Page 364 of 428 FirstFirst ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 10698
    I definitely made the right call. I'll stick to having a matchbox car version and my marriage intact

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I definitely made the right call. I'll stick to having a matchbox car version and my marriage intact
    Haha. Most likely. Don't get me wrong. Id still buy one but it would have to be one helluva good deal to compensate for my time and frustration to deal with it. Like you said, a few grand ain't gonna cut it on this one. When the seller of my S60 was asking too much, I said "being that it's not running and all, I have no idea what ELSE could be going on. I just have to take your word for it. What if trans is going bad or there's electrical issues. That's a big gamble." We disagreed on numbers so I gave him a couple weeks of not selling the car and we connected again and it all worked out. Perhaps all is not lost with this Porsche? Or maybe another one. Hopefully the asinine used Porsche market is starting to soften. I'm seeing other quasi-classics come back down to earth lately.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Haha. Most likely. Don't get me wrong. Id still buy one but it would have to be one helluva good deal to compensate for my time and frustration to deal with it. Like you said, a few grand ain't gonna cut it on this one. When the seller of my S60 was asking too much, I said "being that it's not running and all, I have no idea what ELSE could be going on. I just have to take your word for it. What if trans is going bad or there's electrical issues. That's a big gamble." We disagreed on numbers so I gave him a couple weeks of not selling the car and we connected again and it all worked out. Perhaps all is not lost with this Porsche? Or maybe another one. Hopefully the asinine used Porsche market is starting to soften. I'm seeing other quasi-classics come back down to earth lately.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Used Porsche market only goes in one direction. 996 (and 986) have seen the biggest gains in recent years which is no surprise as they were the most affordable of the segment but they’ve also come to be way more appreciated as being the last of the 911 sports cars before morphing into grand tourers (excepting the GT3, 2 and other hardcore models of course).

Lightweight, excellent power to weight ratio, exceptional turning and handling, the last 911 to have a throttle cable for instant mechanical feel, naturally aspirated (ex. Turbo, duh); even the design has fallen back into favor as many of the current buyers had posters of that generation on their walls or saw them at car shows. I guess people could only clutch pearls about incredibly small IMS failure rates and headlights for so long once they actually drove one and realized how great a sports car they are.

Yes, I’m biased, but I’m also a front runner so I’m taking my lap.
    I still call it The Jake.

Yeah with 10k to spend, which I don't anymore thanks to homeowner stuff, a nice 2001 Boxster is gonna be a better car than a questionable 928 project.

It's kind of like the lessons I've learned with early fuel injection motorcycles. Sure they are fixable and still pretty fun but buying a few years newer you get a finished trouble free platform but maybe doesn't have that old school cool factor.

I don't need to impress anyone online or at a car meet with my classic car that drains my bank account to maintain. I'd rather have a reliable vehicle with rare options that normal folks don't know we're ever offered.

Kinda like a V60 Polestar or a 850 TR for you Volvo weirdos

What's a Polestar? Sounds like a strip club job description to me.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    What's a Polestar? Sounds like a strip club job description to me.
    Really? It is Volvo's tuning division.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Speaking of Volvos. Cheap 850 sedan with manual transmission in a pretty nice color. Love when deals like this pop up

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto...628025919.html

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Sensible, yet sacrilege.

Whatever, any cars this lot are buying will be drivers, not collector items. Might as well put yourself in a situation where you aren't paying through the nose for some dumb seal to make Toyota Camry power numbers.
    Not like the LS is a bad fit for a grand tourer like the 928 anyhow.

A friend sent this pic. I'm not sure when it started to go sideways for BMW stylingwise--maybe the Bangle years--but this takes it to a whole new level.

Name:  IMG_0808.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  126.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0807.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  137.5 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Fell in behind a caravan of BMW test mules this morning. The first few had full camouflage wrap where you really couldn’t tell what they were. Then bringing up the rear, with just one “M” bade on it was this abomination. Ugh. Someone get Bangle back over there.

Attachment 449603
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    A friend sent this pic. I'm not sure when it started to go sideways for BMW stylingwise--maybe the Bangle years--but this takes it to a whole new level.

Would you look at that. From mule to finished product.

Should have killed it when they had the chance. It’s really remarkable how bad BMW design has become. It’s like the 5 Series is the only decent looking thing left and no one buys those anyway.

I saw a new 7 barge yesterday and it had more headlights than the Family Truckster.

Oh man, they did it then.

I used to be a big fan in the 90's. But I can't stand the brand anymore. Everything is in the engine is garbage, they might last 100K miles if you're lucky and they're hideous to look at.

I would sort of get it if it was electric--they're all trying to outdoodoo one another in the styling dept.

This has an M badge on it. I shudder to think what the interior looks like. A disco ball for a dome light?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

It looks exactly like the SQ8

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

WTF?! That thing is hideous!!!

I, personally, am shocked that the unofficial car of salespeople, realtors and overexcited corporate types is going in a styling direction of gaudy, terrible taste.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    This might actually be a great buy (or a scam). Wish I had the spare cash and space for this JDM car I've always lusted after. I've driven one in white years ago and loved it.

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 5MT. T tops. Only 70K miles. Looks stock. Could very damn well be a Nigerian scammer at this price. Lol. If I had the loot, I'd be trying to confirm if legit.
    https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ct...624795890.html
    Very cool! I did a jdm swap on a gen2 mr2 about 10 years ago—it was incredibly easy(and this was went a full jdm engine/harness/turbo/trans was really cheap). Jacked the car up, drop the old engine out the bottom and wheel the new one underneath. I remember a manual for the swap that was really straightforward.

Car after the swap was really fun, and oh that 90s turbo lag was great.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    It looks exactly like the SQ8
    I think it looks exactly like a Chevy Blazer.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-07 112739.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  54.6 KB

I had one of those mr2 turbo for years. Super fun car. Mine was loud, fast, and stiff. Great for zipping around town and blasting around the racetrack.
    Name:  20110305-IMG_7550.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  55.3 KB
    sigless.

As for old BMWs, a subject dear to my heart, the bangle years weren't so bad. I thought despite being poorly built, the E6x cars were pretty good looking, and i am rather smitten with my little 128i from 2009 and has 149,xxx miles on and it runs like a top.
    Name:  PXL_20230416_155830771.jpeg
Views: 191
Size:  115.4 KB
    sigless.

I think it looks exactly like a Chevy Blazer.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-07 112739.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  54.6 KB
    Blazer looks cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    As for old BMWs, a subject dear to my heart, the bangle years weren't so bad.
    It's funny. At the time, we all used to rip on the Bangle design language, but as time went on and they went full blown whack-o with their grills and such, the Bangle cars don't look so bad now! We sure took it for granted, that's for sure. We had no idea just how bad BMW was going to get. As a whole mind you. They still make 1 or 2 nice looking ones like the 8 series, but in general I am physically repulsed when I see the majority of their models out in the wilds of the Whole Foods parking lot.

Oh the 8 Series? Nice small car that.

There is a matte grey wrapped i7 in my work garage and it is hideous as well. Will have to snap a pic sometime.
    The only bmw I owned was an e91, the e46s drove better and looked better but I fit better in the slightly bigger 90/1.
    The uglyness of the new ones is good for my pocketbook.

Oh the 8 Series? Nice small car that.

Haha. Hey now, let’s stick to facts here…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D01A356B-B024-4F01-8263-C13DC4A923A6.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	461192

How much for one of these here fancy VWs?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

While I’m in the used car section..

Wholesale used car prices are down 7.6% from a year ago, but still a ways to go to get back to the pre-pandemic trend:

https://publish.manheim.com/en/servi...lue-index.html