Page 234 of 425 FirstFirst ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 10612
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Bobby (or others)
    Buying a new car and trying to figure out the best way to dump the old car in a market like this? Dealer? Carvana?

If I don’t go through the dealer is there any way I can still offset the taxes on the new car sales price?

Gracias para todos
    I considered going thru craigslist when I was upgrading jeeps a few months back (sold my other truck on cl last month very quickly and easily) but the dealers are hard up for inventory and the added benefit, as you mentioned, of reducing the sales tax liability was enough to justify not bothering with the hassle of a private party sale.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I considered going thru craigslist when I was upgrading jeeps a few months back (sold my other truck on cl last month very quickly and easily) but the dealers are hard up for inventory and the added benefit, as you mentioned, of reducing the sales tax liability was enough to justify not bothering with the hassle of a private party sale.
    I guess it all depends on what you have. A high mileage, older car, you may still be better off selling private. A reasonable mileage, newer car, then yeah, many dealers are paying silly money for them.

Couple months back, I thought I'd see what CarMax and Carvana would give me for my old A4. CarMax only offered like a grand and Carvana wasn't even interested at all. I guess they still have standards. Haha. On the bright side, I got more than triple what Carmax offered by selling on CL. Sold it FAST too. But yeah, lots of jokers to sort through. The usual scammers, the "will you take payments" guys, the "what's the lowest you'll take" guys, so on and so forth. Still worth it for a quick, cash sale for top dollar. Pre-pandemic, that car was WORTHLESS. Like as in you couldn't give it away. Nowadays, even geriatric Euro cars be worth something. We're living in Bizarro World right now, I swear. Everything's upside down.

Anyone able to run a carfax for me?
    I get an accident but no CIBC info so a little bit worried.

1FTFX1EF2GFA73709

And the used (and new) car worlds take another hit... Apparently there are somewhere north of 300k cars that were trashed in storms the last month or so and there aren't enough cars for sale to replace them because lots of dealers also lost their inventories. Some people are on waiting lists and won't get their replacements for months.

Fun fact - those cars that explode and run off cliffs in movies are flood title cars so Michael Bay has all kinds of shit to blow up now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Bobby (or others)
    Buying a new car and trying to figure out the best way to dump the old car in a market like this? Dealer? Carvana?

If I don’t go through the dealer is there any way I can still offset the taxes on the new car sales price?

Gracias para todos
    How much is the car worth?

People can get hung up on tax benefits. Clean it up really good and sell it on offer up or FB marketplace.

Or Ill buy it... What is it?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yo Bobby,

Can we chastise this dealer for this absolutely absurd price on a 108,000 mile 911? ($97k)

Or are prices really this stupid now?

Not a rare 964, shabby looking cabriolet at that, those miles, dealer... wtf?!

https://www.porscheofgreenville.com/...8HMaPHtI3jw0cl
    Yo Bobby, I found that silly listing. Turns out it was in your own thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    As Clakson would say, that’s in Birmingham spec
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    How much is the car worth?

People can get hung up on tax benefits. Clean it up really good and sell it on offer up or FB marketplace.

Or Ill buy it... What is it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1631756527.572516.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	385517

Ok, actually it’s a 2013 328i w/ about 75k on it.

LoL

Carvana should pay up for that. All you have to do is plug your VIN and you will have a number in 5 minutes.

Then put it on OfferUp for 2k more for a week or so.

One of the very few that haven't rolled over yet?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Comments like that will only drive the price up higher.

I would enjoy it, my wife would hate it. That would mean I would enjoy it more.

You gonna drive the Shriners around in it for parades?

Only if I can't find some other fraternal organization with bigger and funnier hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's actually more stable than the CJ's of its time. They're a ball off-road once you throw some real tires on it and a crawler case.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Only if I can't find some other fraternal organization with bigger and funnier hats.
    https://shopmoose.mooseintl.org/Moose-Hat-316
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yeah Samurai and Geo Trackers/Suzuki Sidekick can be super fun off road. They’re tiny, lightweight, and can crawl all over things bigger vehicles have issues with. The Samurai actually had a solid front axle and only came in manual transmission.

They are fun off-road mainly because if you crash them their value only goes down a little - running they are already worth nothing.

That one is almost $17000, fuck that.

They were pieces of shit then, and still are. The reason they were so good for off-road 10-15 years ago is you could literally buy them with money found in the sofa, the width let you go down restricted trails, and mules and other ohvs were going for $10,000 and more.

Boomer nostalgia is poison to common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Yeah Samurai and Geo Trackers/Suzuki Sidekick can be super fun off road. They’re tiny, lightweight, and can crawl all over things bigger vehicles have issues with. The Samurai actually had a solid front axle and only came in manual transmission.
    Drive one around on Turcs and Caicos around 20 years ago. It was badass in that setting and surprisingly fun to drive. Little fucker could go anywhere.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

Boomer nostalgia is poison to common sense.
    I’m about 30 years from being a Boomer. But yah a Samurai is like a $1000 rig for beating on.

However, it will go most if not all the places that a $30k Jeep Rubicon will make it.

Get a beater land cruiser and you'll forget about that Suzuki