Page 311 of 428 FirstFirst ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 10679
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don’t think Huckbucket is an aspiring hip hop artist.
    In real life I'm closer to Juggalo than Kendrick.

Stealth Xpel. Turns paint matte when you wrap it. Carmine Red underneath.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    How about the Cayenne? Doesn't scream money. Is there a sweet spot in the past 4 years? Is it as bulletproof as a 911? In other words, can I drive it for 10+ years? Obvious fun and cool factor. 24 gallon tank for the apocalypse.

Can I paint a chicken on the hood?
    day late to this convo, but the advice you've been given is generally what I received before buying my wife her "thanks for working at your shitty gov job for the health insurance" SUV.

It was down between Cayenne and X5 after driving all the rest of em. (loved the Telluride, and I don't think anything can touch it for the price, but ze germans are indeed playing a different game, especially ze germans in Spartanburg, SC).

X5 won the PHEV vs PHEV comparison. Both test drives were on air suspension (standard on the X5). Cayenne may have been better in non-hybrid models, but I only wanted a PHEV so only drove PHEVs.

All my dental buddies assure me the BMW will completely fall apart any day now and that the Porsche would never need a dollar of maintenance. That's fine. I could almost buy another brand new X5 for the price of a comparably optioned Cayenne. After seeing the amount of tech in the car, I'd be surprised if something didn't go wrong at some point, but of all the motors out there, I think BMW's I-6 is one of the best bets when it comes to major engine issues. Even then, when the car has 60k miles on it, maybe 5k will have been on the gas motor.

Speaking of the gas motor, it bumps the range up near 600 miles in the right conditions, but easily over 500 miles. It also makes sport mode pretty glorious considering how heavy this thing is (0-60 in 4.7 sec). But there's not much occasion to use sport mode in daily driving. We have a thousand miles on it now. Still have half the original tank of gas. FWIW, Cayenne PHEV is faster on paper, but it felt about the same when test driving. If anything, throttle response and acceleration felt better and more linear in the X5.

FWIW, Cayenne definitely screams money. You can't get one with options for less than 100k. I mean, you probably could, but you'd be sacrificing some options you'd probably want, and you'd be in base trim. "Sweet spots in the past 4 years" = more expensive than buying new, for pretty much everything right now still. But if you look, 2019+ was the redesign for both X5 and Cayenne. If you look at PHEVs 2021 was when they got nice all-electric range bumps. If you wait until April 2023, you can order a 2024 X5 hybrid which will be a lot faster than mine and have even more range (30-ish miles, all electric. 40 if you don't use radio or AC)

I dunno doc, the half and half cars seem like the automotive version of a platypus. I'm either going all dino fuel or all electric. Maybe one of each for now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Stealth Xpel. Turns paint matte when you wrap it. Carmine Red underneath.
    Thank god, cause if that was paint it would be hideous. It still is but knowing you can remove it...

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I dunno doc, the half and half cars seem like the automotive version of a platypus. I'm either going all dino fuel or all electric.
    We aren't in the market to replace our beater subaru, but something like that (although not German) would actually be perfect for my better half. The majority of her driving is within the electric only range, and on the rare occasions she has to travel farther, it's basically a conventional car.

Why would one want to add that wrap?
    I still call it The Jake.

"How much to make my car's paint look worn out?"

"Smaller cars start at three grand. What kind of car is it?"

"2022 Porsche 911"

"oh, I misspoke. That's six thousand"

I dunno doc, the half and half cars seem like the automotive version of a platypus. I'm either going all dino fuel or all electric. Maybe one of each for now.
    Nah. It’s the future. Assuming you road trip.
    Who the fuck wants to wait 30 minutes at a supercharger and plan stops accordingly.
    I could see getting a hybrid someday. Full electric not so much unless it was only a local commuter extra car.

Honestly, it's pretty easy to roadtrip in a Tesla these days. But then you'd be driving a Tesla.

Hybrid is not the future, its a stopgap. Why would I want the complication of having to service an IC engine in my electric? And why would I want a heavy battery in my IC car?

The future, is plastics.

In the engine compartment apparently.

