Page 304 of 428 FirstFirst ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 10679
    Nice rant!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Congrats. That's a tough thing to do these days. Especially when it comes to hot sellers like Civics. I just gave up after being bait & switched a few times. Seeing the price on the window means nothing these days. Didn't want to play games. It's just easier to wait this whole shitstorm out. When they start running year end closeout promos again, I will reassess. Could be a few years. Whatever. I can wait. But hopefully by then, I'll be ready financially to step up to a CPO V90 instead of a base model Civic. Haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I just do 90% of the deal via email. On average I'm at a dealer twice for about 30-40 minutes each time - the first to test drive/explore fit and the other to sign final papers. It's too bad you seem to have shitty dealers. I've bought 5 cars in the past 8 years and the only time I did the direct dealer thing it was like a 4 hour shit show.
    Most of the salespeople are happy to deal with a serious buyer that's not going to waste their time, as they feel much less pressure to overcharge with almost zero time in.
    Email also typically lets you suss out the scammy/overcharging dealers from the good as they'll be super cagey and noncommittal up front.

Bobby's used car lot and Free Carfax

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm flying to Montana to pick up a cargo van from a guy I met on the internet. TR to come.
    Are you buying byates1’s van ? He just got a new one and I was wondering what he was doing with his old one.

Breakfast at his van at BBI-MT.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659816308.233900.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	423244

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Hey Bobby, could you run this one for me?
    My dad is looking at this thing:

5TDBK3EHCS171621

Missing a number or letter somewhere. Need 17.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Not in Soviet Russia.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Oops:

5TDBK3EH1CS171621

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    So that's the one thing that has me considering a lease vs buy on my new Impreza.. I don't really want to drive it three years from now. At that point in time it's likely that the market for used gassers will really suck. And I'm not in a position to get a car I'll want to keep. I'll be ready for an EV by then. Otherwise it would make sense to buy. But, I'm this is also clouded by my religious belief that VWs and Subarus are two makes that should never be driven without a full factory warranty.
    I went with buy. I sorta like the car, more than I thought I would. And my wife likes it so I'll probably never see it. It sucks that if I wanted to order exactly what I wanted for color, trim line, etc, it would be 4-6mos wait according to the sales guy. Or you take whatever goofy combo the manufacturer threw together and put in that dealer's allotment. We lucked out on exactly two weeks and close enough to what we'd expect we wanted to order. The Buick is gone, baby, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I just do 90% of the deal via email. On average I'm at a dealer twice for about 30-40 minutes each time - the first to test drive/explore fit and the other to sign final papers. It's too bad you seem to have shitty dealers. I've bought 5 cars in the past 8 years and the only time I did the direct dealer thing it was like a 4 hour shit show.
    Most of the salespeople are happy to deal with a serious buyer that's not going to waste their time, as they feel much less pressure to overcharge with almost zero time in.
    Email also typically lets you suss out the scammy/overcharging dealers from the good as they'll be super cagey and noncommittal up front.
    You're methodology appears sounds, BUT have you bought a vehicle in 2022?

It up fucked these days. Bizarro world.

I bought two vehicles in 2022. It ain’t pre Covid where you can wrangle thousands off but I didn’t pay over sticker.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I went with buy. I sorta like the car, more than I thought I would. And my wife likes it so I'll probably never see it. It sucks that if I wanted to order exactly what I wanted for color, trim line, etc, it would be 4-6mos wait according to the sales guy. Or you take whatever goofy combo the manufacturer threw together and put in that dealer's allotment. We lucked out on exactly two weeks and close enough to what we'd expect we wanted to order. The Buick is gone, baby, gone.
    Congrats! On both the new whip AND dumping the Buick.

Yeah, I was told by multiple salesmen that they couldn't place any orders according to the manufacturer. Basically you get what you get. Like buying a Lada in old Soviet Russia!

My request was as simple as it could get. I wanted a base model in white with a manual. That's it. For a manual model, should be as common as it gets. Not like I was looking for a Type R with some exotic options or anything. I got multiple calls from dealers telling me they had one with a stick arrive! ...in black. That's a hard no for our brutal summers. My Audi was black. Never again. Haha. Or Id get a call saying they got one in mostly the combo I'd want. "Is it a manual?" "Oh, yes." Would go check it out and it was a freaking automatic. "Well, you can SHIFT it manually." "Dammit! I only want it if it has 3 pedals."

As far as I know both Toyota and Honda don't do special orders, they just swap allocations with other dealers.

Congrats! On both the new whip AND dumping the Buick.

Yeah, I was told by multiple salesmen that they couldn't place any orders according to the manufacturer. Basically you get what you get. Like buying a Lada in old Soviet Russia!

My request was as simple as it could get. I wanted a base model in white with a manual. That's it. For a manual model, should be as common as it gets. Not like I was looking for a Type R with some exotic options or anything. I got multiple calls from dealers telling me they had one with a stick arrive! ...in black. That's a hard no for our brutal summers. My Audi was black. Never again. Haha. Or Id get a call saying they got one in mostly the combo I'd want. "Is it a manual?" "Oh, yes." Would go check it out and it was a freaking automatic. "Well, you can SHIFT it manually." "Dammit! I only want it if it has 3 pedals."

Get it wrapped in white. As for options, you know you could plug the VIN into an online decoder and it will tell you just about everything you want to know about the car before stepping foot on the lot?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Get it wrapped in white. As for options, you know you could plug the VIN into an online decoder and it will tell you just about everything you want to know about the car before stepping foot on the lot?
    You really don't get it do you?

You're right. Sorry, carry on.

Italian trash.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Oops:

5TDBK3EH1CS171621
    2012 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER/SE
    VIN: 5TDBK3EH1CS171621
    4 DOOR WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
    3.5L V6 F DOHC 24V
    GASOLINE
    ALL WHEEL DRIVE

This CARFAX Report Provided by:Recalled Ferrari of Nashville

4.7 / 5.019 Verified Reviews

favorite 36

Customer Favorites

That sounds like a peach.

I'm more interested in Recalled Ferrari of Nashville. Bobby always bringing a chuckle with the Carfax.

So one of the worlds most technically advanced cars can be brought to its knees because of a plastic cap?

This whole world is held together by a thread it seems sometimes.
    I still call it The Jake.

Congrats! Any extended warranty (in reference to your prior post)?

Anywhere near MSRP?
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

No extended warranty. I think $500 over MSRP, but with the options it came with it might actually be at MSRP. I don't care enough to figure it out at this point. The dealers are selling their allotted cars before they even arrive. I also got more for my trade-in than he initially wanted to give. All part of the game.

No extended warranty. I think $500 over MSRP, but with the options it came with it might actually be at MSRP. I don't care enough to figure it out at this point. The dealers are selling their allotted cars before they even arrive. I also got more for my trade-in than he initially wanted to give. All part of the game.
    Nice. Sounds fair. Still crazy that dealers are selling out before the cars arrive.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.