Page 163 of 428 FirstFirst ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 10691
    He wrecked, shocking.

Yeah, should be about as fast as a mid grade Camaro

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Who needs a cheap 720S?

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Love this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Who needs a cheap 720S?

Fine, 20k

20k down will get it done.

Fine, 20k down and 100 a month. You drive a tough bargain.

what the story with that 4Runner?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I've been looking for a 3rd gen one just like that. Based on the photo that's in bringatrailer shape and not the craigslist one I'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Fine, 20k down and 100 a month. You drive a tough bargain.
    We're almost there... 20k down and 100 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
    I've been looking for a 3rd gen one just like that. Based on the photo that's in bringatrailer shape and not the craigslist one I'm after.
    What are you trying to spend?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    02 Sport Edition with 175k. I think Im going to buy it today. Cleanest one I've seen in awhile.

Kinda want this too.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 03-04-2019 at 06:11 AM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    are you driving it to ubbi19?
    ill fill the tank
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Love this thing.

ScottyB Luvs his 4R.

Kinda want this too.
    I 'owned' one of those with a 5-speed MT for like a weekend in Okinawa once. Needed some wheels so picked one up for like $100 with prepaid insurance/taxes on the base lemon lot. Me an some buds pitched in like $20 each and tooled around for days. Had to leave the island so just put it back on the lot with the keys in it, saying "Free to a good home." Cheaper than renting! Good times. That van was rad.

That one is 18k...

That one is 18k...
    HA! That's hilarious. Early 2000's they could hardly GIVE those things away in Japan due to the crazy high annual fees their government charge for older vehicles. Somebody out there's making a killing importing those old JDM vehicles that I'm sure they're picking up for mere pennies (yen?) on the dollar.

What are you trying to spend?
    For the 4Runner, I'd like to keep it around 5-6k assuming I'll dump another 2k into it on maintenance stuff to get it in shape. That one looks well taken care of so I could go higher depending on how many 'parts likely to fail' have been replaced. This will be my weekend warrior mobile- no offroading/mods but will see forest and fire roads. Priority one is not getting me stuck in the mountains, then no rust and then working sunroof. Don't care about exterior shape, interior should be decent.

I've got kids and limited workspace, so I really should not be getting a project and I can't justify spending 10k+ on a 20 year old second vehicle- if I was going to do that I probably should just trade in my sedan for a newer Subaru or something. My current car was bought new and has needed oil and tires in a 10 years, so maybe I'm forgetting how much of a hassle having an old beater is but ideally I'd like to end up running to the parts store for minor stuff once every couple months and maybe a major repair once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Somebody out there's making a killing importing those old JDM vehicles that I'm sure they're picking up for mere pennies (yen?) on the dollar.
    There's a guy by me (Seattle) with a lot full of them. Neat stuff, crazy prices (to me). Has cool old Japanese ambulances and fire trucks too. https://www.jdmcarandmotorcycle.com/ Across the street is a classic Range Rover guy.
    Last edited by knopfler; 03-04-2019 at 12:11 PM.

There are two of those vans here in Bellingham. One is exactly like the pic but with smaller wheels. It's always full of junk like the guy lives in it, but I've never seen the guy. There are also quite a few 4wd domestic market vans still on the road here (in various states of decay).

There are lots of JDM Toyotas and Delicas in Vancouver. I think it's a little easier to import them into Canada.

Pretty cool, but right hand drive is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
    For the 4Runner, I'd like to keep it around 5-6k assuming I'll dump another 2k into it on maintenance stuff to get it in shape. That one looks well taken care of so I could go higher depending on how many 'parts likely to fail' have been replaced. This will be my weekend warrior mobile- no offroading/mods but will see forest and fire roads. Priority one is not getting me stuck in the mountains, then no rust and then working sunroof. Don't care about exterior shape, interior should be decent.

I've got kids and limited workspace, so I really should not be getting a project vehicle and I can't justify spending 10k+ on a 20 year old second vehicle.
    The people on this forum who know me IRL actually make fun of me for my old Toyota fetish. 3rd gens are the most desirable 4runners, and there simply aren't many (any) deals left at this point. One way or another, you will be into for 10k.

If you're willing to travel, it's not all that difficult to get one with no rust, but a good interior is becoming rare. When looking for rust, get underneath below the B pillar looking toward the rear. There's a box section on the frame where the rear control arm is bolted on. That's probably the worst spot for frame rust, and if it's allowed to get to the point of failure, it's a big job to fix.

There are no manual transmissions after 2000, and "strawberry milkshake" is an issue with the automatics.

The 3.4 has some known issues: low oil pressure (various reasons), leaky cam seals, leaky front main seal ...actually, anywhere oil can leak from.

There was a recall for the lower ball joints. A dealer can run the VIN to see if it was done, but I don't think they'll replace them for free anymore. If a previous owner replaced them with non-oem, it's a good idea to just bite the bullet, and put new factory ones on.

Along those lines, Toyota truck parts fall into three categories: Toyota OEM (expensive, but literally the best), quality aftermarket, and junk. Everything from autozone, o'reilly's, etc falls into that last category.

A couple of smaller things... the rear springs will be sagging. The rear axle seals will leak at some point.

Oh, and one last thing, there's no support from Toyota on the truck itself, i.e. you can't buy a fender or liftgate from the factory. There are still lots of scrappers with lots of body parts, but it's finite.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I 'owned' one of those with a 5-speed MT for like a weekend in Okinawa once. Needed some wheels so picked one up for like $100 with prepaid insurance/taxes on the base lemon lot. Me an some buds pitched in like $20 each and tooled around for days. Had to leave the island so just put it back on the lot with the keys in it, saying "Free to a good home." Cheaper than renting! Good times. That van was rad.
    You guys passed on the banana lady show and spent your dough on a beater van ?

Who needs a rig?

hahahaha. That thing is Over The Top!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Who needs a rig?
    You have it listed on Racing Junk?

Original owner not happy with the quality of product post REV group takeover of Renegade?

It's part of a bunch of racing equipment Im selling.

Guy bought everything new Q1 or 2018. Now he wants to sell everything.

2018 Norma M30 LMP3 with a 420hp 5.0 V8
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 03-06-2019 at 05:11 AM.

2018 Norma M30 LMP3 with a 420hp 5.6 V8 (Nissan Titan motor)
    So it should be good for towing
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.