Page 240 of 428 FirstFirst ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 10698
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Was leaning green/white but then they started pushing out custom orders by months so took an existing Eiger Grey order.
    My brother in law took delivery of his several months ago in Tasman Blue with the white roof, rack, mud flaps and the 5 spoke wheels. It's a very sharp looking build.

I pressed him hard to get the gloss white steelies as those look so good, but he ignored my sound advice.

Careful though, once you get one you will start accumulating other Defenderish things.

Their daughters now have a (admittedly slick) Defender powerwheels type car with lights and a radio, he got the Defender Lego Technic as a gift, old LR badge keychains, it goes on.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    My brother in law took delivery of his in Tasman Blue with the white roof, rack, mud flaps and the 5 spoke wheels. It's a very sharp looking build.

I pressed him hard to get the gloss white steelies as those look so good, but he ignored my sound advice.

Careful though, once you get one you will start accumulating other Defenderish things.

Their daughters now have a (admittedly slick) Defender powerwheels type car with lights and a radio, he got the Defender Lego Technic as a gift, old LR badge keychains, it goes on.
    Too late
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637333801.414834.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	393229

When you go off warranty I can send you the Virgin Mary poster.
    If I get the Alfa I may need it for a bit first.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Too late
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637333801.414834.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	393229
    Yeah, that's kinda rad.

I find it interesting that LR initially said the D90 was a limited run and all the usual toolbags scooped em up to charge 2x on BaT, but now LR realized that there's actual money to be made so the 90 is now a regular offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Don't you also have to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard too or is that just for houses?

"May" need it??

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Oh, I know the mechanical reasons it's not happening, but that's no excuse for such a good idea. It doesn't even have to be a hellcat - there's no real performance or strong variants of minivans, yet plenty of us would appreciate one.
    Also - it's not like Chrysler is spending lots on product development given that 90% of their shit is "shove a hellcat motor in our old challenger/charger chassis or a truck"
    This echoes comments in the trucks thread. 1st cat company to make a cool rugged or performance minivan wins the gold.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bobby, mind running this? 13 year old LR3, what could go wrong?! Thanks!
    SALAG25478A473383

Sitrep - car spotting in Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Malibu is fucking insane.

Wifey really likes the look of the green Lambo Urus. I told her to look up the price, and her reaction was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    SALAG25478A473383
    08 with the Jag 4.4 should be about as good a LR as you can get if the po kept up on maintenance.

Ditto. If you decide to go forth after getting carfox intel, this era is in my experience wheelhouse and I'm happy to give you some things to look for when getting it checked out.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    SALAG25478A473383
    2008 LAND ROVER LR3 HSE
    VIN: SALAG25478A473383
    4 DOOR WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
    4.4L V8 F DOHC 32V
    GASOLINE
    ALL WHEEL DRIVE

This CARFAX

Report Provided by:Ball Games and Barbecues
    4.7 / 5.019 Verified Reviews

favorite 347

Customer Favorites

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Thanks Bobby you can pm me. I'll pass that pic along to the lady of the manor to see if red would work--we were thinking of another color besides red but ya never know . Is that a '21 or '22?
    It's a 2022.

Yeah. It's very red.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

What's the under/over on Timber getting more than MSRP for his Rover. Patina pays.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That's was an f'ing wrestling match.

BaT will pay for Timber’s Rover on miles alone. Some swinging dick will want it just to claim they’ve got the most

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    2008 LAND ROVER LR3 HSE
    VIN: SALAG25478A473383
    4 DOOR WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
    4.4L V8 F DOHC 32V
    GASOLINE
    ALL WHEEL DRIVE

This CARFAX

Report Provided by:Ball Games and Barbecues
    4.7 / 5.019 Verified Reviews

favorite 347

Customer Favorites

Love this community. Thank you Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    08 with the Jag 4.4 should be about as good a LR as you can get if the po kept up on maintenance.
    My buddy just bought a low mileage 06 after looking for one with a locking rear diff for months. $12K, super clean. He was stoked until the rear diff destroyed itself (or was destroyed and he didn't notice) a few weeks after he bought it. $7K in repairs. He's donating it to the local public radio station as a tow-away rather than dealing with repairs... ouch.

Doh! My 06 supercharged is one of the few without the electric rear locker so I'll be the lucky one that doesn't have that go wrong. I do worry every time I exercise the transfer case though. Actually where is he? I'd kinda like to get a parts truck.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Doh! My 06 supercharged is one of the few without the electric rear locker so I'll be the lucky one that doesn't have that go wrong. I do worry every time I exercise the transfer case though. Actually where is he? I'd kinda like to get a parts truck.
    Boulder CO

Too far for a non runner. Thanx though.

Someone here should get one of these https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3434857655053/
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0047016464130/

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    someone upthread said porsche are the most reliable cars currently. is that an opinion or consensus of the regulars on this fine thread? already researching what to do when the once in a decade car purchase comes in 2 years... considering talking my spouse into a mid life crisis-ish purchase for her.

I'd also like to hear the lowdown on that. I've been eyeing the used Cayenne plugins really hard for the family car. Wife would probably prefer me to get a girlfriend and 911, and I'm guessing it will get broken into every trailhead I ever go to. I also worry about the repair costs- we are coming form Toyota where we have been super lucky with no issues ever.

Typically people talk about JD Power initial quality study. Porsche has fallen in that category. That said, the 911 is probably the most reliable sports car made. Drive to and from the track and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    This echoes comments in the trucks thread. 1st cat company to make a cool rugged or performance minivan wins the gold.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Need a Delica reboot.