Page 220 of 428 FirstFirst ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 10698
    Would you get an off lease Jag F Pace? My wife is falling for them and it looks like we may land in a bit of $$ soon so that's what she's honing in on. We need to rejigger the vehicles in the driveway because they're falling apart so that's what she wants. I prefer the V6 Supercharged ones but I don't think that matters to her. Are they reliable? Would you choose it over, say, a brand new CX5 or a few year old Cayenne? I think I'd pay to have one shipped from the SW somewhere to avoid the inevitable northeast rust.

e type or no type......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	273947CC-3FFD-4C47-B4D1-E995A8730EBA.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	595.5 KB 
ID:	339212

fuckin’ fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Would you get an off lease Jag F Pace? My wife is falling for them and it looks like we may land in a bit of $$ soon so that's what she's honing in on. We need to rejigger the vehicles in the driveway because they're falling apart so that's what she wants. I prefer the V6 Supercharged ones but I don't think that matters to her. Are they reliable? Would you choose it over, say, a brand new CX5 or a few year old Cayenne? I think I'd pay to have one shipped from the SW somewhere to avoid the inevitable northeast rust.
    Jag without a warranty? Ha, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    e type or no type......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	273947CC-3FFD-4C47-B4D1-E995A8730EBA.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	595.5 KB 
ID:	339212

fuckin’ fact.
    Haha yeah well... Series II or II E Type FHC has been my #1 want since I was a kid. Someday.

@schuss I was kind of thinking that a third party extended would be necessary unless we find one she wants as a CPO at a Jag dealer but those might be a bit more pricey than she would go for.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 09-07-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling

The Cayenne is a much better vehicle. Jag interiors are cheap imo.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I'll also say that my wife recently did a spin through most of the luxury SUV realm and F Pace was in the bottom bin terms of her list.

^^ Good to know. Did she say why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    The Cayenne is a much better vehicle. Jag interiors are cheap imo.
    I think so too but this one will be totally up to her, I only get a little bit of input. I was wondering about that, we haven't actually gone and looked at them in person yet. Feel free to let me know if something really great shows up

^^ Good to know. Did she say why?

I think so too but this one will be totally up to her, I only get a little bit of input. I was wondering about that, we haven't actually gone and looked at them in person yet. Feel free to let me know if something really great shows up
    Weird internal position for driving (window sills are apparently very high), reasonably boring driving experience and meh interior.
    If you like tech+interior - Volvo
    If you want more driving experience - sedan or wagon (or maybe pony up for a macan? That said SQ5 was also blandish driving feel).
    Didn't get any seat time in Mercedes (dealer here sucks) or Porsche (didn't want to be tempted).

Thanks for the insight. The interior is probably more important to her than mechanicals or handling with (perceived) safety being the top of the list. Volvo is also high on her list because - safety and simple, clean looking inside and out.

On a different note - Because my car is currently dead and needs a new (used) engine I'm looking at spending a bunch of money on a car that's not worth much more than it will cost to fix it with a motor I can't really know the history of so I'm pretty sure I don't want to go there even though I really like the car. I've been looking around and keep landing on stuff like the LR3 SE/HSE, are they any more reliable and better than the Disco they replaced? What I really need is a minivan so the interior height is appealing, I just don't really like minivans so...

A guy I work with leased a brand new 2020 Titan Pro-4X for 600 a month with 500 down...

Strong deal for a 60k truck.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

I don't even like to drive a VW off warranty, why would I willingly drive a British car off warranty?

Haha! Yeah I get it, just wondering how bad or good it could be. Is there such a thing as a good third party/aftermarket warranty that's worth getting? As I look around different things pop up and pique my interest. Yesterday an 05 4Runner with 105k for $5k showed up that I thought was interesting but seems too cheap.

5k is way low for a 105k mile 4Runner.

The F Pace is well known as probably the least reliable of any nice SUV. Like my XF of old (loved that car though, but ONLY the V8 version), the electronics are best described as Victorian era - take forever, are often glitchy, GPS can't find its ass with both hands +++).
    In any consumer review it ALWAYS comes in last, although sometimes that paragon of reliability the Alfa Stelvio challenges it for the basement rating.
    Had two recent SQ5's due to company offerings and enjoyed them, particularly the snarly engine, but otherwise couldn't understand how the car was "worth" $75k.
    Dream of a done up Macan turbo, but it's almost $100k the way I want. Never seen anyone like Porsche who can price every-single-thin as an option.
    Went through the whole SUV thing, and ultimitely liked the MB GLC the best as a decent "value". Done up right it's about $50k. The CX5 with the turbo is a viable alternative if you don't need the flashy nameplate, really nice in and out, but trying to get the red with white interior combo that's absolutely titties is essentially impossible.

Bobby's used car lot and Free Carfax

Have owned several SUVs and drove many of them while shopping. Came away with the view that 3-5year old Cayenne’s are hard to beat. Unmatched handling, fair enough tech, quality interior, best seat position, and that vault cabin feeling. I’m hooked

Can do all my own routine maintenance on it so far. Recommend Fidelity on warranty and have a discount agent to provide mags

The LR3/LR4 are more German than British and I think they're surprisingly decent.

Air bags and the odd electronics might be an issue but otherwise they're reasonable.

