Page 303 of 428 FirstFirst ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 10679
    Any chance I can get a report for my new beater? Seller told some interesting stories where it was "borrowed" by unauthorized parties more than once. Curious if it shows up:
    JT3RN63W0J0211460

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  53.1 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Thanks so much Bobby. You're a prince.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  53.1 KB
    Gotta add a lot of torque steer to replicate my saab 9-3

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Im selling a new 2022 Urus tomorrow. Theyre around 270k.
    Got the $400k from carsguide. Regardless, it's a distinction without a difference.

Maybe yours had the dealer surcharge? Bobby's dealing and raking.

Maybe yours had the dealer surcharge? Bobby's dealing and raking.
    And 270 is the non-mag price, so things could even up.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Musta been a helluva ride.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Another day, another 200 miles and a dozen or so dealers and... zilch. Garbage, garbage and more garbage. I actually had one guy turn around and walk away from me when I asked him "How much is this $4k car?"
    So you act like an asshole and are surprised when you're treated like one?
    The market has changed. If you need a car now prices are higher than they were. That's reality. This is like complaining you can't get soda for a nickel anymore.

Musta been a helluva ride.
    Real fun car, miss it a lot but I had to get rid of it before my son got his hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    The market has changed. If you need a car now prices are higher than they were. That's reality. This is like complaining you can't get soda for a nickel anymore.
    A lot of rumblings out there that the used car market is going to see a pullback.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    A lot of rumblings out there that the used car market is going to see a pullback.
    Yes, likely. As VC money pulls back you have a bunch of places like vroom etc. That won't be picking up as much stock and production numbers are up compared to the pandemic. That said, all the carmakers are still at reduced production and are largely fine with it as their profit/unit is up.
    This my mention of "if you need it now".

When it's listed at 4X actual value you get to be that way. These guys are selling shit and they know it so when you call them on it they know you're a waste of effort and they bail. I'm good with it. I prefer the ones that don't even come out and let you inspect it first. It's not just high prices, 5 years old with 80-100k are selling for original SRP and 10+ is selling for what it sold for 5 years ago but has 150-200k.

Started already, but a long way to go:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D36022A-B402-42D4-A142-C95D026AFD6D.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	423200

More detail here: https://publish.manheim.com/en/servi...lue-index.html

Repossessions (wow, that’s a lot of s’s) are supposedly up too…

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/used-ca...s-are-surging/
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    When it's listed at 4X actual value you get to be that way. These guys are selling shit and they know it so when you call them on it they know you're a waste of effort and they bail. I'm good with it. I prefer the ones that don't even come out and let you inspect it first. It's not just high prices, 5 years old with 80-100k are selling for original SRP and 10+ is selling for what it sold for 5 years ago but has 150-200k.
    Perhaps it’s time to roll into the local Honda or Mazda dealer, find something on the lot that’s selling at MSRP and just deal with the monthly payments?

Already has on the wholesale level. Bids are 20-30k back of MMR on high end stuff.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

@TR - Unfortunately that's not what I need. At least a few days a week I need something big so that's the focus and the costs for what I need are unreachable at the moment on new vehicles.

Perhaps it’s time to roll into the local Honda or Mazda dealer, find something on the lot that’s selling at MSRP and just deal with the monthly payments?
    MSRP? HA! You haven't been car shopping in a while I take it.

I thought buying a brand new Civic would be perfect. Hassle free and not outrageously priced... or so I thought. After working with multiple dealers, I gave up. Sorry, but I still maintain it's not worth getting caught up in the current insanity and paying $30K+ for a base model Civic with a stick. They're nice cars, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day it's still a Civic. It's SUPPOSED to be a cheap car so not gonna pay over sticker and get stuck with an oversized phat payment. That's gonna suck to still be paying that when the car market finally takes a turn and everyone finds themselves underwater.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

You can get MSRP on most models if you're willing to wait. I had to check a few dealers, but got under MSRP on my BRZ order and there's plenty of dealers doing it for local customers.

I sold a Urus to a local customer yesterday for MSRP. Market is 60-70k over.

Made him sign a 2 year first right of refusal.

Summer is typically a lull in the car business. Once kids go back to school, it starts to pick up again.

October, November and December will probably see more shortages in inventory as people start buying again. Probably not as much on the volume side as interest rates are high.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Exactly this. Added excitement.

So that's the one thing that has me considering a lease vs buy on my new Impreza.. I don't really want to drive it three years from now. At that point in time it's likely that the market for used gassers will really suck. And I'm not in a position to get a car I'll want to keep. I'll be ready for an EV by then. Otherwise it would make sense to buy. But, I'm this is also clouded by my religious belief that VWs and Subarus are two makes that should never be driven without a full factory warranty.

You can get MSRP on most models if you're willing to wait. I had to check a few dealers, but got under MSRP on my BRZ order and there's plenty of dealers doing it for local customers.
    Congrats. That's a tough thing to do these days. Especially when it comes to hot sellers like Civics. I just gave up after being bait & switched a few times. Seeing the price on the window means nothing these days. Didn't want to play games. It's just easier to wait this whole shitstorm out. When they start running year end closeout promos again, I will reassess. Could be a few years. Whatever. I can wait. But hopefully by then, I'll be ready financially to step up to a CPO V90 instead of a base model Civic. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    All of the jokes aside, I truly hope you're not seriously considering a 240 for your kids. I know it's cute and kitch to think of it as a tank, but there have been so many safety and driver aid improvements that have been introduced since those things were discontinued. I'd feel like a really shitty dad if my kids were maimed for the lack of a side impact airbag or reversing camera. Sure, they should be able to drive competently without any of these innovations, but it's really hard to teach your kids to wrench when they're shitting in a bag.
    Not kidding at all. Even by modern standards, those 240s are freaking safe, sans stupid nanny devices. Those final years at least had abs, airbags, pioneering crumple zones, etc. I would have zero concern putting my kids in one. Hell, I was ready to pull the trigger on a 240 wagon not too long ago but was snatched up before I could buy it. Was going to use it as my daily family hauler. Also even thought about a 70s VW Beetle for a little local grocery getter.

Sorry, but I don't want to put my kids in a Canyonero. Only reason I probably won't REALLY get my kids a 240 though is because there won't be many left by then and age will be even more of an issue. What if our kids want a classic car to restore and drive to school? I'm cool with that. Even if they are dangerous by modern standards. What if they go to college and want to drive a Vespa or a motorcycle? I'm ok with that too. They should learn to drive not having to depend on blind spot monitors and cameras anyway. I'd argue that drivers have become even WORSE, more complacent, since all those have become so standard. However, I will take drivers training seriously with them. Will make them attend motorcycle safety training if they want to go that route. Will get some track time in with them at a great course in Austin where they also have some stellar training and you can bring your average car too. Teach em how to battle it out on I-10 through Houston or I-70 out of Denver. THAT'S going to do them more good than anything IMO. I'll be involved, and not just give them some modern blandmobile and send them on their way with a "good luck out there!" like most do these days.

And thinking your kids are gonna be mamed and shitting in a bag because you didn't put them in a big ass SUV with all the latest safety aids? Dramatic much? We fling ourselves down icy mountains on wooden sticks every winter, and our kids do the same. Many people's kids here are slaying terrain parks and wicked couloirs. That's way scarier than allowing them to drive a car without a backup cam. Oh, the horror!

But hey, that's just me. You do you. [/RANT]