Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Marker rMotion2 12?

Oh boy, I got myself a pair of Hawx Ultra XTD 130. They tour great, ride even better. Amazingly they also fit my old old Fisher bindings but it's high time I get a new pair of skis too.

I'm looking at Volkl Deacon 74 for the regular piste/all mountain skiing. They seem to always come with a Market rMotion2 12 binding which for some reason does not exist in any other context. Does it work with WTR soles? Anyone knows?

The Marker Motion binding are GW compatible.

This shit is getting nearly as annoying as all the hub spacing for bikes. Good gawd.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Bump.

I want to put together a less-aggro inbounds setup, to be skied with my Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD. They're WTR soles but apparently, per the above, do not work with every "WTR" binding?

What is the best WTR binding for someone that usually skis Pivot 18s (but set at the bottom of the DIN range) and will work with these boots? STH2 16?
    Atomic/Salomon NMC Wardens... those binding will work with any sole.. alpine, touring, WTR, GripWalk, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I did exactly that this year, Cochise or Lupo with alpine sole would also work.

Last year when I tried skiing the Hawx Ultra XTD all the time I was in either STH2 or Wardens.
    Old post but sounds like the WTR (2018/19) Hawx XTD 130 fits fine in STH2 WTR bindings? Gonna grab a pair of those or Wardens for the same purpose, inbounds resort/skiing with kid ski.

Old thread I know, but I have a question on this topic. I ski a pair of 2017-2018 pair of Lange freetour XT 130 (with WTR soles) and picked up this year's Look P18 GW. I hadn't really researched things before I bought my P18s, and realised that the GW/WTR incompatibility was a thing just before going to the my local shop to get those bindings mounted. I was assured by the guy at the shop who mounted my skis that the WTR soles on my boots would be compatible with the P18 GW; something along the lines of 'WTR is getting phased out by GW, but compatible in this case'. I took the guy's word for it, and I've now skied with this boot/binding combination on a few days, without any issues (ski released OK when it needed to).

Based on this thread that I've just found however, I'm having second thoughts about taking this guy's word for it. Have I just been lucky on the few falls that I've taken with this setup?

Yeah that's wrong. Toe height on a WTR boot is higher than a GW or alpine sole. The good news is that it's pretty easy to swap the AFDs to the WTR model.

Hi everyone. I have Krypton with alpine soles and Hawx XTD with WTR.
    Want to buy alpine binding that is compatible with both boots. As I understand my options are either STH2 or Wardens. Leaning towards STH2 16 - because of full metal (skiing with 9.5dins). But have few questions.
    What binding is harder to set up? What binding is more reliable? What would you recommend?

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    Hi everyone. I have Krypton with alpine soles and Hawx XTD with WTR.
    Want to buy alpine binding that is compatible with both boots. As I understand my options are either STH2 or Wardens. Leaning towards STH2 16 - because of full metal (skiing with 9.5dins). But have few questions.
    What binding is harder to set up? What binding is more reliable? What would you recommend?

Thanx
    STH2s aren't full metal. Which is fine, they hold up well. Heels are the same between Warden and STH. Either will work fine if you're at 9.5 DIN. The Warden toe is a little quicker and easier to adjust between boots if you're swapping back and forth all the time, but it's not a massive difference.

I thought the difference between sth2 16 and 13 is that 16 is full metal.

Anyway, thanx for info!

What about Look pivot 14 WTR? Found them for cheap. And as far as I can judge by watching YouTube videos they look the easiest to adjust. At least in the toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    What about Look pivot 14 WTR? Found them for cheap. And as far as I can judge by watching YouTube videos they look the easiest to adjust. At least in the toe.
    Good bindings, but the range of BSL adjustment is way smaller than the Solys, and it's a little fiddlier to adjust. Fine if your boots are close on BSL, less good if you're switching a lot and the length difference is substantial.

So following advice from HAB, I have now switched out my old WTR soles to GW soles on my Lange Freetour 130, in order to make my boots compatible with my Pivot 18s GW.

