Why was the LIne Sick Day 125 retired?

Educate me.

I would venture to guess that not enough people purchased it to justify making it again

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    I would venture to guess that not enough people purchased it to justify making it again

+1

105 is the new 125, haven’t you heard? Thin is IN!
    Gravity. It's the law.

The SD125 was a ripping ski. Up there with K2 Obsethed and On3p Billy Goats in terms of resort powder charging/playing and versatility in weird snow. It skied like a super fat all mtn ski. The 125 was not a wimpy either, it was medium-stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    The SD125 was a ripping ski. Up there with K2 Obsethed and On3p Billy Goats in terms of resort powder charging/playing and versatility in weird snow. It skied like a super fat all mtn ski. The 125 was not a wimpy either, it was medium-stiff.
    That's probably why it was discontinued then. Line's bread and butter market seems to be folks who like floppy noodles. The med-stiff crowd tend to not even consider them as a general rule. IME anyways. They've had exceptions to this, but mostly proving the rule.

It was 125mm wide, and part of their dad-bod collection. No one bought it.

If you want a more versatile version that still skis pow and crud as well go buy a Pinnacle 118, it’s pretty much the same unimaginative overly damp ski.

Tell me all about the Mordecai please.

That’s a hard left turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    It’s a wide all mtn jib ski. Lighter, but stiffer than pollards Opus.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    That's probably why it was discontinued then. Line's bread and butter market seems to be folks who like floppy noodles. The med-stiff crowd tend to not even consider them as a general rule. IME anyways. They've had exceptions to this, but mostly proving the rule.
    I came to the same realization when they discontinued the Mothership... Wish I'd stockpiled some when they were on closeout. Sick days were too soft for me when I demo'd them

I think I may want the Line Mordecai now. I have Enforcer 100’s for everything else so I want a playful powder ski. Super 7, Backland 117, Rustler 11 n Mordecai has my intention. Never owned a full twin tip symmetrical ski. Widest I’ve skied was Atomic Automatic

Icelantic Nomad 115 just came on my radar.

jeeze, how about giving it that 1% effort and researching these conundrums through for instance google instead of

Educate me.
    most people on here try to figure things out before posting. Good to know that you feel differently after having contributed insights to the board for years and years ... Anyway, good luck on finding the perfect ski

Some skis have a lot more info/reviews than others, Mordecai and especially Nomad’s seem to be less well known

At least bother to learn about basic ski design. Dear fucking gawd your only criteria for consideration seems to be wider than whatever width automatic you had. One has metal, the others don’t. Turn radius and rocker profiles are all over the map. Mount points are again, all over.

The reason you won’t find much about the Nomad is no one cares about Icelantic.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    At least bother to learn about basic ski design. Dear fucking gawd your only criteria for consideration seems to be wider than whatever width automatic you had. One has metal, the others don’t. Turn radius and rocker profiles are all over the map. Mount points are again, all over.

X, what’s your top 3 skis ever for maritime resort powder charging versatility? From dust on crusty coral reef, to deep 3D Mank, and all the stuff in between.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

This must be true at my shop.....we brought in Icelantic this past year and only sold 1 pair....we are now at 50% off and can't even get rid of them. Big mistake......We'll have these things laying around for years.

Let's put it this way...we won't be bringing them back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    This must be true at my shop.....we brought in Icelantic this past year and only sold 1 pair....we are now at 50% off and can't even get rid of them. Big mistake......We'll have these things laying around for years.

Let's put it this way...we won't be bringing them back next year.
    got a nomad 115 in a 181 for sale?

got a nomad 115 in a 181 for sale?
    Let me check.....Once I get in there today....I’ll pm you either way to let you know. Thanks for asking.

PM sent

we might have a pair or two of the 125’s if anyone is really jonesing for that ski. shoot me a pm to remind me and I can chk when we get back home
    skid luxury

These are on-sale right now on the-house.com.... If you’re after brand new for fairly cheap, check ‘em out.

https://www.the-house.com/8986lisd12...line-skis.html

https://www.the-house.com/8986lisd12...line-skis.html