Page 208 of 429 FirstFirst ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 10706
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I hope it comes with a white sport suit and 2 tix to a Jan Hammer concert.
    I LOL, Jan Hammer, I haven't thought of him in about 45 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    The Huracan? I would totally put a "WHTLTNG" vanity plate on it
    Now that's gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Also just to go nerd, that Z28 matches the era of the movie, but Melba Toast was a Chevrolet Chevelle . Clinton had a Trans Am.

Those old Z28s of that gen have had “starring” movie roles too. I’m forgetting ATM.

Car looks like a nice “resto/mod” build.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The cars really were stars in that movie. Much like the film, the cars from my high school days, despite being in the late 90s and maybe not as recognizable as those 70s examples, were just as big a part of our lives as they were for the characters in Dazed. I may have to rewatch that soon.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Its actually what he wants. I think he wanted some darker color but I will pass on message. Not to be crass, but ballpark?
    Bobby can wrap it in any color your friend wants.

Crass? Haven't heard that name in ages. Last time he was around here DD and him got into it.

I might add that the goddamn trees in Nashville look fabulous this time of year.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Was Crass the one in MN that went to jail?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Was Crass the one in MN that went to jail?
    Yeah. He was on dialysis and wanted to fight DD in the Home Depot parking lot in Bloomington.

Yeah. He was on dialysis and wanted to fight DD in the Home Depot parking lot in Bloomington.
    That's right! If it was Crass who made Home Depot parking lots the defacto place to settle beef, what angry ECRC mag coined "Check the Spare"?

Not sure on that one. I'd volunteer check for you, but I'm a bit afraid of getting messed up in anything going on over there.

Yeah I hear ya. I think I recall the Spare-checker directing his ire at DoWork. Maybe Benny can weigh in for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Its actually what he wants. I think he wanted some darker color but I will pass on message. Not to be crass, but ballpark?
    I've got it listed for 209. Ill sell it for 198.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Yeah I hear ya. I think I recall the Spare-checker directing his ire at DoWork. Maybe Benny can weigh in for us.
    It was DoWork that posted he was "checking the spare" and he posted a cool picture he found of a guy in a purple onesie checking a spare to go with it.

Crass never showed.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Now that's gold!

The cars really were stars in that movie. Much like the film, the cars from my high school days, despite being in the late 90s and maybe not as recognizable as those 70s examples, were just as big a part of our lives as they were for the characters in Dazed. I may have to rewatch that soon.
    Shit I had you pegged for about 10 years older.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Shit I had you pegged for about 10 years older.
    I'll take that as a compliment if you don't mind.

I've lived a lot of life since those heady days of the late 90s. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I've got it listed for 209. Ill sell it for 198.
    Thanks Bobby. Will pass along and if he is interested will put you in touch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    It was DoWork that posted he was "checking the spare" and he posted a cool picture he found of a guy in a purple onesie checking a spare to go with it.

Crass never showed.
    Yeah, I made that pic.

Cant remember if it actually was DoWork that was all amped up or who...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Ahh, cool. The pic was very funny. Definitely DW when he lived in Springfield.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thanks for clearing that up gents and alleviating the need for me to pop into the ECRC thread.

It's also a reminder of things getting off on the wrong foot between Dowork and me since I made some (admittedly rather insensitive) comments about who I thought was his mom some years ago.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obi...a-Dworkin.html

Damn...

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Thanks for clearing that up gents and alleviating the need for me to pop into the ECRC thread.

It's also a reminder of things getting off on the wrong foot between Dowork and me since I made some (admittedly rather insensitive) comments about who I thought was his mom some years ago.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obi...a-Dworkin.html
    Stay safe, stay home, TR. Do not venture out into the ECRC unless it is for a critical purpose.

Damn...

Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey Bobby, what's your professinal opinion on how and when this covid is going to impact the used car market for us mere mortal folks? Lotsa lease buybacks aren't getting sold right now. I mean, obviously supercars is always gonna be super, but when is that sweet '97 geo tracker I gots my eye on gonna price drop?

enquiring minds wanna know!

Bobby, I can take this.

Bobby does not dabble in cars for mere mortals. In fact, you all should be grateful he even indulges you people with a complementary Carfox lookup for that 2004 4WD shitbox you saw parked underneath the used car lot streamers next to the laundromat and leave it at that.

Now if you have a friend like Skidog who's legitimately interested in a Lambo or perhaps an Aston that's another story.

Cause Imma bout to blow your doors completely off...

I used to own that car*

*not the exact same car. Same year, same color, not SS, RS, or Z/28, so 327 with the flat hood. Had factory wheels, plus a set of rally wheels with the sombreros.

Damn...

Nice, but the roof rack? Like they didn't know when to stop bolting on extra crap. If you are out rallying the shit of that thing, your buddy in the range Rover support vehicle will be a few minutes behind you with the cooler of beer and sausages.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97cb2355edc9ad736014d54bebecf7ab.jpeg 
Views:	281 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	326336

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Saw this lovely lady parked in front of the Deer Valley St. Regis a while back. Sounded awesome.

Name:  C948C234-3F00-424A-BFC5-DDCB1D3185E1.jpeg
Views: 1462
Size:  195.1 KB

In short, car markets will tank for a bit. They were already stagnating pre-corona, and to some extent manufacturers will be glad to have an excuse to idle.
    Post Corona markets will be weird as some segments will remain strong (think white collars with minimal income loss due to wfh) while others will not.

Bobby, I can take this.

Bobby does not dabble in cars for mere mortals. In fact, you all should be grateful he even indulges you people with a complementary Carfox lookup for that 2004 4WD shitbox you saw parked underneath the used car lot streamers next to the laundromat and leave it at that.

Now if you have a friend like Skidog who's legitimately interested in a Lambo or perhaps an Aston that's another story.

I'm trying to sell it. Guys got cash but is thinking of another investment property now. He will buy for sure, and I hope to send the biz Bobby's way (no promises) it's just a matter of when. Might still be a year out now that covid hit. I'm sure he could buy now, just with covid he might pivot. I will do my best to steer him Bobby's way when the time comes and maybe Bobby will do even better as he could be solo when it happens???!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app