Hybrid is not the future, its a stopgap. Why would I want the complication of having to service an IC engine in my electric? And why would I want a heavy battery in my IC car?
    dipshit the whole deal with hybrids is they have a smaller lighter battery, because they don’t need 400miles of battery range. They just need a small battery so you can quietly head to the alleyway to get head from a $20 hooker

Oh hell, it's back like a tick on my leg.
    I miss spook.

Oh hell, it's back like a tick on my leg.
    I miss spook.
    He's got a point about the alley head though.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    day late to this convo, but the advice you've been given is generally what I received before buying my wife her "thanks for working at your shitty gov job for the health insurance" SUV.

It was down between Cayenne and X5 after driving all the rest of em. (loved the Telluride, and I don't think anything can touch it for the price, but ze germans are indeed playing a different game, especially ze germans in Spartanburg, SC).

X5 won the PHEV vs PHEV comparison. Both test drives were on air suspension (standard on the X5). Cayenne may have been better in non-hybrid models, but I only wanted a PHEV so only drove PHEVs.

All my dental buddies assure me the BMW will completely fall apart any day now and that the Porsche would never need a dollar of maintenance. That's fine. I could almost buy another brand new X5 for the price of a comparably optioned Cayenne. After seeing the amount of tech in the car, I'd be surprised if something didn't go wrong at some point, but of all the motors out there, I think BMW's I-6 is one of the best bets when it comes to major engine issues. Even then, when the car has 60k miles on it, maybe 5k will have been on the gas motor.

Speaking of the gas motor, it bumps the range up near 600 miles in the right conditions, but easily over 500 miles. It also makes sport mode pretty glorious considering how heavy this thing is (0-60 in 4.7 sec). But there's not much occasion to use sport mode in daily driving. We have a thousand miles on it now. Still have half the original tank of gas. FWIW, Cayenne PHEV is faster on paper, but it felt about the same when test driving. If anything, throttle response and acceleration felt better and more linear in the X5.

FWIW, Cayenne definitely screams money. You can't get one with options for less than 100k. I mean, you probably could, but you'd be sacrificing some options you'd probably want, and you'd be in base trim. "Sweet spots in the past 4 years" = more expensive than buying new, for pretty much everything right now still. But if you look, 2019+ was the redesign for both X5 and Cayenne. If you look at PHEVs 2021 was when they got nice all-electric range bumps. If you wait until April 2023, you can order a 2024 X5 hybrid which will be a lot faster than mine and have even more range (30-ish miles, all electric. 40 if you don't use radio or AC)
    Solid point. Thanks for the intel.

Czech is still rolling

Freedom ain’t free.

With all the gas money saved, surely he could afford a $50 hooker.

PHEVs are obviously a stop gap, but an awesome one. Instead of looking at it as an ICE vehicle with a bit of EV sprinkled in, it's more like a straight up EV with ICE on deck when needed.

Depends on use case, obviously, but it's effectively an EV for us.

Having rented several EVs and talking to friends who own them, the only EV scenario I'm ready for is the one where I only charge at home.

I know EVs are getting better and better at charging a serviceable distance very quickly, but it still ain't gas in terms of speed and availability.

PHEVs are exactly what I want for now. We are a 1 car family and 300 miles+ on a day/weekend trip is not unusual for us, but that is probably not the case for most people.

I think we are a long way from getting recharges (or battery swapouts) down to a reasonable timeframe. I drive fast for a reason and never thinking about where or how long I'll have to stop is worth having to change the oil for me.

I'd love to see a NASCAR style pit crew at every charge station doing 90 second battery swaps.

It’s really a testament to the quality of discussion this place offers when we can seamlessly make the connection between PHEV reviews and $50 handjob hookers.

Have a great weekend on that note.

My MHEV bumps the mpg up to about 17, but still not silent enough for hooker creeping

Midlife crisis?

Talk me out of buying a 1st gen Boxster. My brother had one 20 years ago and I drove it for a bit on some back roads. Never driven a car that intuitive before or since...

Hung out with Singlecross for a weekend last month and he has an early version. Just looked like so much fun.

What's the maintenance cost around 100K miles? That's usually when timing belts and water pumps get replaced. Am I going to have to take out a second mortgage to do that?