Page 239 of 428 FirstFirst ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 10691
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Thinking about this since I keep a car for 10yrs +, I'm reaching the end of the current family trucksters lifespan and this generation of gas powered cars may be regulated out of existence anyway by the time my next buying cycles comes around, therefore I'd like to get the fastest SUV made under $100K. I figure either these last gen gas cars are gonna retain some value or be worth $0 in ~10 yrs so fuck depreciation. I don't want used. A short list, but this pops up...

Attachment 393153

Ballsy, carbon fiber driveshaft. Should I?
    not a chance.
    that said, with a $100k budget I'd look at the Macan Turbo. That's a beauty compact SUV and hauls ass.

I know you like to live on the edge of automotive good reasoning, Timber, but yeah, I'd have to say add the Cayenne Turbo to the list if its not already there. That thing goes like absolute stink and believe it or not but Porsche is the most reliable manufacturer out there these days.

Sure, it's not the motoring equivalent of sprezzatura that you may get with the Stelvio, but at least you won't be pestering Giuseppe at the Maseralphafiat dealer to chase down that electronic gremlin between smoke breaks.
    I still call it The Jake.

It's a bit slow and underpowered this Macan. The Cayenne is breaching the $100K mark by $30K Bmills.

Macan Turbo 434HP @4430# 0-60 4.1secs, AR 505HP @4313# 0-60 3.6secs.

Pretty much the same price the two, but Porsche is like BMW, they suck you in on a Base price and then if you want any options its ka-ching town. The AR is really light on the option sheet extras.

I guess the only way is to make an appointment to test drive both--if I can find a car dealer that's doing that.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

It's a bit slow and underpowered this Macan. The Cayenne is breaching the $100K mark by $30K Bmills.

Macan Turbo 434HP @4430# 0-60 4.1secs, AR 505HP @4313# 0-60 3.6secs.

Pretty much the same price the two, but Porsche is like BMW, they suck you in on a Base price and then if you want any options its ka-ching town. The AR is really light on the option sheet extras.

I guess the only way is to make an appointment to test drive both--if I can find a car dealer that's doing that.
    You know who to call.

Does he deal with $85K cars? That's a few option sheet add-ons in his world, no?

Does he deal with $85K cars? That's a few option sheet add-ons in his world, no?
    It is, but he also hooks us up with solid car buying advice on $4,000 crapcan Subarus on their 3rd owner, and smoked meats.

Surely he'd be worth reaching out to given the long-term prospects of your soon-to-be new car relationship.

At the very least I'm positive he could recommend a carbon fiber cupholder or two to go with it.

It would match the carbon fiber driveshaft.
    Ok Bobby, what's the 411 on this thing?

old news to most here I'm sure, but now that I'm shopping ... the used market is BONKERS these days. Jesus ...

Super bonkers. I sold a car for well over KBB lately. Someone questioned the asking price and I laughed when I sold it in an hour on CL

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    It's a nice car just sitting there.

Attachment 393157
    Thats a regular Stelvio with a I4. The other one is a Quadrifoglio with a 505hp V6. Completely different car and really fast.

Also about 85k MSRP compared with 55k. We sell Alfas, but the Quadrifoglios are typically hard to get.

I've got one red one that's 91k. I can ask the Alfa guy what he will sell it for.

Im pretty sure this is the fastest SUV on the Nurburgring.
    Alfa Romeo Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio 7:51.70 2017 Watch Onboard
    BMW BMW M4 7:52.00 2015
    Lamborghini Lamborghini Gallardo 7:52.00 2003
    Ford Ford GT 7:52.00 2004
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 11-19-2021 at 06:36 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    old news to most here I'm sure, but now that I'm shopping ... the used market is BONKERS these days. Jesus ...
    Now is really not the time to buy a car. Or anything really.

I decided to redo my kitchen and build a new deck. That was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Super bonkers. I sold a car for well over KBB lately. Someone questioned the asking price and I laughed when I sold it in an hour on CL
    I bought a GX460 three months ago (from a dealer, not wholesale) and just sold it to Carvana for 4500 more than I paid.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Which one will have higher resale value in 10y?
    10 year old Rolls are not that sound of an investment.

That GT4 RS is most likely the last of the NA engines for that car.

I have a 2008 Range Rover with 265K and a broken console fridge right now.
    That's not a real RR, more of a gussied up LR3

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Thats a regular Stelvio with a I4. The other one is a Quadrifoglio with a 505hp V6. Completely different car and really fast.

