Page 411 of 417 FirstFirst ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 10424
    On first glance I thought the Giulia was a Corolla GR…

The SX4 is a neat little modern Justy/Panda, but I wouldn’t want my teenage daughter getting in an accident in one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    People gettin crazy around the holidaze and need to dial it back a bit. Passed this on my way home. I try to recreate in my mind how these things happen and just couldn't figure this one out.

Attachment 478680

And over on the Alfa forum, some poor chap takes his Alfa in for an oil change and the dealership tech does this on a test drive...
    Body count: 1 Giulia QV, 1 911, 1 Merc , and a Hellcat.

Attachment 478681
    Attachment 478682
    Good Lord, that's incredible; the 911 deserved a better way to go out than that.

The first pic is easy for me to surmise: around here thanks to super helpful how-tos on the TickTocks the youths make it sport to hotwire Hyndais and Kias and then see how much hell they can raise in them before leaving them exactly like that on the side of the highway or through the front of a building. Hilarity does not ensue.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Good Lord, that's incredible; the 911 deserved a better way to go out than that.

In fairness the Hellcat probably would’ve taken them all out on the road eventually, so maybe this was a good thing? Sacrifices had to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    My neighbors who are kind of weird about cars, (had a neglected cayenne, now have a Tesla model s, and an old ranger 2wd pickup) asked me the other day about a car for when their daughters are around, should we get this old bmw x3? Been in an accident, was not repaired for years, daughter sometimes changes the oil at jiffy lube, but it was properly maintained, haha, I said, NO. DO NOT BUY. But here are some other cars you should look at, and on a whim, I sent them a Suzuki sx4 with manual transmission.
    They bought the Suzuki. Now I want one. Theirs has AT tires on it, 5 speed manual trans, locking center diff button, heated seats, and central to the theme of the last few pages, manual radio and HVAC controls.
    Attachment 478686
    Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    On first glance I thought the Giulia was a Corolla GR…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The front grill is usually a giveaway but....

The first pic is easy for me to surmise: around here thanks to super helpful how-tos on the TickTocks the youths make it sport to hotwire Hyndais and Kias and then see how much hell they can raise in them before leaving them exactly like that on the side of the highway or through the front of a building. Hilarity does not ensue.
    Yikes I hope that goes the way of the cinnamon challenge.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The SX4 is a neat little modern Justy/Panda, but I wouldn’t want my teenage daughter getting in an accident in one of those.
    I respectfully disagree. This is how our society has ended up with chicks all wanting giant ass SUVs. We've already told our 6 year old she can have our little C30 if it's still around when she gets her license. And we only ended up with our C30 after giving up on our search of a classic Beetle, which is even more deadly of course, but a GREAT way to teach them how to properly drive (and wrench!!!).

I think the SX4 would be the PERFECT car for a teenager. Particularly with the 5MT like basin's neighbors scored. Being lightweight, tossable, and actually shiftable, it teaches them more easily what's going on with the vehicle and the road, ie driving dynamics. Kind of like how many of us grew up with little European and Japanese 80s/90s cars that taught us how to drive proper. There's some LONG TERM safety in that if it teaches them to be better, more aware drivers to begin with as opposed to being insulated in their Canyonero's steel cocoon with massive touchscreen distractions, completely oblivious to the world around them. YMMV.

Austin gets it.

Plus, if your teenage daughter had one, she could do this stuff...
    https://youtu.be/dAbb8ygGgWY?si=Ocm2cgre-9Q_NBVj
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    In fairness the Hellcat probably would’ve taken them all out on the road eventually, so maybe this was a good thing? Sacrifices had to be made.
    Sigh. You're probably dead ass right. Murder vehicles those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Yikes I hope that goes the way of the cinnamon challenge.
    I keep thinking that those who think its fun or a good idea will eventually meet their maker after stealing and wrecking these things every weekend but no, every Sunday morning the local community-aggregated Instagram account is full of people's videos of stolen and wrecked Hyundikias. It's really a testament to how good they are in a crash.

As Art Shirk and I can attest, there is no more fun car at age 17 than a your friend's Subaru Justy.

SX4 is cool especially with the 5spd but parts are getting scarce and a lot of them are turning into parts cars. They also get disappointing mpg. For a couple $k they're fun but not as a relied upon daily.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    SX4 is cool especially with the 5spd but parts are getting scarce and a lot of them are turning into parts cars. They also get disappointing mpg. For a couple $k they're fun but not as a relied upon daily.
    So then it's the perfect car for a high schooler! We all drove questionable modes of transportation back then. Built character.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using TGR Forums mobile app

I approve the latest developments in this thread. However, giving 17 to me an SX4 would have been like tossing the rabbit into the briar patch. I would have hooned that thing on the back roads until there was nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I approve the latest developments in this thread. However, giving 17 to me an SX4 would have been like tossing the rabbit into the briar patch. I would have hooned that thing on the back roads until there was nothing left.
    Art and I can attest this is how a Japanese shitcan modern equivalent of a Justy would be used.

And that’s just fine.

I would daily the shit out of a SX4. In addition, I call bullshit on parts scarcity. There's over 19 pages worth of parts cars available. At least it's not another Impreza or grandma's old Camry.... gross.

Sorry, new parts. And see, lotsa parts cars because... many parts are hard to get and cost more than the thing is worth and the cars get scrapped.

Sorry, new parts. And see, lotsa parts cars because... many parts are hard to get and cost more than the thing is worth and the cars get scrapped.
    Perfect for the DIY. No one is putting new parts on an almost 20 year old car.

Make that a turbo 4th gen Dodge Colt aka Mitsubishi Mirage and that was my idiot friends and I.

Art and I can attest this is how a Japanese shitcan modern equivalent of a Justy would be used.

And that’s just fine.
    Did you ever find out how easy they are to put back on four wheels if they end up on their side?

I did not take this into consideration when I fwd'd the car to them as an option.
    They are not diy handy. Hmm. Hopefully they won't ask me to look at it when something goes wrong... Lol.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I did not take this into consideration when I fwd'd the car to them as an option.
    They are not diy handy. Hmm. Hopefully they won't ask me to look at it when something goes wrong... Lol.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Those were sturdy little cars. They'll be fine. Besides, high school car. It was (hopefully) cheap and if it dies, it dies. I still love the idea of it. You made a solid recommendation IMO.

Next time you question your states draconian inspection program ....

9:33. 10mm. Lol

Some favorites;

Wheel weights that go around the entire circumference of the rim
    Shocks mounted to fenders that are no longer attached to the frame
    Oil leaking out of tailpipes (how does that even happen?)

Did you ever find out how easy they are to put back on four wheels if they end up on their side?
    No, but we did figure out that you can jump railroad crossings like you're in the General Lee in that thing!

No, but we did figure out that you can jump railroad crossings like you're in the General Lee in that thing!
    I approve.

Shout out to Austin who either in this thread, or the wagon thread, pointed out the free programmable nitrogen inflation stations at Costco.

I can’t believe I never knew about it before, and never used it till today.