Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 229 230 231 232 233 234
Results 5,826 to 5,840 of 5840
    Yo Bobby,

Can we chastise this dealer for this absolutely absurd price on a 108,000 mile 911? ($97k)

Or are prices really this stupid now?

Not a rare 964, shabby looking cabriolet at that, those miles, dealer... wtf?!

https://www.porscheofgreenville.com/...8HMaPHtI3jw0cl
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    The Passat had some high points with the VR6, W8, 4Motion and daddy-likey euro-only Alltrack R36 builds.
    I owned a W8 for nine months. Was really a great car to drive those four out of the nine months it wasn't in the shop for something. What a piece of shit...

Bobby's used car lot and Free Carfax

Bobby (or others)
    Buying a new car and trying to figure out the best way to dump the old car in a market like this? Dealer? Carvana?

If I donít go through the dealer is there any way I can still offset the taxes on the new car sales price?

Gracias para todos

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yo Bobby,

Can we chastise this dealer for this absolutely absurd price on a 108,000 mile 911? ($97k)

down to 90k. As it looks like it's inside their showroom, it's probably mostly a museum/history display, so they don't want to have to go out and find a new one.

That said - the used Porsche market for 911's is just stupid. I was thinking about an older 911 (996 or 997.1), but the prices have just made that a dumb idea.

Re: How to sell - get quotes from carvana/dealer/carmax, then figure out if you want to deal with craigslisters/FB marketplace tire kickers and take the most money option.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Bobby (or others)
    Buying a new car and trying to figure out the best way to dump the old car in a market like this? Dealer? Carvana?

If I donít go through the dealer is there any way I can still offset the taxes on the new car sales price?

Gracias para todos
    I considered going thru craigslist when I was upgrading jeeps a few months back (sold my other truck on cl last month very quickly and easily) but the dealers are hard up for inventory and the added benefit, as you mentioned, of reducing the sales tax liability was enough to justify not bothering with the hassle of a private party sale.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I considered going thru craigslist when I was upgrading jeeps a few months back (sold my other truck on cl last month very quickly and easily) but the dealers are hard up for inventory and the added benefit, as you mentioned, of reducing the sales tax liability was enough to justify not bothering with the hassle of a private party sale.
    I guess it all depends on what you have. A high mileage, older car, you may still be better off selling private. A reasonable mileage, newer car, then yeah, many dealers are paying silly money for them.

Couple months back, I thought I'd see what CarMax and Carvana would give me for my old A4. CarMax only offered like a grand and Carvana wasn't even interested at all. I guess they still have standards. Haha. On the bright side, I got more than triple what Carmax offered by selling on CL. Sold it FAST too. But yeah, lots of jokers to sort through. The usual scammers, the "will you take payments" guys, the "what's the lowest you'll take" guys, so on and so forth. Still worth it for a quick, cash sale for top dollar. Pre-pandemic, that car was WORTHLESS. Like as in you couldn't give it away. Nowadays, even geriatric Euro cars be worth something. We're living in Bizarro World right now, I swear. Everything's upside down.

Anyone able to run a carfax for me?
    I get an accident but no CIBC info so a little bit worried.

1FTFX1EF2GFA73709

And the used (and new) car worlds take another hit... Apparently there are somewhere north of 300k cars that were trashed in storms the last month or so and there aren't enough cars for sale to replace them because lots of dealers also lost their inventories. Some people are on waiting lists and won't get their replacements for months.

Fun fact - those cars that explode and run off cliffs in movies are flood title cars so Michael Bay has all kinds of shit to blow up now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Bobby (or others)

If I don’t go through the dealer is there any way I can still offset the taxes on the new car sales price?

Gracias para todos
    How much is the car worth?

People can get hung up on tax benefits. Clean it up really good and sell it on offer up or FB marketplace.

Or Ill buy it... What is it?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yo Bobby,

Yo Bobby, I found that silly listing. Turns out it was in your own thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    As Clakson would say, that’s in Birmingham spec

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    How much is the car worth?

People can get hung up on tax benefits. Clean it up really good and sell it on offer up or FB marketplace.

Or Ill buy it... What is it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1631756527.572516.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	385517

Ö

Ö

Ok, actually itís a 2013 328i w/ about 75k on it.

LoL

Carvana should pay up for that. All you have to do is plug your VIN and you will have a number in 5 minutes.

Then put it on OfferUp for 2k more for a week or so.