Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    No response from BC yet, can't hurt to give the dude a call though.
    I'm waiting for a response from AJ right now, to me pointing out that thing about ad blocking isn't in their faq on the site and that I can't find any other reason for the denial. I'd just as soon they tried to straighten this out before I go direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I'm waiting for a response from AJ right now, to me pointing out that thing about ad blocking isn't in their faq on the site and that I can't find any other reason for the denial. I'd just as soon they tried to straighten this out before I go direct.
    Sounds like a good plan. Connor did shoot me an email saying he would be happy to help and for you to give him a call at the number I posted earlier if need be.

Bit of a bump, but curious what came of all this.

I too have a Backcountry handler, I'm sorry gearhead, and I've noticed if I place an order over the phone with him he will throw me some sort of extra discount. Maybe I'm making connections that aren't there, but it seems like I either use Active Junky to order online, or William gives me an extra little bump if I don't use Active Junky. Probably just a coincidence though...

Also, Active Junky appeared to be down for me over the past couple days. "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." I reset my website settings, turned off my ad-blocker, and BOOM back to normal.

Bottom line: I never got the rebate from backcountry.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanmells View Post
    I place an order over the phone with him he will throw me some sort of extra discount.

...William gives me an extra little bump...
    William just likes the sound of your voice. He wishes you would call more often... NTTAWWT.

There must be a tracking thing that gets blocked. Just Whitelist Active Junky in your ad blocker?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I have issues with some online retailers and systems due to browser incompatibility on my Windows phone. Curse of Internet Explorer. I haven't been able to load any other browers current enough to get around it either.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I bought a wheelset and had a dented rim. Took them back to the warehouse and made an exchange. It was processed as s return and AJ revoked my cash back. Some 56 bucks or more. That sucked.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Had some issue with my last few orders not getting the cash back automatically. One to als.com didn't work. Then a backcounty.com worked fine. The next 2 to jenson did not work. Submitted support tickets. Clicked like normal from active junky site and don't have any ad blocking. Did a reboot for any cache issues after the first jenson didn't work. Thinking updated chrome might be messing something up...google wants the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Bottom line: I never got the rebate from backcountry.com.
    AJ has been reliable ish(I open cases and eventually get paid). I’ve been irritated that Backcountry wouldn’t price match a Smartwool sweater from STP as they said the price was too low even though it met all the requirements posted.
    I don’t have the same luck with my William at BC and have given him a few chances to offer me some extra % off but haven’t had anything great offered.
    If I want something today having a BC retail outlet-warehouse 10 minutes from home is worth a few extra $ though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmills View Post
    AJ has been reliable ish(I open cases and eventually get paid). I’ve been irritated that Backcountry wouldn’t price match a Smartwool sweater from STP as they said the price was too low even though it met all the requirements posted.
    I don’t have the same luck with my William at BC and have given him a few chances to offer me some extra % off but haven’t had anything great offered.
    If I want something today having a BC retail outlet-warehouse 10 minutes from home is worth a few extra $ though.
    I've had similar issues with price matching on BC.com and STP. Tried to price match crampons. They wouldn't have it despite it being the same model.

So I ordered set from STP. I had already removed the tags from the bc.com ones. So I just put the STP ones in the bc.com box and returned with no one the wiser.

Is anyone having problems logging onto AJ?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

No problems logging in, but actually earning cashback from the retailers has been a 50/50 shot recently

Every time I try I get this; We're sorry, but something went wrong.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information

Did we determine if running adblocker screws with AJ rebates? Because I'm fine with whitelisting places I shop, if so. If not, I'm not inclined to see ads while I shop that I wouldn't see at a B&M shop otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I figured it out. I had the Protect for questionable websites selected. All good now

Quote Originally Posted by talbash View Post
    This.

AJ is a free service that pays when they get paid. They didn't get paid because OP's ad blocking software screwed up the tracking process. Maybe learn more about how your ad blocker works and how it can negatively affect some internet functions you desire. The only bullshit is the sense of entitlement and blaming others for your error.
    Hey, wow, super marketing there. Considerate, respectful, transparent.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<