Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    My cute little belly in that picture has another 20 years to go until I reach full fitness apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    You’re like 26, right?

*edit by gains I mean gains in overall fitness, not bodybuilding gains.
    So gains, not gainz? I need to stop getting yoked, and get fit..

Attachment 229315

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I did in highschool but that doesn't help. I lifted twice a day during the week, once pretty easily for class, then again for wrestling before practice.

Currently I'm bouldering 1-3 hours 5-7 days a week plus skiing twice on the weekends. Not enough cardio but I'm starting to work that in and I'll be biking across the lake for work every day starting in a few weeks.

Work stress fucked things up this fall. Three 100+ hour seven day weeks plus trying to hold a relationship together got me to 205 from 195. I'm back down to 185 now, but I don't really like using weight as a benchmark, it's just convenient for my own mental accounting.

I meant to buy that book last season (or two seasons ago?) Just did it.
    Ima buy that book too. I dont even tour or climb, but I want to start, and I bet the ideas and methods translate well to other sports as well.

AUVgeek has recommended it to me 2-3 times now, I should probably listen.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    So fitness is based entirely on appearance while wearing multiple layers of ski clothing? Gotcha. I'm not really concerned with appearances. Why scratch the face out? That was already posted here before.
    . Just wanted to try and keep the mystique of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Ima buy that book too. I dont even tour or climb, but I want to start, and I bet the ideas and methods translate well to other sports as well.

AUVgeek has recommended it to me 2-3 times now, I should probably listen.
    It's definitely more geared towards endurance sports like touring. If you don't tour, then I still think the progression:
    transition to training -> max strength -> muscular endurance -> sport-specific preparation
    has some merits, but you might prefer something more like Mountain Athlete's programming: http://mtntactical.com/shop/dryland-...ining-program/

I personally do the House Johnston text with skiing-specific exercises woven in -- been having fun with banded squats and drop snatch for eccentric work lately.

One thing that's crummy is all your friends think you're out of shape during your "base period" because you're constantly fatigued and not really able to perform until you've had a good rest. Something to consider if your periodization is timed for a big spring trip.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Name:  IMG_2945.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  67.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    NW_skier is so ripped and vascular, his entire body looks like dick skin. Veiny and muscular. It's embarrassing to share a hot tub with him, as I look like a pudgy tub of hairy lard.

That's basically the goal of working out. To have arms that look like giant throbbing dicks. The ladies love it.
    Both you fuckers are banned from the hot tub here. Take your veiny, pudgy throbbing skin to the showers at the state line truck stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Do (have) you guys (ever) lifted consistently during ski season, and recovered fine? Lifting 3-4 days a week, and skiing 3-4 days a week? I feel like I just hit a wall. I probably just need more water and better nutrition.
    Yes, but my purpose of lifting during ski season has always been to maintain what was built in the off season, not make gainz. Active recovery.

My cute little belly in that picture has another 20 years to go until I reach full fitness apparently.
    Having children will expedite your goals and assist you in achieving your maximum fitness potential.

I will check that out and give it a read.
    ebook https://play.google.com/store/books/...FZVjfgodXzAKeA

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Just the beer in your hand, right?

That's basically the goal of working out. To have arms that look like giant throbbing dicks. The ladies love it.
    The goal of working out for me is so I can have that beer and still feel good and do the things I like, that and it helps your sexual stamina. I've found that the ladies appreciate that more than looking like a walking hard on.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    170. Feel free to PM her if you're interested in unloading. I can't remember if she's still looking or not. Honestly, it's hard to get her to ski anything but her 12.13 176 Billy Goats these days.
    You signed up for this when you bought them.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I have the House/Johnston book as well. Highly recommend it.

So who's in for some huge days on the volcanoes this spring? We can joke about the bygone days of hauling BillyGoats to the summit.
    I’m in. Are steeples/tectons ok?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    What steeples did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The goal of working out for me is so I can have that beer and still feel good and do the things I like, that and it helps your sexual stamina. I've found that the ladies appreciate that more than looking like a walking hard on.
    What is unicorn pussy like?
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Sorry, bro. Can't let you up the hill with those.

Can I go?

I quit my Gym yesterday. I walked in and said "look at me, I don't need you anymore" But really I used to work out so I could eat what ever the fuck I wanted....Now I'm just told to eat what I don't want...

Back on Target, Sell the Billy Goats and get some K2's Name:  k2 boots.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  19.6 KB

What is unicorn pussy like?
    horny

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    unihorny

fify.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    fify.
    haha, good fix

Quote Originally Posted by Not Neil_Armstrong View Post
    I quit my Gym yesterday. I walked in and said "look at me, I don't need you anymore" But really I used to work out so I could eat what ever the fuck I wanted....Now I'm just told to eat what I don't want...

Back on Target, Sell the Billy Goats and get some K2's Name:  k2 boots.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  19.6 KB
    I actually just bought those boots. Finally had enough of my Salomon Ghost Max 130s. Length and volume-wise they are good, but the Ghosts somehow pinch the right nerve on the top of my foot, to make my feet go numb. These K2s need the toes blown out, but fit well everywhere else, no numbness. I think toes are easier to fix than nerve-pinching on the top of my foot.

You should’ve bought the rs130s in GS. You’re gonna break the k2s in half. Pm Mooseknuckles

Well that's your fuckin' problem! and it's why your skiing is feeling wonky. All the best skiers on the mountain ski in Langes, dude. Langes + Pivot 18s + Goats = The Lord's Combo

This thread delivers.

Well that's your fuckin' problem! and it's why your skiing is feeling wonky. All the best skiers on the mountain ski in Langes, dude. Langes + Pivot 18s + Goats = The Lord's Combo
    Lol
    " lords combo" + the Devils lettuce =....

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    You should’ve bought the rs130s in GS. You’re gonna break the k2s in half. Pm Mooseknuckles
    Did he actually break a set of those? Haha
    The Holy Trinity. Church of Goaty Planks of Pivoty Clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Damnit. I have the 2017 version, I've heard they have better reliability than the first few years of pinnacles. I didn't pay much at all for them, if they at least get me through this season, and allow me to get into spring touring even just short tours, I figure it a win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Neil_Armstrong View Post
    Lol
    " lords combo" + the Devils lettuce =....
    Add 6" new and that sounds like a great day at the hill.

The Holy Trinity. Church of Goaty Planks of Pivoty Clamps.
    upon this rock I build this church.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    absolutely
    word