So you can still have a Toyota.
    Mazderati's GS F is pretty fucking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Any Audi S model and definitely so if an RS model.
    ^^
    This joker gets it

Mercedes AMG E63 S wagon