Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I'd have to say INVINCIBLE is my favorite track

So I got tix for the 2nd Denver show. Bring the binoculars.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    If I lived in the city, I would definitely try. Not committing that much to off-hand chance.
    Besides, I would rather sit home stewing in my own juices about how much I hate Ticketmaaster instead.
    Just got an email from Ticketmaster that someone hacked into my account. Which I JUST created for Tool tix. I know it may not be Tixmaster's fault, but my annoyance with them grows and grows...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Just got an email from Ticketmaster that someone hacked into my account. Which I JUST created for Tool tix. I know it may not be Tixmaster's fault, but my annoyance with them grows and grows...
    TM sucks. Plain and simple.
    Once I got to the point of selecting tickets, I kept getting "Sorry, someone else has selected those tickets" over and over. Finally selected something a bit further back over and over until it finally went through. TM are fucking fucks,

Tickets to the Boston show sold out in a few minutes. Now Stubhub wants $215 for seats BEHIND THE GODDAMN STAGE. Fuck that.

I remember seeing Tool in 1997 in a club in NY, I think tickets were $20.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    TM sucks. Plain and simple.
    Once I got to the point of selecting tickets, I kept getting "Sorry, someone else has selected those tickets" over and over. Finally selected something a bit further back over and over until it finally went through. TM are fucking fucks,
    I got that too, but it was a race to grab anything with other people online, I don't think that's their fault. Everything else should be though.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I got that too, but it was a race to grab anything with other people online, I don't think that's their fault. Everything else should be though.
    Not their fault on that part. Just the process they have in place. While nice that you can, er, select your seats, it made it very frustrating. Shows like this feels like a game show and I don't want the buzzer to go off. Gimme your price levels and I'll tell me how many I want and just handle it. If you are going to charge me $25/ticket in fees, can you make it seem like you are doing something other than giving me grief?

If they come to Tampa, we have a hook up. Buy the cheapest tix, and meet up with my friend's brother before the show. He runs security. He trades us out shitty tix for pit or row A. I guess they keep a bunch of good tix for people that have security issues near them, or other hook ups.
    We have done it a couple times so far. I just have to be able to get the cheap seats in time.

That’s sooooooooo badass....TOOL! Eyes full of Wonder.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Whelp, looks like Tool pulled the new album off Prime. Dam.

Now I have to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Now I have to buy it.

Buy it you bum

I know I know.

Now I have to buy it.

Weird. Listened to it while at the gym this morning and just went into my accnt and searched it and it came up.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    X2.

The new album is great - per usual, some insane music on there. But it kinda feels like they're just finding ways to draw out saying / playing the same things with minor tweaks here and there.
    This is kind of how I felt after listening on a long car ride. I'll probably give it a shot again sometime while at home or work to see what I think. It felt like they grabbed phrases from previous songs and used them instead of making something new. But the little patches of familiarity may have skewed the experience and made me think I was getting something more like some of the older songs. It's also possible I should listen to it as new music, not specifically as a tool album because of all the associations I have with their earlier music

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Weird. Listened to it while at the gym this morning and just went into my accnt and searched it and it came up.
    It’s there, but just with just Fear Innoculum as the only song for me.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    This is kind of how I felt after listening on a long car ride. I'll probably give it a shot again sometime while at home or work to see what I think. It felt like they grabbed phrases from previous songs and used them instead of making something new. But the little patches of familiarity may have skewed the experience and made me think I was getting something more like some of the older songs. It's also possible I should listen to it as new music, not specifically as a tool album because of all the associations I have with their earlier music
    IMO it’s not their best album but Tool’s worst is still better than 90% of the garbage out there. Easily.

IMO it’s not their best album but Tool’s worst is still better than 90% of the garbage out there. Easily.

That's a fact.

It’s there, but just with just Fear Innoculum as the only song for me.

Bummer.
    quick screen grab.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1496.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	407.1 KB 
ID:	294716

Yea on the phone app all the songs show but don’t play except Fear Innoculum. On my computer it just shows Fear Innoculum.

I’ve been playing it A LOT since it came out ( like almost everyday all day) so maybe I hit a play limit and have to upgrade to Prime Unlimited ? Or just buy the album on I Tunes.

Yea on the phone app all the songs show but don’t play except Fear Innoculum. On my computer it just shows Fear Innoculum.

I’ve been playing it A LOT since it came out ( like almost everyday all day) so maybe I hit a play limit and have to upgrade to Prime Unlimited ? Or just buy the album on I Tunes.

That’s bizarre. I do have unlimited so maybe that’s the rub.

I have UL too and it works fine.
    Honestly, UL works pretty damn good. Spend less on new music overall and I don't have to mess with a lot of cases with the wrong CD in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That’s bizarre. I do have unlimited so maybe that’s the rub.
    That’s it.

The basic Prime shut it down.

It gone.

Anyone need a pair of tix to the SLC show next Fri 10/18? We were gonna drive out from Tahoe but my girl's gotta fly back to Aus.
    Gotta couple great seats in Sec 18 Row 9, that'd be pretty much center court for a Jazz game. I paid $375 from Ticketmaster, gimme a shout if you want to go.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."