Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ebola Zombie Outbreak, Coming Soon!

CDC to cut by 80 percent efforts to prevent global disease outbreak

Four years after the United States pledged to help the world fight infectious-disease epidemics such as Ebola, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is dramatically downsizing its epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries because money is running out, U.S. government officials said.

The CDC programs, part of a global health security initiative, train front-line workers in outbreak detection and work to strengthen laboratory and emergency response systems in countries where disease risks are greatest. The goal is to stop future outbreaks at their source.

Most of the funding comes from a one-time, five-year emergency package that Congress approved to respond to the 2014 Ebola epidemic in West Africa. About $600 million was awarded to the CDC to help countries prevent infectious-disease threats from becoming epidemics. That money is slated to run out by September 2019. Despite statements from President Trump and senior administration officials affirming the importance of controlling outbreaks, officials and global infectious-disease experts are not anticipating that the administration will budget additional resources.
    Two weeks ago, the CDC began notifying staffers and officials abroad about its plan to downsize these activities, because officials assume there will be “no new resources,” said a senior government official speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss budget matters. Notice is being given now to CDC country directors “as the very first phase of a transition,” the official said. There is a need for “forward planning,” the official said, to accommodate longer advance notice for staffers and for leases and property agreements. The downsizing decision was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

The CDC plans to narrow its focus to 10 “priority countries,” starting in October 2019, the official said. They are India, Thailand and Vietnam in Asia; Jordan in the Middle East; Kenya, Uganda, Liberia, Nigeria and Senegal in Africa; and Guatemala in Central America.

Countries where the CDC is planning to scale back include some of the world’s hot spots for emerging infectious disease, such as China, Pakistan, Haiti, Rwanda and Congo. Last year, when Congo experienced a potentially deadly Ebola outbreak in a remote, forested area, CDC-trained disease detectives and rapid responders helped contain it quickly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5873a7eff519
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...demics/552224/
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/03/healt...age/index.html
    http://time.com/5177802/cdc-budget-c...tious-disease/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/u...ty-agenda.html

Meanwhile the military budget is getting an ~$87B increase this year apparently. So we're protected from shit that won't hurt us and left vulnerable to shit that may kill us. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Don't worry....pretty soon we'll have that beautiful wall Donny promised us, and we'll be protected
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Silver lining: When we all die from ebola, Bam! eternal life through zombification.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Rabies seems more zombie like to me.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Don't worry....pretty soon we'll have that beautiful wall Donny promised us, and we'll be protected
    About that...

Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

damn you beat me to it...

and thread drift 45% of illegal aliens come here with a plane ticket and or visa - oh well the orange retard doesn't really get by on facts

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Meanwhile the military budget is getting an ~$87B increase this year apparently. So we're protected from shit that won't hurt us and left vulnerable to shit that may kill us. Awesome.
    Exactly. Thanks tRump

He praised the program's efficacy while at the same time not renewing the funding. Hey, how about only increasing the military budget by 86.4 billion and re-funding the CDC's efforts to stop pandemics/epidemics at their source??
    this moran is going to get us all killed. in any number of different ways. fuck

Is this the new plan to fight global hunger, by epidemic?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Ebola isn't as insane of a virus as you think. Fairly easy to track (aka) death and quick....and it has had trouble transmitting in first world countries due to basic hygiene and basic barrier nursing. Transmission rate is only 2.....compared to something like pertussis which is on the verge of 20 its not bad.

It is a scary disease though, and if we were to see widespread transmission it could be bad. However majority of Ebola outbreaks happen in highly remote areas of Africa due to the likely link with bushmeat/bats. Along with this, people's fear of Ebola is a driving factor in the stop of spread. Food companies, first responders, hell even WHO can think twice before going into an infected village to assist. Even the two nurses infected in the US were directly infected because the company that washes/destroys the uniforms/ppe refused to take the nurses scrubs to be destroyed....people are scared of it.

The 2013 outbreak was scary, although it was not even close to how bad they predicted. 20,000 infected with around 10,000 dead I believe. Somewhere around there. Somewhat okay response. Absolute idiocracy on the CDC etc in some parts. Aka the lack of quarantine for responders returning from west Africa.

Don't get me started on the cuts to public health/cdc. We are in a constant state of failure because of these cuts. Sucks for me.

Also sorry to break it....but the CDC has no global monitoring system for infectious disease. At all. Nor does the WHO (well kinda) or any country out there. Countries don't talk. It's scary.

The WHO may compile "statistics" from countries.....but these statistics are out weeks to months after the fact. And it is not uncommon to see some countries lie. Can effect tourism etc. Anytime $$$ Is effected you start questioning. Also, the Who's list of diseases to surveil is not essentially the best.

Currently working with a professor who created an open source intelligence surveillance system. Super super interesting stuff.

A global pandemic is perhaps my biggest fear.

Quote Originally Posted by profahoben View Post
    Also sorry to break it....but the CDC has no global monitoring system for infectious disease. At all. Nor does the WHO (well kinda) or any country out there. Countries don't talk. It's scary.

