Page 365 of 428 FirstFirst ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 10691
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    It's funny. At the time, we all used to rip on the Bangle design language, but as time went on and they went full blown whack-o with their grills and such, the Bangle cars don't look so bad now! We sure took it for granted, that's for sure. We had no idea just how bad BMW was going to get. As a whole mind you. They still make 1 or 2 nice looking ones like the 8 series, but in general I am physically repulsed when I see the majority of their models out in the wilds of the Whole Foods parking lot.
    Even my 10 year old is like, gah, those new BMWs look like garbage. Must be his old man rubbing off on him. Seriously lost their way.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Haha. Hey now, let’s stick to facts here…

Attachment 461192
    LOL, I was wondering if anyone was gonna pick up on that.

By the way, Le 24h is this weekend!

A classmate of mine growing up designed the livery for this 911 "GTRawr" for AO Racing known as "Rexy". The team principal's kid like T-rexes so, this is what he got. It's also getting the Hot Wheels treatment too which is so cool.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/a...r-full-season/

Also, there's a fucking Nascar in the race too in the Centenary class. Endurance racing is the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    How much for one of these here fancy VWs?
    That's the official aspiring baller car of ATL. You can swing a dead hooker and hit no less than 5 of em at any given moment.
    I still call it The Jake.

That's a cool livery.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I'm half-assed shopping beater Toyota pickups, and although the IkNoWhaTI'veGoT people are still is the stratosphere, the market is softening. Those who actually want to get rid of the things are even making price cuts when they don't sell right away.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Death Race 2023

That Porsh is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Those who actually want to get rid of the things are even making price cuts when they don't sell right away.
    Seasonally, divorces peak in March and August in your area. Maybe hit up the Tammy Wynette thread for motivated sellers?

Get your 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Rexy this time next year.

I know I'll get my kid (ok, me) one.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    What's a Polestar? Sounds like a strip club job description to me.
    It’s called cross-marketing man.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Seasonally, divorces peak in March and August in your area.
    So far it's been people my parents' age, or kids. I get kinda hopeful when I hear the crackley voice that it might be a one owner, but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    So far it's been people my parents' age, or kids. I get kinda hopeful when I hear the crackley voice that it might be a one owner, but no luck.
    My niece on the in-law side found a completely cherry, bone-stock, manual, in that classic red, 2 door 1992 BMW e30 when her dad called an Autotrader ad and the voice like Betty White's picked up. Sure enough, total unicorn 1-owner garage find that was her husbands who just passed.

They drove over and bought it sight unseen for something like $4,000 at the time which was highway robbery when we all finally saw it. Not a scratch, stitch or rattle out of place.

My niece summarily wrapped it around a pole in her first snowstorm about a month later. It's still sitting in their barn getting fixed by her dad, piece by piece, beer by beer.

So you decided that today would be a good day to torment a few folks here (like basinbeater and gravitylover) with that story?

So you decided that today would be a good day to torment a few folks here (like basinbeater and gravitylover) with that story?
    Today, I woke up and chose violence.

And I’m here for it

Hahaha
    Aww, thanks

So sad.
    Name:  Sad-Face-Emoji.jpeg
Views: 215
Size:  30.4 KB
    sigless.

I picked my kids up from school in the e30 convertible today. I love that little car. Given how much rain we've had this spring it is rather surprising that the interior has only been soaked once.
    sigless.

My niece summarily wrapped it around a pole in her first snowstorm about a month later. It's still sitting in their barn getting fixed by her dad, piece by piece, beer by beer.
    Sunnuva!!! At first, I thought you were telling us the feel good story of the year, and then I read that last sentence and wanted to cry. That niece of yours better be helping out with the rebuild or she didn't deserve such a unicorn while the rest of us peasants are out here fighting for the scraps, basinbeater aside.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Sunnuva!!! At first, I thought you were telling us the feel good story of the year, and then I read that last sentence and wanted to cry. That niece of yours better be helping out with the rebuild or she didn't deserve such a unicorn while the rest of us peasants are out here fighting for the scraps, basinbeater aside.

If it makes you feel any better she's a truly horrible person and the epitome of clueless. She left her dad with the car (and title) and moved to Seattle with her boyfriend after not telling anyone they got married like a month before. I think they're traveling nurses, or physical therapists, or gypsies.

We don't talk much to that branch of the family tree.

Ugh. I really wanted an e30 in the mid 00s, but the $ v. Condition never panned out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8784.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	461213

XK?

I would watch and watch and watch. I have had 3 E30. The most expensive one to buy was $4k. Put a few grand into em, have a nice super fun $7k car.
    The deals are still out there (getting harder to find) but you gotta get into the E30 community because a lot of the cars trade hands amongst friends.
    sigless.

50 xk120

droool

What did click and clack say? A Jaguar can take you to heaven, it just can't get you back.