Page 341 of 428 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 10679
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I see this pretty often Attachment 444434 It's a Callaway twin turbo 7. something beastly 6 wheeler
    It says Hennessey on it. Like mine.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of garbage you guys are looking at,
    Like bees to amber

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7417.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	444465

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Like bees to amber

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7417.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	444465
    Again, seen here in its natural state.

Now, where’s the pic of a Jaaaag in the pitch dark?
    I still call it The Jake.

She's a beauty, Clark.

That'll be on Mecum Kissimmee after the dents get hammered out and after an Earl Scheib paint job with stick-on Armstrong vinyl floor tiles slapped on the sides. Some fat dude in a motorized wheelchair will buy it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    She's a beauty, Clark.

That'll be on Mecum Kissimmee after the dents get hammered out and after an Earl Scheib paint job with stick-on Armstrong vinyl floor tiles slapped on the sides. Some fat dude in a motorized wheelchair will buy it.
    This is exactly my experience of having the Mecum auction on TV the other week when no other sports or remotely entertaining shit was on. Old fucks in wheelchairs mouthing their gums over American muscle that never hit their absurd reserve amounts and shitty nostalgia grabs like the revived Thunderbird.

Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    It says Hennessey on it. Like mine.

Oops that's what I meant to type was Hennessy

I see this pretty often Attachment 444434 It's a Callaway twin turbo 7. something beastly 6 wheeler
    What, no dually's? That thing needs four more tires in the ass end or bro ain't got cred.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Elon is going to clean up with his bulletproof cybershit at 10% of the cost.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This is exactly my experience of having the Mecum auction on TV the other week when no other sports or remotely entertaining shit was on. Old fucks in wheelchairs mouthing their gums over American muscle that never hit their absurd reserve amounts and shitty nostalgia grabs like the revived Thunderbird.

Gross.

This week we have Barrett-Jackson. The warm up days to Sat are interesting. Lots of garbage, then every so often something interesting. A mid 70's Chevelle with fake SS badges will hammer out for 30K, then the low mile fried egg headlight Porsche 911 just behind it will hammer for 28K. I'm thinking, even if the IMS bearing is kaputt and bores are slightly scored I'll take the smoking and leaking Porsche.

Going back to inventory, I'm not seeing much up here in the fourth corner. Not that I'm looking, but all the car dealers in this burg that aren't the big three pickups are on the same street, and Toyota, Honda, and Subaru still have more pavement showing than parked cars. When I went to the Toyota parts counter two weeks ago, they had a total of five new vehicles on the lot.

I'm not sure what kind of garbage you guys are looking at, but the wife and I have been shopping for mid size three row SUV's for about 6 months. The supply is good, and the prices are definitely coming back down. If you're looking for some POS in the $2K range, maybe it's different. I'm certainly not going to make an assumption on the used car market by looking at useless niche Toyota's on BAT, or shitbox minivans on Craigslist.
    Well, not all of us are in the market for ginormous triple-row blob-mobiles, which have been as commonplace in the US as fat people in an Alabama Wal-Mart. No surprise there's decent supply of them. Go look for a reasonably priced economy car and the story is different. I guess base model Civics are considered "niche" these days, though?

The good stuff, cars coming off lease, aren't really showing up in force. Something like 80% of leases are being bought out not turned in.
    You're not wrong. Leasing, or rather the lack thereof, is definitely a factor in what's going on. Gone are the enticing Lease pricing schemes of old. Dealers have slim enough inventory as it is, so they're just not running the incentives they used to. And when lease payments are darn near what a car payment would be, along with cars not depreciating as hard as they used to, there's not much reason to any more unless it's for business purposes. This in turn has had the effect of lease vehicles not flooding the market like they did in the past. Leases were a big driver in cheap BMWs and other luxury brands, but not nearly as much anymore. I suspect this effect will linger for a while longer until inventory fully catches up to pre-pandemic levels. makes you wonder if manufacturers have any incentive to, though. They're probably going to be leery of cranking out vehicles like they did before. Especially with ongoing supply chain issues.

That all said, wholesale auction houses are having all sorts of drama right now. TONS of no-sale events with dealers stacking up on inventory behind the scenes, but resisting wanting to auction off at lower prices. Apparently many are finding themselves upside-down on a lot of their trades they paid too much for. They're going to have to cave at some point before auction fees start stacking up too much. Expect the tide to turn in the not too distant future. I expect a downturn alright, but not a crazy nosedive. Hopefully leases start making a comeback and eventually start re-entering the marketplace in force like the good ol' days.

I don't feel sorry for the dealership that gave me too much at trade on the POS Buick.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Well, not all of us are in the market for ginormous triple-row blob-mobiles, which have been as commonplace in the US as fat people in an Alabama Wal-Mart. No surprise there's decent supply of them. Go look for a reasonably priced economy car and the story is different. I guess base model Civics are considered "niche" these days, though?
    Cool story, bro. I have plenty of soulful vehicles, but unlike yours, mine all run. The wife wants a practical vehicle, she gets a practical vehicle and I get laid. Unlike high school, it won't be in the back of a shit box Civic.

Speaking of Buick, remember just a couple years ago you could buy a new, fully loaded TourX wagon for just at $20k and probably less with all the giveaways?

That was some wild shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Speaking of Buick, remember just a couple years ago you could buy a new, fully loaded TourX wagon for just at $20k and probably less with all the giveaways?

That was some wild shit.
    Was talking to my brother about the prior TourX "giveaways" this weekend. Not anymore; he was trying to get a friend into one and they're all $25-30K for modestly used options

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/lt/2...EaAmNNEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Was talking to my brother about the prior TourX "giveaways" this weekend. Not anymore; he was trying to get a friend into one and they're all $25-30K for modestly used options

Spit take. Holy shit. Regal I had was a fucking turd. Not a TourX wagon.

For $25k I went with a new Impreza 5door. No way I was spending that on a used POS in the market as of August '22.

Holy shit! Every single one of those on that page was $20k brand spankin new (slaps roof) in April/May 2020. Now they've got 30k on the clock, a bunch of farts in the seat and they went up in price $9k?!?

What the fuck indeed. Put this on the Montuckyfried Index.

To be fair, Carvana is generally overpriced. Probably more so now that they're circling the drain.

Man, I remember that. At the time, I was SO pissed I was not in a place financially to buy one even at firesale prices. I looked them up online recently too and couldn't believe how they've somehow gone UP in price, buuuut...

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Spit take. Holy shit. Regal I had was a fucking turd. Not a TourX wagon.
    With how much you hated your Regal, perhaps I dodged a bullet? Haha

Cool story, bro. I have plenty of soulful vehicles, but unlike yours, mine all run. The wife wants a practical vehicle, she gets a practical vehicle and I get laid. Unlike high school, it won't be in the back of a shit box Civic.
    I don't see any practicality in 3 row SUVs, I see bloated, overweight, shitty mpg bricks. It took me 25 years to convince my wife that minivans are practical and socially acceptable and after a few episodes where we would've had to rent something she understands and grudgingly agrees. Practical is an AWD hybrid Sienna or Pacifica and if I had the $$ I'd be in a new one of those. I also need an econobox and we have something small, manual and silly fun in the works for this spring.

we have something small, manual and silly fun in the works for this spring.
    A Miata?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    To be fair, Carvana is generally overpriced. Probably more so now that they're circling the drain.
    For sure, but the big picture is that the giveaway cars (sorta the same with Alltracks pre-pandemic) have skyrocketed in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    A Miata?
    Gray market GR Yaris?