I'm now concerned that my boots (with GW soles) might have compatibility issues with other bindings in my quiver, in particular a pair of Marker Dukes from 2013 (or thereabouts). Those were compatible with my old WTR soles, but I can't find any conclusive info online regarding the compatibility of GW soles with Marker Dukes (especially an older iteration of that binding). Does anyone have any info regarding that?

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    So following advice from HAB, I have now switched out my old WTR soles to GW soles on my Lange Freetour 130, in order to make my boots compatible with my Pivot 18s GW.

I'm now concerned that my boots (with GW soles) might have compatibility issues with other bindings in my quiver, in particular a pair of Marker Dukes from 2013 (or thereabouts). Those were compatible with my old WTR soles, but I can't find any conclusive info online regarding the compatibility of GW soles with Marker Dukes (especially an older iteration of that binding). Does anyone have any info regarding that?
    Bump. I've got the same question. I put my new GW boots into some old Barons, and I'm not sure if they are good to go. I'm assuming if the boot afd meets the binding afd with about a business-card-width gap, AND no other rubber from the boot is contacting the binding AFD that it's good. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan816 View Post
    Bump. I've got the same question. I put my new GW boots into some old Barons, and I'm not sure if they are good to go. I'm assuming if the boot afd meets the binding afd with about a business-card-width gap, AND no other rubber from the boot is contacting the binding AFD that it's good. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? Thanks.
    They will work, even if rubber is touching-that’s why the AFD slides.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    They will work, even if rubber is touching-that’s why the AFD slides.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks for the response. What else do we need to consider with GW boots in old, non-gw bindings?

Thanks for the response. What else do we need to consider with GW boots in old, non-gw bindings?
    GW boots will not work with non GW bindings. However the Barons are MNC (multi norm compatible) meaning that they accept alpine, WTR, GW & full touring soles providing they are correctly adjusted for both forward pressure and toe height. The correct toe height gauge is 0.5mm and ensure that the boot is 'levered' rearwards before setting the toe height so the the top edge of the boots toe lug is tight up against the underside of the binding toe wings.

Officially, MNC (Multi Norm Compatible) is a term coined by Salomon and hence only applies to Amer products (Salomon, Atomic, Armada). The Marker equivalent is Sole ID, a term which didn't exist when the Baron/Duke first came out, but they should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Officially, MNC (Multi Norm Compatible) is a term coined by Salomon and hence only applies to Amer products (Salomon, Atomic, Armada). The Marker equivalent is Sole ID, a term which didn't exist when the Baron/Duke first came out, but they should work fine.
    Thanks Greg, that makes sense. Do you know of any official word from marker on the backwards compatibility of GW and pre-sole id barons? In other words, how do you know it's a safe set-up? I assume it is, but I'm looking for someone more knowledgeable than me to tell me why. Just for peace of mind. Thanks.

Thanks Greg, that makes sense. Do you know of any official word from marker on the backwards compatibility of GW and pre-sole id barons? In other words, how do you know it's a safe set-up? I assume it is, but I'm looking for someone more knowledgeable than me to tell me why. Just for peace of mind. Thanks.
    Marker doesn't specifically address this, at least in their tech manual. The old (non-EPF) Baron is still on their '19-'20 indemnified list, and the binding hasn't really changed other than beefing up the toepiece housing at the pivot and getting wider. The new Baron is approved for "ISO 9523 soles with the additional marking Grip Walk," so I would infer that the combination should work. If in doubt, have the setup tested and/or buy a new binding.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but can anyone confirm whether the pivot dual/wtr toe is compatible with the Atomic Hawx XTD 130 model from a few years ago with the WTR sole? Currently using them with wardens with no issues, but wondering if they work with the pivot WTR toe.

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but can anyone confirm whether the pivot dual/wtr toe is compatible with the Atomic Hawx XTD 130 model from a few years ago with the WTR sole? Currently using them with wardens with no issues, but wondering if they work with the pivot WTR toe.
    Yep, that works.