Also about 85k MSRP compared with 55k. We sell Alfas, but the Quadrifoglios are typically hard to get.

I've got one red one that's 91k. I can ask the Alfa guy what he will sell it for.

Im pretty sure this is the fastest SUV on the Nurburgring.
    Alfa Romeo Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio 7:51.70 2017 Watch Onboard
    BMW BMW M4 7:52.00 2015
    Lamborghini Lamborghini Gallardo 7:52.00 2003
    Ford Ford GT 7:52.00 2004
    Holy shit, quicker than an M4!?!

Timberridge, I think in this case it’s completely accurate to say “get the red one”. That’s hot.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Timberridge, I think in this case it’s completely accurate to say “get the red one”. That’s hot.
    Quicker than a (2004) Ford GT too.
    I just cant get around those wheels. They're kinda awful.

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 6.31.05 AM.png
Views: 256
Size:  109.8 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Thanks Bobby you can pm me. I'll pass that pic along to the lady of the manor to see if red would work--we were thinking of another color besides red but ya never know . Is that a '21 or '22?

My thinking was to get along with the Range thru ski season and order the Alfa for a late Mar-Early April delivery so it doesn't have to endure a season of salted roads.
    I could plan a trip down to Music City in spring to pick one up as Jr wants to look at Vandy and some other schools 'round those parts. Can you ask the Alfa guy what delivery times are like? LR dealer by me was quoting 5 mos for a Defender.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Quicker than a (2004) Ford GT too.
    I just cant get around those wheels. They're kinda awful.

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's easily solved with a quick trip over to Aldo for some gold 22's and undercarriage LED lighting...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That's not a real RR, more of a gussied up LR3
    Noted. I just checked the odo last night after it came back from the shop with it's new snow tires...278K...

I just hung this on the garage wall in front of it. We're going for 300K.

Name:  2293_source_1583353759.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  73.7 KB

Thanks Bobby you can pm me. I'll pass that pic along to the lady of the manor to see if red would work--we were thinking of another color besides red but ya never know . Is that a '21 or '22?

My thinking was to get along with the Range thru ski season and order the Alfa for a late Mar-Early April delivery so it doesn't have to endure a season of salted roads.
    I could plan a trip down to Music City in spring to pick one up as Jr wants to look at Vandy and some other schools 'round those parts. Can you ask the Alfa guy what delivery times are like? LR dealer by me was quoting 5 mos for a Defender.
    Made a Defender reservation at end of August for an existing production slot, and after multiple delays it’s been built and I am allegedly getting it on Christmas Eve. Told the wife to have a giant ribbon ready so we can look obnoxious to the neighbors.

Nice congrats! What color did you get? That's still in the running as the next car but I'm thinking something different might be nice.

I'll say with all the shit Land Rover gets regarding reliability, we've been very happy with our purchase. I drove the car back from the shop last night and was thinking how great the Jag 4.4 engine is. It's just a sweet powertrain. The small niggles over the years haven't spoiled the ownership experience. and our has been all over the place, from wading streams on class 4 roads in VT to long road trips.

Most cars today are a collection of subassemblies from a few major mfgrs which I think sorta evens the playing field reliability wise across the marques.

That's easily solved with a quick trip over to Aldo for some gold 22's and undercarriage LED lighting...

Noted. I just checked the odo last night after it came back from the shop with it's new snow tires...278K...

Godspeed, Rover.

Timber, if you pick up a new Quadrifoglio from Bobby we expect a TR. That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Made a Defender reservation at end of August for an existing production slot, and after multiple delays it’s been built and I am allegedly getting it on Christmas Eve. Told the wife to have a giant ribbon ready so we can look obnoxious to the neighbors.
    Make it a December to Remember.

Godspeed, Rover.

Timber, if you pick up a new Quadrifoglio from Bobby we expect a TR. That would be sweet.
    Certainly. The only thing I'd worry about is having him upsell me to the Roller or GT4. Dude's a damn good salesman as we all know. Must resist.

Ask yourself, are you a Cullinan kind of man?

Haha sorry I had to do it. After spending (too much) time on Rover groups and forums that's the standard answer the Brits throw at anyone not in a L322 or 405. I'd say at 278k you're in the running for highest mileage on a RR but yeah, the Jag engines are the shit and surprisingly reliable for a British car part.

Nice congrats! What color did you get? That's still in the running as the next car but I'm thinking something different might be nice.
    Was leaning green/white but then they started pushing out custom orders by months so took an existing Eiger Grey order.

Very classy. Congrats and enjoy!