The WHO may compile "statistics" from countries.....but these statistics are out weeks to months after the fact. And it is not uncommon to see some countries lie. Can effect tourism etc. Anytime $$$ Is effected you start questioning. Also, the Who's list of diseases to surveil is not essentially the best.

Currently working with a professor who created an open source intelligence surveillance system. Super super interesting stuff.
    Thank you for the primer, and for your important work. Please keep it up.

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call L.A.
    The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
    Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
    Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.

Fret for your figure and
    Fret for your latte and
    Fret for your lawsuit and
    Fret for your hairpiece and
    Fret for your Prozac and
    Fret for your pilot and
    Fret for your contract and
    Fret for your car.

It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call L.A.
    The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
    Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
    Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
    Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
    Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still.
    Followed by millions of dumbfounded dip shits.

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will cause
    I sure could use a vacation from this

Stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
    I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim. [3x]

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
    Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
    Fuck all his clones.
    Fuck all these gun-toting
    Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

Fuck retro anything.
    Fuck your tattoos.
    Fuck all you junkies and
    Fuck your short memory.

Learn to swim.

Fuck smiley glad-hands
    With hidden agendas.
    Fuck these dysfunctional,
    Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cause I'm praying for rain
    And I'm praying for tidal waves
    I wanna see the ground give way.
    I wanna watch it all go down.
    Mom, please flush it all away.
    I wanna see it go right in and down.
    I wanna watch it go right in.
    Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
    Don't just call me pessimist.
    Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
    Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
    Bring it down
    Suck it down.
    Flush it down.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

The Reverend Maynard/Floater

Name:  modified_third_eye_from_tool_by_nirotu.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  113.0 KB

Spectres haunt the jungles around Mbandaka. The chevrotain, Tragulus i8s such a spectre. Tragulus mothers teach their offspring to eat the twigs of Pycnanthus, which tree also produces antipoliovirus compounds. Dihydroguaiaretic acid is such a compound. Diydroguaiaretic acid is also starter material for the development of brincidofovir, which experimental medication was fed to ebola patient Thomas Duncan, in Texas.

But the OPV/AIDS hypothesis also links to Mbandaka*, for polio vaccinations were indeed performed there:

'At some time in late 1959 or early 1960, a vaccination campaign was staged at the large town of Coquilhatville ("Coq"), in Equateur Province.'
    (Hooper E, The River: A Journey to the Source of HIV/AIDS, p. 728)

* Mbandaka = Coquilhatville

Thanks for clarifying that.

I hear that down on wall st. they say curing people is a bad business model.

Quote Originally Posted by profahoben View Post
    Ebola isn't as insane of a virus as you think. Fairly easy to track (aka) death and quick....and it has had trouble transmitting in first world countries due to basic hygiene and basic barrier nursing. Transmission rate is only 2.....compared to something like pertussis which is on the verge of 20 its not bad.
    Well, the whole paranoia and movie Outbreak was based on the possibility of the virus mutating and going airborne..

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

What's that UN Agenda.....2025?

Quote Originally Posted by m7689d View Post
    Spectres haunt the jungles around Mbandaka. The chevrotain, Tragulus i8s such a spectre. Tragulus mothers teach their offspring to eat the twigs of Pycnanthus, which tree also produces antipoliovirus compounds. Dihydroguaiaretic acid is such a compound. Diydroguaiaretic acid is also starter material for the development of brincidofovir, which experimental medication was fed to ebola patient Thomas Duncan, in Texas.

But the OPV/AIDS hypothesis also links to Mbandaka*, for polio vaccinations were indeed performed there:

'At some time in late 1959 or early 1960, a vaccination campaign was staged at the large town of Coquilhatville ("Coq"), in Equateur Province.'
    (Hooper E, The River: A Journey to the Source of HIV/AIDS, p. 728)

* Mbandaka = Coquilhatville
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that.
    I believe he is saying that a) there are natural antivirals in the jungle and b) the area where the current Ebola outbreak is taking place is also where Western scientists gave experimental polio vaccine that somehow led to the AIDS epidemic. Most Western scientists don't believe that.

One problem we see is internet fascism, so we post on one site to understand the pathology of "cross-posting" and the placing of links. Yes, thanks for condensing this complex story, which actually involves four major viruses, so we'll be glad to take on any Western scientists here who will debate the issue because it is indeed political. The four viruses we will mention are HIV-1/2, ebola, poliovirus and hepatitis B virus (HBV). There is posted some material on a site that was chosen only because we seen that it contained an OPV/AIDS origin thread, though on the ebola thread there, none have replied to our posts yet: Fortean Times. Phoenix Rising website )for ME/CFS indeed contains those savvy in pharmacodynamics and medicine, though our first post remains invisible to other members while the "Administration" chastises us (this writer and many authors quoted) for not introducing ourselves first. Duh, pathogenic viruses learned stealth early on, and we have no cringing desire to kiss rumps and rings to be able to speak on this issue: there are many locations still left in screenal space to do so. Forthcoming and to clue-up other readers, we will attempt to post an excerpt that shows that two of the four viruses mentioned above were once the same virus.

^^^^WOW, Zombie half hearted joke thread about CDC cuts produces zombie bots!^^^^^
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!