Parts availability/cost could be a challenge though.

They're really nice rigs, I'd do some digging in the LR forums.

Wifey sold the 2013 XC60 T6 milf mobile, and we'll be getting a new awd smaller grocery getter in the next couple days. Need a real estate agent car, but not too dooshy for the market. Unfortunately that means no Cayenne. Looking at a 2018-20 X1 or X2 w/ 5-20,000 miles ( and there's a shit ton of them around ), but a loaded 2018 RX 350 with 50,000 and a good price is tempting.

Never owned a BMW before, had a 2011 RX 350 and it was solid but a little boring. The X1/X2 are fun but does that outweigh the unknown?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Wifey sold the 2013 XC60 T6 milf mobile, and we'll be getting a new awd smaller grocery getter in the next couple days. Need a real estate agent car, but not too dooshy for the market. Unfortunately that means no Cayenne. Looking at a 2018-20 X1 or X2 w/ 5-20,000 miles ( and there's a shit ton of them around ), but a loaded 2018 RX 350 with 50,000 and a good price is tempting.

Never owned a BMW before, had a 2011 RX 350 and it was solid but a little boring. The X1/X2 are fun but does that outweigh the unknown?
    RX350s are hard to beat. I suppose a Macan is out of the question?

X1-2s you're paying for the badge. I'd do Volvo or just a nicer toyota/honda/etc for CUV, no point in paying for the luxury markup

5k is way low for a 105k mile 4Runner.
    That's what I was thinking too but as I look there are quite a few early 2000's for well under $10k. There's just as many late 90's to 2005 LandCruisers for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolie12 View Post
    The F Pace is well known as probably the least reliable of any nice SUV. Like my XF of old (loved that car though, but ONLY the V8 version), the electronics are best described as Victorian era - take forever, are often glitchy, GPS can't find its ass with both hands +++).
    In any consumer review it ALWAYS comes in last, although sometimes that paragon of reliability the Alfa Stelvio challenges it for the basement rating.
    Had two recent SQ5's due to company offerings and enjoyed them, particularly the snarly engine, but otherwise couldn't understand how the car was "worth" $75k.
    Dream of a done up Macan turbo, but it's almost $100k the way I want. Never seen anyone like Porsche who can price every-single-thin as an option.
    Went through the whole SUV thing, and ultimitely liked the MB GLC the best as a decent "value". Done up right it's about $50k. The CX5 with the turbo is a viable alternative if you don't need the flashy nameplate, really nice in and out, but trying to get the red with white interior combo that's absolutely titties is essentially impossible.
    Well that's a rousing endorsement I can appreciate that. Thanx.

Uggh, I hate when this happens, I start looking and the rabbit hole opening gets wider and wider... I think I'm going to nudge her towards a used Cayenne or a new CX5. But now I'm in that zone where I don't know what to do for myself. I need to back off for a few days and rejigger my thinking.

That's what I was thinking too but as I look there are quite a few early 2000's for well under $10k. There's just as many late 90's to 2005 LandCruisers for the same price.

Well that's a rousing endorsement I can appreciate that. Thanx.

Uggh, I hate when this happens, I start looking and the rabbit hole opening gets wider and wider... I think I'm going to nudge her towards a used Cayenne or a new CX5. But now I'm in that zone where I don't know what to do for myself. I need to back off for a few days and rejigger my thinking.
    Mazda just announced some outstanding deals on CX-5's - 60m no interest loans and 3 months without payment - for a desireable vehicle that's pretty good. I rent 30-40 times a year in "normal" times, and if there was a CX5, even non-turbo, I usually would grab it, certainly over American offerings, although I did like the Ford Edge every now and then.

Cayennes are certainly uber-diserable, but I would hate to think what would be the case if it needs service. They stay stupid expensive used too. Drive one first though, with the base engine, the Porsche magic disappears. Wanted a Panamera and drove a base - asked the sales dweeb "is this one broke?" - Nope, that's the way the base engines are.

RX350s are hard to beat. I suppose a Macan is out of the question?
    Yeah, no Porsche in the plans. Love to get a 2018-20 XC 60 or 40 but they're hens teeth anywhere it seems.

She's a dirt merchant so there has to be some badging, but nothing ostentatious or stupid. I can't talk her into a SQ5.

Got one and a question: JTJHT00WX53549223

This looks to be a hail salvage vehicle. It's a 2005 LX470 and priced pretty low but still has not moved which may be the biggest red flag of all. I don't really care too much about the damage- this is going to be a toy for fire roads and road trips. I would not look twice at a flood or collision salvage, but is a hail salvage just as risky? I'd like to think I would drive it into the ground, but I have not had a project in a while so if it gets too frustrating I could end up dumping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    Got one and a question: JTJHT00WX53549223

This looks to be a hail salvage vehicle. It's a 2005 LX470 and priced pretty low but still has not moved which may be the biggest red flag of all. I don't really care too much about the damage- this is going to be a toy for fire roads and road trips. I would not look twice at a flood or collision salvage, but is a hail salvage just as risky? I'd like to think I would drive it into the ground, but I have not had a project in a while so if it gets too frustrating I could end up dumping it.

Sold salvage in May for $4100.

https://salvagecars.biz/cars/lexus/l...x53549223.html

Already sold out of our allocations.